Overclockers UK - Company policy not to refund shipping costs on faulty goods?

Eversir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From my recent experiences with Overclockers UK, it would appear that they have a policy NOT to issue refunds on the outgoing shipping charges in the event they sell you a faulty item.

I purchased a new computer display on Friday 13th (should have known better!), which arrived the following day. This display was touted as being extremely accurate in colour expression, which is one of the reasons I opted for this model. It was only released a few weeks ago.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-211-SA

The display itself had terrible backlight bleed and it's colour accuracy, probably because of this, was awful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56098[/ATTACH]

I spoke to Overclockers on the Monday to arrange a return and full refund due to the fault. To their credit, they did arrange to collect the item the following day. I since picked up a much better screen at around half the price.

Yesterday I received an email from Overclockers informing me that I would be refunded in full, less my shipping charges of £20.70. When I rang to query this, I was told that the shipping component was a seperate service that had been supplied and it was not Overclocker's policy to refund such charges - even when the goods are faulty. (N.B. They agreed the backlight bleed was really bad).

There is nothing in Overclocker's T&C's that states this. Regardless the Sales of Goods Act states that a full refund should be given, including postage costs and any other losses that have been incured as a direct result of recieving faulty goods.

Had I simply changed my mind about the display (i.e. if it was not faulty), then I would have still been entitled to the basic cost of getting the item to me as per the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Overclockers' T&C's state something similar.

However, when presented with this information I was still refused a refund. Furthermore I was refused a conversation with the manager, even though the advisor himself had consulted with him/her only moments before. Again, something along the lines of "Company Policy".

Only after repeated insistence that Overclockers would be breaking the law should they not provide a refund, did the adviser apparently receive a "thumbs-up" from his manager to "authorise a refund in this instance". Great - but it would still appear the company stance is not to provide this automatically for other consumers!

Incidentally, the display itself is now listed at a £60.00 reduction for "this week only". Wonder why... :roll:

-----

Sadly, I did record the conversation using a new app on my phone but the record quality is terrible! If I can clean it up I'll try and post it on YouTube.

At least you bought a monitor the correct way, Online.

DSR regulations covered you for this and overclockers are breaching it with this no refund on delivery.

A quick email to trading standards over their delivery practice could be in order.

For change of mind they would be correct but for faulty items, full refund including postage.

Off my bookmarks now, Shame on you Overclockers.

George

Yeah it is a shame. First time with Overclockers and was planning to use them again for some other bits and pieces. Not so sure now. An email to TS might give them a kick up the backside over their returns policy, but won't hold my breath!

Also, and this could just be a coincidence:

1) It would appear they won't publish the review I submitted on the product although are happy to allow positive ones

2) They are now selling "B grade" versions of this display for £659.99.

I'm sure people can draw their own conclusions. Buyer beware etc. :roll:

Sadly thats OCUK for you now. They used to be one of the best in the country. Now theyre slipping right the way down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Send them a letter before action saying you will take further action, which will include all court costs, in 7 days unless the return postage is refunded.

Mind, don't say this if you wouldn't go to court over it, but they are treating their customers in a manner that breaches the regulations.

Trading Standards won't do anything, you can contact them but that will be the last you will hear.

Sorry, maybe should have highlighted it better in my OP! They did eventually refund me but initially refused.

It was only due to repeated insistence they were in breach of SOGA / Consumer Contact Regs. that they eventually relented, but they made out as if it was an exception to their usual policy (of not refunding outgoing postage charges).

Wanted to share the experience just in case other people run into similar issues too. What they are doing is wrong.

Well done, good on you. Glad to hear that they paid up.

I have Been rip off in the past many times. As i got older , i 've learnt to deal with the situation and not scare to complain . You have to have courage to stand up to companies who crosses the line. If you know they are wrong, fight for your rights. I tell you , i dont put up with Sh..t anymore.