Northampton Claim by Lowell/Vanqius *** Claim Struck Out ***

rita777
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

08/JUL/2014

Date of issue 8 + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 27 + 14 days to submit defence = 10/08/14 (33 days in total)

= 27/07/14 and , 10/08/2014

Ok Thanks ..... Also as someone advised above , How do i request that the hearing to be moved to my local court please ?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no midnight 9th

claimform date is day one of a total of 33 by 33 you MUSt file your defence

the claim will automatically be transferred to your local court

once you AOS and tick defend all

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh ! ok Thanks

I would definitely submit long before then .

.. Also please sorry to be such a novice !!!

On the CPR 31.14 which I would be a sending to the Solicitor's address , .

.. where it states THEIR ADDRESS in the left hand side box,

am I to type the Solicitor's Address there or The Claimant's Address (Lowell ) ?

who is the sols?

carter or BW?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cca to lowelss

cpr to BW

don't not sign them

leave the £1 PO blank for the CCA

you don't need one with the CPR.

use 1st class with proof of posting its free

dx

and they

On the request list of the CPR 31.14 request ... line no. 4 ... "The termination of notice " ... .. should I leave this as it is? or delete ... as I can't see it on the Claim ?? please ? , and no.6 .. should I just put '' Any other related documents " ?

Thanks all

.. CCA and CPR requests , sent off today via royal mail trackable recorded delivery ..

Missed the 12.15pm post, but Guaranteed delivery by 1pm Tuesday 29/01/14 .

. Next is to start working on my Defence ..

. getting a bit excited now :violin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ..

. My defence deadline is 9th of August ,

so i believe i should submit by tomorrow Friday 08/08/14... .

. I have acknowledged and sent the CCA and CPR Requests to Lowell and BW legal but nothing from them yet ..

. Also is it alright to email my defence to the court ?

as i m still finding it difficult to log on to MCOL...

Could you please help with the Link of a defence template that i can work on please?

midnight sat

dx

and they

UPDATE !!! I received a letter from BW Legal today

... stating that they received my CPR request on the 1st August.

.. I Quote

" We have now referred your request to our client,

Our client may have to refer your request to your original creditor.

We will seek to ensure that the information you have requested is provided within 12 working days,

however this is contingent on receiving the documentation from the original creditor within aforementioned timescale. I

n the meantime we await the completed INCOME AND EXPENDITURE form.

if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact this office on xxxxxxxx "

Income and expenditure ???

I clearly stated in the request that I am defending this claim, even on the acknowledgement, ..

. I do not understand what they are playing at ..

. I would be submitting my Defence to the court by midight Saturday 9th Aug..

Should I just ignore their request of the I & E

or Am i required to write

or do something about it ??

Theyre doing their tricks again. They are a sol for hire. They dont care about whats right and wrong. They just want money. Youve likely been sent a standard form letter from them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

usual crap

you file the holding defence regardless by midnight sat

and they

I think they are referring to the N9a form Rita...admittance and offer (I&E)...bit presumptuous.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My defence for brian carter/lowell's /Vanquis 's submission is midnight tonight... I have tried checking through all posts as much as i can, but could only see the defence you kindly posted the template for another poster but his is a catalogue debt... and I would need the credit card defence template. Pls pls could you kindly post a template for me too? as i'm getting all sweaty and palpitating over this now..

Edit to suit in particular 1/2/3 to match the claimants particulars.

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted although I am unaware of any assignment between the claimant and MBNA or what the account number in question refers to.The claimants particulars are vague spurious and lacking any precise reason or nature of claim.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied I am not aware of any assignment as stated above or any requests for payments.I have never received statements or Notice of Sums in Arrears given that the claimants plead they are the legal owner of any alleged debt.

It is my understanding and pursuant to the CCA2006 amendments that the claimant is prevented form any enforcement during this lack of service.

4.Paragraph 3 is denied the Claimants have failed to plead the correct method of section 69 interest or any calculation at all.

5.Notwithstanding the above on receipt of the above claim a request for information pursuant to theconsumer credit Act (section 78) and CPR 31.14.The requests were made on 11th April 2014 by recorded delivery and signed for by the claimant on 14th April 2014. To date I have received no response or acknowledgement from the claimant’s solicitor.

The claimant is therefore in default of the statuary 12 days.

6.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7.On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer Credit Act 1974

It is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any alleged monies to Aktiv Kapital. The Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© evidence any nature of breach and show service of a Default Notice and Notice of sums in Arrears.

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

8.By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edit to suit and copy and paste into MCOL and print your receipt as proof of submission.

Best of luck

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

wow ! scratching my head for not spotting this earlier !

BC stated in their letter that they received my request on the 1st of Aug 2014,

i ve just tracked it now on post office web .. it was actually delivered on the 29th july 2014

.. meaning today is the 12 days deadline for them to supply the list on my request .

. one more point to go on my defence tonight !

phew !!! ... Law is a profession i never dreamt to be ! lol ... with my little bahbah squealing every now and then .. Still having difficulties logging onto MCOL.. i managed to submit my defence via email to the court with the same email address given to me by a court staff to submit my acknowledgement. defence submitted at 23.58pm and i received an auto confirmation response at 23.59pm ...

Thanks to everyone for your support so far ! Please find below my Defence ..

With reference to the Particulars of Claim

DEFENCE

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted although I am unaware of any legal assignment or notice of assignment.

3. Without clarification of the claimants claim, the defendant is extremely disadvantaged and the claimants claim appears to be without merit. The defendant asks to be allowed to submit a complete defence should the claimant provide copies of the original documents he will rely on.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied the Claimants have failed to plead the correct method of section 69 interest or any calculation at all.

5. It is my understanding and pursuant to the CCA2006 amendments that the claimant is prevented from any enforcement during this lack of service.

6. Notwithstanding the above, on receipt of the above claim a legal request for information pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act (section 78) and CPR 31.14 were sent to the Claimant and Solicitor both have failed to comply . The requests were made on 26th July 2014 by recorded delivery and signed for by the claimant on 29th July 2014. The claimant is therefore in default of the statutory 12 days and as such unable to request any relief until compliance.

7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any alleged monies, the claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach as requested by CPR 14/section 78 and the Claimant is put to strict proof to :

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© evidence any nature of breach and show service of a Default Notice and Notice of sums in Arrears.

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

9. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

10. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

11. For avoidance of doubt, the defendant is unable to plead effectively or at all to the particulars of claim. Without further clarification/disclosure

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this Defence of claim to be true

I think perhaps it might be worth a phone call first thing in the morning...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Here is the Paragraph 2

; '' The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with ''

I HAVE TRIED TO READ THROUGH MY DEFENCE TO SEE IF I COVERED THE ABOVE AND JUST OMITTED TYPING ''PARAGRAPH 2 '' .. or does it have to be verbaltim ?

Gosh ! what have i done !!! i actually sent it via email because i am stlll having difficulties logging onto MCOL , i spoke to a court staff who gave me the email when i wanted to submit my acknowledgement.. and because the acknowledgement was also due on a saturday.. she said it would be alright if received on the following monday .. Though i ensured i submitted on that saturday ...

Would it not be ok if i email the amended , submit before tomorrow monday , and call the court up first thing tomorrow morning to clarify ?