NCP/BW Legal PCN - NCP Blackfriars, Gloucester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Daughter got a parking ticket in an NCP car park in January - not disputing this (she’s a F1 junior doctor and it’s the local car park next to hospital - she may have been late returning etc) . However, she didn’t receive any communication until July from BWLegal stating the case has been passed to them as no payment/no appeal. 

Looking into it,  NCP use DVLA to find address and this recorded slightly wrong, it says the house number is 8 not 18 - the problem is I bought the car in my name and gifted it to her on passing her test.  Unfortunately I made a mistake on the V5 when transferring it to her name.  I’ve started to correct this today by completing another form with the DVLA but it will take 4-8 weeks to process.  

My daughter didn’t realise that she should have received the V5 and I didn’t think to check.  Technically I am the seller and it was my responsibility to complete the form

It appears that it is too late to make an appeal with NCP and BWLegal state that it is her fault and has to pay £170 ( I guess this is because she should have been aware she needed the V5 - but she just assumed we had it).  

Does anyone know if they do negotiate and is it worth taking any further action as she is happy to pay the original fine but feels that she has missed the opportunity of early payment and the excess would see her struggle 

Thanks for any advice (1st time posting on the site)

Hi Jazzy and welcome to CAG.

No, they won't negotiate...

The usual advice here is to ignore all communications from these fleecers unless or until you get a letter of claim.

It sounds suspiciously like you've been communicating with them?

Could you please upload all documents you've sent / received so far?

Wait for other advice to be posted, but I suspect you'll be having to write to the fleecers to inform them officially of your proper address.

Also have a read around the forum on other threads and educate yourself about the shenanigans these lowlife private parking companies (PPC'S) get up to.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to NCP/BW Legal

please complete this:

and scan up bothsides of every letter in/out to one mass PDF

read upload carefully

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you (there’s only one letter from them which I will get off my daughter)

she called them in the beginning as didn’t obviously know what it was about - and got back via phone to them after she found out the backstory of the v5 error.  

We are most worried about credit history and ccj’s as she is a young professional and I’ve never been in this situation before can’t advise -

thanks for your help

- I’ll try and brush up in the meantime 

Speculative invoices dont show on credit files

a CCJ will be that miles and miles away IF IF IF  at all.

shame she rung them!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Get CCJ's out of the equation. 

She can ONLY end up with a CCJ...

IF this goes to court ( definitely not a given), IF she loses (unlikely) AND she refuses to pay the award given by the court ( and £70 will highly likely be deducted from any claim they make).

Read up, you'll get it!

Also, why would she be happy to pay anything at all, she doesn't even know what she's supposed to have done wrong...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

please complete this:

and scan up bothsides of every letter in/out to one mass PDF

read upload carefully

please get this done too.

the better we can actually advise you.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to NCP/BW Legal PCN

She needs to formally inform them of the correct address and also SAR them so she can find out what she is being accused of.  So tomorrow, two birds with one stone, she should send off, to NCP (not BW Legal) -

Dear NCP,

Re: PCN no.XXXXX

firstly, would you kindly note that the address you have on file for me of "8 XXXXX" is incorrect.  I actually live at "18 XXXXX".  Please update your records.

Due to this error I have not received any correspondence from you regarding the above matter.

Then continue the letter with the rest of the content of a SAR request.

Invest in a 2nd class stamp tomorrow and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

Please fill in the sticky.

And yes we need to see the letter, it's 95% likely to be an empty threat from paper tigers, but it's also 5% likely to be a Letter of Claim which means imminent legal action so we need to know.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi -

I’m completed the template as best I can but of course we only have one letter to go by.  

I’ve also completed the letter to NCP along with the SAR.

I am wondering if this should be sent as a letter to their HQ or if I should email it as part of their complaint service? 

1 Date of the infringement - 12 January 2023 

2 Date on the NTK - unknown as not received as sent to wrong address

3 Date received - Unknown as sent to wrong address 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No PCN notice received so can’t answer 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? No PCN notice received so can’t answer 

6 Have you appealed? No - as NCP website will not allow me to as time expired 

7 Who is the parking company? NCP 

8. Where exactly: NCP Blackfriars, Gloucester 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.  Unknown 

2023-07-07 Bwlegal.pdf

6 minutes ago, Jazzy878 said:

Hi - so I’m completed the template as best I can but of course we only have one letter to go by.   I’ve also completed the letter to NCP along with the SAR.  I am wondering if this should be sent as a letter to their HQ or if I should email it as part of their complaint service?

I've had to hide your post above - although I've quoted the text - because you have redacted nothing.  Your daughter's full name, the fleecers' reference number (twice) and the registration number are all showing.

The good news is that this isn't a Letter of Claim, so she can relax about any imminent legal action.

Don't use e-mail with a PPC.  In the unlikely event this goes to court, if they have her e-mail they will be able to file important court documents full of lies one minute before the court deadline and she will have no chance to reply.

On 20/07/2023 at 23:16, FTMDave said:

Invest in a 2nd class stamp tomorrow and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

NCP have previous for ignoring SARs.  Do this so you have proof it was sent.

I forgot to add above - stick in some I.D. such as a council tax bill otherwise the fleecers will use lack of I.D. as an excuse not to comply.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to NCP/BW Legal PCN - NCP Blackfriars, Gloucester

PDF sorted above

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Please come back here (a) if the SAR arrives, or (b) on day 30 if it doesn't.

NCP have previous here for ignoring SARs - and being made to pay for it.