Parking Charge Notice from Norfolk Parking Enforcement Ltd...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I accidentally parked in a disabled bay on 18/02/15, for around 14 minutes.

The bay was not clearly signed as disabled other than the floor paint, (no other signs etc).

I was watching a car trying to park in a bay directly behind where I was parking my car rather than concentrating on the floor paint so I didn't notice it.

I returned to my car to find a Parking Charge Notice stuck to the window, for £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days.

Had it have been for a lower amount I'd have happily paid a fee as I did park incorrectly but there is no way I want to pay either the £60 or the £100 fee.

I'm aware these are nonenforceable but wondered what I needed to do as this was attached to my car, rather than via the post.

Norfolk Parking Enforcement are an Approved BPA operator and use the POPLA appeals process,

but do I need to wait for the letter through the post or do I deal with it now?

await the notice to keeper

BTW: there is no such thing as disabled spaces etc etc on private land

any line/bay marking are purely graffiti with no standing in law

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As said, define a disabled space on private land. The planning application will say x number of disabled spaces for a given number of parking bays but there isnt a standard for the size and marking of a space or bay in any off street parking it is impossible to claim that the space was misued. What if disabled people park elsewhere and display their blue badge. Do they get a ticket for not using their designated space?

As said, define a disabled space on private land. The planning application will say x number of disabled spaces for a given number of parking bays but there isnt a standard for the size and marking of a space or bay in any off street parking it is impossible to claim that the space was misued. What if disabled people park elsewhere and display their blue badge. Do they get a ticket for not using their designated space?

Skegness! There is a car park there that states free parking for disabled people BUT only in the marked bays. Park elsewhere in the car park then you have to pay. How many spaces in a 500 space car park? 4

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Norfolk Council have designated Blue Badge parking in all of their car parks and on-street parking bays but they charge for each and every one of them (yes, I know that disabled doesnt mean in poverty). The daft thing is you can park on a yellow line with a BB and no offence commited. The phrase Normal for Norfolk does seem to apply.

Hi All,

Thanks for the info, I'm just waiting at the moment for the notice to keeper - I did read about not confirming the drivers details etc. I did do this for an overstay ages ago, but that was straight to letter, as it was ANPR cams on the entrance/exit in Norwich. Someone did come over and say the "officer" was sitting in a car and it took him only a few seconds to issue the notice. As I was walking away, he was walking towards me.... In reality he could have shouted and I'd have moved, there were other spaces that were empty - but they try their luck at generating an income.... I hope these guys are on commission only, because as people start refusing to pay - the companies would struggle for staff....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've just realised that its been exactly 30 days today since the Charge Notice was stuck to the windscreen.

How long do they have to issue the written charge notice to my postal address?

Cheers

Drew

Hi All,

I've just realised that its been exactly 30 days today since the Charge Notice was stuck to the windscreen.

How long do they have to issue the written charge notice to my postal address?

Cheers

Drew

They are still well within the time frame to contact you. As it is now over 28 days since the ticket was issued, they now have to apply to the DVLA for the registered keepers details at the cost of £2.50 (which they will never get back :lol: ) Only another 26 days to go for them to contact you and they won't turn any chance of a payday at your expense (which of course, they won't be getting)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 weeks later...
They are still well within the time frame to contact you. As it is now over 28 days since the ticket was issued, they now have to apply to the DVLA for the registered keepers details at the cost of £2.50 (which they will never get back :lol: ) Only another 26 days to go for them to contact you and they won't turn any chance of a payday at your expense (which of course, they won't be getting)

Hey,

I've now received a NTC asking for the drivers details.

The parking ticket was issued on 18/02/15 and the NTC was dated 07/04/15 which was 48 days between the ticket and the NTC however I didn't receive the ticket until day 50... Is it down to the 48 days (dated on their letter).

Whats my next step? :)

50 days. from the windscreen ticket to NTK is in time, just... So the next step is to appeal as the recorded keeper (not naming the driver).

Something along the lines of...

Dear Cretins

PCN Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

As Recorded of the vehicle registration XXXX XXX. I am not liable for this charge. Please cancel this PCN or send me a POPLA code. And as you took absolutely no one to county court in 2014, you might as well just cancel this charge and save yourselves the POPLA fee where we both know that you'll lose anyway.

Your call.

Signed

Recorded Keeper.

It really matters not what you write in this first appeal, 99.9% of the time they'll reject it anyway. It's the POPLA code that you really want. You then go to town on a full (proper) appeal to POPLA.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.