Informing DWP of changes - when?

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Highly unlikely that they will be interested in what the DLA report said. However, should you fail the ESA assessment, the DWP will and do use the ESA report to review your DLA entitlement

Simply put, no you can't use evidence for one benefit with another, but the DWP can if it means a possibility of being able to reduce the amount they pay you.

Doomed I tell you we're all DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

The other view is that it is very unfortunate if that happens and that it hardly happens!

The quoted statement is very iffy as it suggests/implies that you claims will immediately be reviewed. Oh no they will not! It MAY be used at re-application/review in line with when they are normally triggered. Remember it's all just evidence. You win the game by having stronger more compelling evidence than the other guy. Simple really.

Applied for ESA and DLA at same time. Failed WCA with 0 points 4 weeks later was awarded LRM & MRC DLA based on claim form alone. Round 2 ESA failed ESA WCA 0 points, DLA review 5 months later award lowered to LRM & LRC reconsideration sent and it's back to LRM & MRC in under 8 weeks.

So which version of reality do you wish to believe?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The simple answer, to my mind, is yes. Of course. It is evidence of your disability or illnesses. I certainly intend to include details of my DLA award in the bumpf of evidence I'll be submitting to the DWP for ESA. It is true that the criteria of the benefits are different but all evidence that supports or highlights your illness and disability in any way helps form an overall picture for the DWP Decision Maker.

Any other evidence you can think of also has some merit. I have copies of a letter written by a consultant at Charing Cross Hospital. What I was seeing him for has absolutely nothing to do with my illness or ESA. However, he did note and comment on my physical state when writing to my GP. These side comments help to support my assertation of physical debilitation so it goes in the mix!

Being in receipt of DLA, HRM due to arterial disease/spinal/hips and MRC due to intense psychiatric illness, made absolutely no difference to my last ESA decision - 0 points - ATOS confirmed that there was a history of mental illness but it wasn't a relevant mental illness, plus, I had the ability to walk 200 metres with no problem.

I acted quickly and supplied evidence that disproved the statements made by the ATOS assessor as regards the descriptors only.

Once I proved what the assessor had said were not true I was uplifted into the Support Group for 3 years.

When I applied for an uplift last year of my DLA award, they considered the ESA report as well as the evidence I submitted.

If I had not bothered to appeal against the ESA decision or had lost the appeal, it would have had serious ramifications to my DLA review application!

Edited by hensteeth

Doomed I tell you we're all DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

The other view is that it is very unfortunate if that happens and that it hardly happens!

The quoted statement is very iffy as it suggests/implies that you claims will immediately be reviewed. Oh no they will not! It MAY be used at re-application/review in line with when they are normally triggered. Remember it's all just evidence. You win the game by having stronger more compelling evidence than the other guy. Simple really.

Applied for ESA and DLA at same time. Failed WCA with 0 points 4 weeks later was awarded LRM & MRC DLA based on claim form alone. Round 2 ESA failed ESA WCA 0 points, DLA review 5 months later award lowered to LRM & LRC reconsideration sent and it's back to LRM & MRC in under 8 weeks.

So which version of reality do you wish to believe?

Of course it is hit and miss if it does happen. But I have been around enough to hear of cases where the DLA award has been triggered for an early review because of the result of an ESA assessment.

I can fully understand and accept that it is done. If you are in receipt of DLA HRM because you have said, and it was proven, that 12 months earlier you had great difficulty in walking 10 metres never mind 25 metres, then the ESA assessment throws up that you have no difficulty in walking, of course it will start to ring alarm bells!!

• 3 months later...

:whoo:Well done, I am really really pleased for you:whoo:, how long have they given you?

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

:Nystagmite:

Pinocchio's recommendation for your next reassessment will be on the ESA85A which is available on request from your local benefit delivery centre. It's a recommendation, it's not set in stone.

:estellyn: thinks there should be an ESA85S personalised summary statement as well. (Although I haven't seen one with an ESA85A it's worth asking cos she could well be right.)

Sincerely, Margaret.

Crossed with :estellyn:!

Edited by **Margaret**

I have just been put into the support group with no medical.:!:

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on all of this. Very much appreciated.

Good news,how long have they placed you in the support group for !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

A bloody long time! Sent off ESA50 at the start of August and my letter is dated November 27th.

That;s really really good news,,shame they took so flipping long to tell you.

What do you mean a long time? I consider that to have been very much fast-tracked! :D

I am so happy for you m'dear. Seriously good news that has made my weekend. :cheer2:

Just finished completing the latest ESA50, Nystagmite. I think one benefit (if that's the right word!) of having wallowed on the assessment rate for so long is that I now have sufficient historical data to show my condition as it is now and the deterioration over the last four years. I've seen anecdotal reports that people at the same level as me are in the Support group so there is a little hope. That said, I'm still half expecting null points. From an NHS point of view, this has got to be one of the cheapest diseases available (it is the Tesco Value of illnesses) as there is very little treatment and no cure. So no consultants necessary, oxygen therapy doesn't work and surgery is not practical until you're knocking on death's door. But that does leave you floundering for evidence! So, fingers crossed ... :madgrin: