Capquest - opos Debt 20+ Year Old

jockey0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello hope someone can help

I got a couple of debts which I can't remember the exact dates but must be before year 2000.

I heard off the companies at the time and moved about a quite a bit between 1998 to 2005.

I then moved back in with my parents until 2014 when I moved out into my own property moved again 2018 and then moved again October last year

5 weeks ago I got a letter from capquest saying they had taken over a past debt

yesterday received a letter from opos saying they are collecting a debt for capquest the price of the debt is reduced to such a price if I pay it now.

Now I have been on the electoral roll with phone contracts and credit in my name and signed up to clear score and Experian for at least 6-7 years maybe longer so I've not been hiding why suddenly write and chase me now.

I have googled and seen things relating to 6 years etc but do not fully understand it so thought I would ask here for help sorry if I have gone on a bit I thought a bit of background might help.

capquest and all of the debts they had on their books have recently changed groups from being part of the Arrows Group to now being part of the INtrum Group.

just like Hoist UK are now part of the Lowell Group.

when they do these buyouts, they write to everyone with an unsettled debt in the old portfolio and see if they can scam them into paying on a debt that is v=clearly not owed and never was, and that ofcourse is now well past the 6yrs statute barring date

sadly for the sake of a 2nd class stamp about 85% of joe public think these DCA's are BAILIFFS and they blindly cough up, making them £M's richer, its why DCA's get bought and sold between group companies.

send capquest our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just received a letter from opos this morning.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us in your letter received. Date

I have reviewed your letter and I have taken on board your concerns that were raised within the correspondence we received.

I can confirm I have closed the account here at Opos limited and returned this back to our client capquest. You will not receive any further correspondence from us here at Opos limited.

Apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you. If you have any further queries please direct them to the client.

So should that be it or am I likely to here off capquest.

you sent the SB letter to Opos?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I sent it to opos I was going to send it to capquest also but could not locate there letter saying they had taken the debt on.

I have found the capquest letter. Should I send the statue barred letter to them also ?

Hi i was just looking at the capquest letter thinking i will send them the letter also and there are no contact details for capquest on there  it says the account is at present managed with opos and will continue to do so until i am notified of a change.

sorry to be a pest with all the posts the capquest letter says.

as of 31st may your account ----- has been assigned from capquest investments ltd to intrum poplar designated activity company.

on this date all rights and obligations of capquest as oewner of the debt transferred to intrum.

at the same time intrum decided to appoint capquest as administrator going forward.

As I said capquest are part of intrum now , opos were already in that group .

Let them get on with it 

Dx

and they