£25k to eight creditors - getting to me - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You ar ein charge. Always remember that. You never ask them for permission, you always TELL them what they are getting. If they get silly, you can provide them with a very simple budget summary provided by NDL. If that summary is good enough for the courts, its good enough for all the low rate creditors that are harassing you.

HOWEVER, before you start offering payments, you need to check the legality of the amounts owned and reclaim everything you can.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've already sent the letters off to everyone except my bank as I am waiting until I get everything transfered over to my new account first.

I was then going to have a look as I think there will be charges I can claim there but I don't think there's many charges on the other accounts as until the last few months i've always made good payments and what has been applied is around the £12 mark which I think from what I've read is thought of as a 'fair' charge. It's always just been the huge interest that they charge that's been the problem for me.....

Anyway, I've given myself a good talking to.....as have you guys :-) and I'm going to be a lot more assertive from now on....and i shall continue to read up on all the info you have here....to be continued....

Hi Puddleboots, Ive been at work this week so Ive missed everything but Im glad that you are feeling happier and more clearlyl minded to deal with these guys.

Let us know how youll get on :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I've had this email reply from Vanquis saying they wont accept my offer without an I & E form. I just wondered if I should send the one I used to work everything out - it is quite comprehensive and covers everything....what do you think?

Dear *******

Thank you for your email and your offer of repayment.

Unfortunately, I am unable to accept the offer of £10.69 without completion of an income and expenditure via a telephone conversation. The following offer can be accepted via email without completing an income and expenditure.

To assist you further, following receipt of the first payment, interest will be frozen.

1. MONTHLY AMOUNT: £71

*Payments must be received by your monthly statement payment due date.

2. REPAYMENT PERIOD: 48 MONTHS

Repayments are subject to periodical review and on completion of arrangement the account may be closed without prior notice.

3. Should the arrangement be broken at any time, we do hold the right to remove the arrangement.

4. If you are at any time unable to meet the monthly agreed amount, please do not hesitate to contact us as we may still be able to assist you.

If you would like to agree to this arrangement, please text YES to 07860031831 with your full name and postcode. Alternatively, you can reply to this email with confirmation. Please note that this offer is only in place for 14 days. You MUST reply to us within this time frame, or your account will face further debt collection activity which may include but is not limited to; Home visits, further Debt Collection Agencies, and/or continuation of interest.

If this offer is unaffordable please call 03300993101 to complete the income and expenditure. Alternatively our team who are designed to deal with people in financial difficulty will try and contact you in the next few days.

Telephone: 01143272213*

Email: [email protected]

Text: 07860031831

Our opening hours are:-

Monday to Thursday 8am to 8pm

Friday 8am to 6pm

Saturday 8am to 1pm

Yours sincerely,

Nicola Fieldsend

*Calls to 01 and 03 numbers are generally included in the ‘free standard rate minutes’ of landline and mobile packages; please check your plan. Otherwise calls to 01 and 03 numbers are charged at your standard rate, which is 9p per minute from a BT landline.*Calls to 0800 numbers are free if made from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.

Vanquis Visa Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited whose registered office is at No. 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU. Registered number 02558509 England. Vanquis Bank Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

Only a court can demand an i+e

what iis the balance?

any late payment charges + overlimit fees? ppi?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It's up to you what you want to do...

Disgraceful that it is 7 times what you can actually afford...

Send an I&E To them... Stay off the phone...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Personally as others will advise, you TELL THEM what you will be paying.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Also DX advises in 23 NOT TO SEND the I+E to anyone

Ok....just wondering though if sending an I & E form would be detrimental at all....I wont send it in if there's a good reason for not doing so but if it means that they will accept my offer (which I want them to) then what other alternative is there othere than going to court to get the same result.

You send a simplified budget summary and TELL them what they are getting.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/steps/step2/Pages/Step_2_11.aspx

budget summary is on the left side. Vanquis think the law doesnt apply to them and theyd get you to send them bank statements and tax returns if they could.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I think in this instance, you really will need to complete an Income & Expenditure form. You can use the one I have posted below (we provide this to those people who are facing repossession and need to produce one for the courts - as it is acceptable to them, then it should be acceptable to Vanquis)

Alternatively, National Debtline will help you produce a Common financial statement, which Vanquis should not be able to refuse.

Ellens Budget Sheet.xls

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

iTEM 23:- No I&E to them, do as the rest of us do just pay them what you think, i..e. £10.00 + if you can afford it, they so far after all this time not contacted about payments but keep a record as they will/do not send statements or any contact as long as you pay that amount or abouts. contact them and you start them off on tangent.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

That email the sent made me laugh, god only knows what calculator, sorry, Abacus they use to magic up those repayment figures.

