penalty for fraud by false representation

mccallum34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

under caution i offered to pay back all money to all parties

Is this the same" machinery" sold that is the subject of your thread arrest for fraud?

The magistrate may well refuse jurisdiction and send the case to crown court, given the amount concerned,

You need to get a solicitor asap.

I see you have a thread on Benefit Fraud as well.

This is not in my opinion a subject for an open forum.

Maximum Penalty 10 years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Looks like a single victim, not premeditated starts at 36 weeks of contemplation at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

However, please feel free to read yourself and differ from my reading of it. I think you will only go up from that.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/fraud_by_false_representation/

Brig is right. You need a solicitor.

I am disapointed that so many have tried in good faith to help OP when OP has not been truthful with us.

Time to spend our time and energy on others I think

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

responding to Reported post.. dealing.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I've thoroughly enjoyed mccallum's stories on various threads; machinery, cars, finance, benefit fraud, £20k, £23k. Enthralling. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Oh wait...

Confused not sure what you are suggesting

is that a problem, i thought you were here to help !!!!!!!!!

Ignore those who " gloat " Citizen B is dealing

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

mcallum, you have 3 threads, all to deal with fraud of one kind or another - if you want some advice, then please be specific.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Two totally separate events.

No 1 relates to the sale of item of plant machinery in 2012 which was on finance with BNP paribus, in July this year I was arrested over alleged fraud regarding this matter, and last week I was charged with one count of fraud relating knowingly selling an item whilst it was on finance. What should I do, if I plead guilty what is likely to happen, no previous.

In the meantime, in between the initial arrest, the police searched my house took away loads of computers , it would seem as it is fraud they automatically pass info on to all other authorities, and the local council picked up on it as last year I claimed housing benefit. The council have got all my statements from all my banks and during the ten months I claimed £250 a month for housing I had credited to my accounts £7000, in total, working out over an eight hour day five days a week just over £3.00 a hour, they claim I should have informed them. What is going to happen there?

It is clear to me that some here think your posts are not credible. I must admit while I posted my earlier reply to your thread that this could well be a wind up, but I gave you the benefit of doubt and posted a straight reply.

Citizen B, a moderator on this board has also given you the benefit of doubt.

Personally I would reflect on the perceived lack of credibility my posts have if I were in your position.

The time I give to the people on here is my own. I give it freely and not without some effort - especially on some threads. If you are having a laugh ay my expense, have some respect and do it elsewhere.

If not, specific questions and a bit of humility will get you a better reception.

• Haha 1

I would think that for the first such offence, a fine or suspended custodial sentence may be in order, seeing as the poster has promised to refund the money. However, when it comes to the second conviction (for a similar offence) a custodial sentence is highly likely, with, of course the first suspended sentence added on. When it comes to a third similar offence, you would undoubtedly be looking at near to the maximum if not actually the maximum. All in all I would expect 10 years with the suspended sentences to run concurrently. This is because of the nature of the offences, the poster has indicated a disregard for others and a blatant dishonesty. In effect, he has stolen two valuable items (a car and "machinery") Not to mention Public benefit money, which councils can ill-afford in this time of austerity. The promise of repayment will probably be seen as an attempt to curry favour and an attempt to gain leniency. I would venture that the whole thing would be heard in the Crown Court because of the likely sentence. He needs more than a good solicitor/barrister to keep him out of prison for a few years

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action