Personally and IMO, they like to use the threat of I&E forms simply because they like to feel in control, it really is up to you whether or not

you wish to send them one, again purely IMO I have never sent any tin pot DCA or OC an I&E form, all I have ever sent them is

INCOME:£750

OUTGOINGS:£745

Creditors x 5= £1 per creditor.

OFFER £1 per month, your agreement is not required, payments wills start on dd/mm/yyyy for the foreseeable future,

or until my circumstances change.

As has already been said, ONLY a judge can request sight of your confidential private I&E, not some joker who has only just

been promoted from flipping burgers in the golden arches.

They don't like it because the control and power has slipped through their fingers.

They forget to remember that none of these debts are actually priority debts, and I always remind them of this fact, and if needs be,

I tell them that as I am a bit of a social butterfly, I need beer tokens for the weekend, and anything I have left after my wild parties,

curry nights, festivals, etc will be divided up between the other creditors.

As they still fail to help customers in financial difficulty, even when you have informed them of this, they should be told one last time to accept your offer, or you will drop the offer of repayment down to £1 a month for the life of the debt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ahh, I see, thank you Bazooka Boo....sometimes I'm not so good at filling in the gaps so yes your reply was extemely helpful :)

I'm a lot more relaxed now and I feel not so pressured into doing what's right for them rather than doing what's right for me..

.. I do feel a lot more optimistic now.

It is important that I begin to feel worthwhile again and I wont let these people dictate that what is best for me is making them number one in my list of priorities..

...much to the detriment of my own and children's lives...

...sorry children, no dinner tonight but we can all be happy with the thought that we have met Vanquis' payments this month.

...it's crazy to think that I was actually putting the credit card company before my own children's needs..

...thank you all for giving me a cyber shake of the shoulders! :)

hi,

A Daunting situation to be in, but do not worry as others say 'its only money' my debt was 20k to maybe 6 creditors:-)

I myself Contacted a Company called PAYPLAN ,

They will work out with you what you can reasonably afford, even if its only £50 /month contact all your creditors on your behalf, and make all arrangments

you will then just make one payment and they will distribute

the service is totally FREE

Be carful because some offer same service for a fee

Trust me you will be able to sleep at night!

Before you use a DMP, you really should check if the debts are legit and if there are any unfair charges etc to reclaim or contest. Thats because many DMP's dont do that, and just take the creditors word for it.

Before you use a DMP, you really should check if the debts are legit and if there are any unfair charges etc to reclaim or contest. Thats because many DMP's dont do that, and just take the creditors word for it.

Cannot agree more.

CCA request those Loans and Credit cards :)

.. I do feel a lot more optimistic now.

I wont let these people dictate that what is best for me is making them number one in my list of priorities..

...much to the detriment of my own and children's lives...

...sorry children, no dinner tonight but we can all be happy with the thought that we have met Vanquis' payments this month.

...it's crazy to think that I was actually putting the credit card company before my own children's needs..

It is indeed, but this is how these outfits operate, they make a play on words threatening and intimidating those who owe a bit of money,

it's called ''exploiting a debtors lack of knowledge'' and they know it & exploit it to the extent that some debtors put themselves six feet under.

I know it's old, but this link shows you exactly the how these firms operate,

The late Beryl Brazier RIP.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-484772/Grandmother-terrorised-death-bank-wrongly-hounded-16-000.html

NO-ONE should ever ever be afraid of these powerless parasites, they have NO LEGAL powers whatsoever!

If you can live with their harassment, which you document in a diary before reporting them to your local cop shop

for the criminal offence of harassment, then their attempts to threaten and intimidate you should be seen for what they really are,

a desperate attempt to earn a profit, because money is like oxygen to them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately not puddleboots ...the £1 payment is the statuary fee which makes it a legally binding request.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ah, ok, thanks Andy,

One of my creditors has already ignored my previous request for this and I have now recieved solicitors letter

saying they will take me to court for a ccj where they will request monthly payments of £50.

I dont think the court would do that as I cant afford that much but its frustrating that they have ignored my request.

I just wondered if I should ask the solicitors for the same information, thought email would show that I actually did send it.

I emailed them asking for more time (as stated in their letter) as I'm now unsure what to do, but they haven't got back yet.

Wondering if their plan is just to ignore me and go straight to court.

No need to chase it up...dont worry they have your request...hence their threat of Court action.Just retain copies of your request and proof of postage and ignore the rest...until/if you ever do receive a court claim.

Then we will advise you how to deal with that also.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread