£60 invoice for 15 minutes, help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not sure what to do now, they refused to deal with me via email even though the pcn said I could email them so they rejected my appeal, I have now recieved a letter saying ' NOTICE TO KEEPER, DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER' what do I do now? do I write back and appeal again? This notice is very unclear as to what I should do? It says if I was not the driver and wish to challenge this pcn, then I have to write to them... I was the driver so what now? totally lost.....

Hi I did post last month when i first recieved this pcn, it said I could email them and so I did, but they then said they couldn't deal with it via email and I had to provide them with my postal address, I emailed them again with my evidence and asked why they hadn't answered my email and they wrote back saying because I had failed to provide them with a postal adress they had automatically rejected my appeal, I have now recieved a letter saying ' NOTICE TO KEEPER, DO NOT ignorelink3.gif THIS LETTER' what do I do now? do I write back and appeal again? This notice is very unclear as to what I should do? It says if I was not the driver and wish to challenge this pcn, then I have to write to them... I was the driver so what now? totally lost..... it also states under the heading Declaration of owner/driver that If I was not the owner of the vehicle stated herein etc etc Well where is the section saying If I was the driver and owner? that section doesn't exist?

What should I do as it says I have 28 days to now pay £100....

Hi, not sure what to do now, they refused to deal with me via email even though the pcn said I could email them so they rejected my appeal, I have now recieved a letter saying ' NOTICE TO KEEPER, DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER' what do I do now? do I write back and appeal again? This notice is very unclear as to what I should do? It says if I was not the driver and wish to challenge this pcn, then I have to write to them... I was the driver so what now? totally lost.....

They have obtained your details from the DVLA.

As this is addressed to you as the registered keeper, then you appeal as such.

I would simply state that as the registered keeper you are not liable for this charge.

No loss has occurred to the land owner.

Go into the details if you wish.

Demand the charge to be cancelled, or a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA be issued.

State that the appeal has been sent with proof of postage.

remind us of the date your vehicle was parked at the hotel and whether you got a ticket slapped on the windscreen or was it a CCTV type number plate capture. What was the date of your first letter from the parking co adn when did you get a rejection of your appeal.

All of these dates are critical as the parking co has to follow very strictly timetabled procedures and it is something they frequently get wrong.

If they are nit members of the BPA it may be difficult getting an appeal looked at properly but there again they have no rights to pursue you as the keeper of the vehicle either, only the driver could create a liability and thet is for them to prove.

So, post up a timeline of what you have from them.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so they sent me a letter saying NOTICE TO KEEPER DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER. I responded by writing back to them telling them that as I had already appealed via email that was all they would get from me and either accept or reject and send me a popla code. Well today i recieved their response, They state that they responded to my emails asking for my address as they cannot consider my appeal without it, as I had failed to give them my address the appeal was rejected and due to that failure, no popla code will be supplied, they also state that as my appeal is outside of the timescale my letter of appeal is not being considered and no popla code given?

So what do i do now? I responded the first time via email within 14 days as per the pnc which said i could appeal via email, I responded via post within 14 days of recieving their NOTICE TO KEEPER after they obtained my address from dvla..... so what now? i'm lost? help..... please.

Personally I'd ignore them, you've done your bit. Let them take you to court, they (PPC's in general) lose 99% of anything that goes near a court, though they'll swear black was white to have you believe otherwise.

They probably won't bother though, there are plenty of people out there that just roll over and pay up (unfortunately), so they'd much rather go after the easy money.

You could complain to the BPA I suppose, but as they are a bit of a toothless tiger, it's really not worth the effort.

The usual chain of events....

1. Notice to Keeper.

2. Notice to Keeper. Reminder.

3. Notice to Keeper. Final Demand or we pass this to our Debt Recovery robots.

4. Debt recovery letter. Pay up, we've added more fees but pay us anyway.

5. Debt recovery letter. Pay up, we've added even more fees because we've had to write to you again. (by this stage it will be about £150)

6. Debt recovery letter. We've recommended to our clients that they start legal proceedings.

7. A new company get in touch, saying that they've bought the debt and making you an offer to settle the account for between £75 and £99 depending on what sort of mood they're in.

8. They give up.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

You could write one more letter to NPE stating that as they are not allowing the registered keeper access to the Independent Appeals Service POPLA , then you consider the matter closed.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Or do as above.

Either way, expect some empty threats from debt collectors...

NPE don't do court.

Let them take you to court, they (PPC's in general) lose 99% of anything that goes near a court, though they'll swear black was white to have you believe otherwise.

They probably won't bother though, there are plenty of people out there that just roll over and pay up (unfortunately), so they'd much rather go after the easy money.

Sorry but this is bad advise.

The Op must write to appeal the ticket, once the appeal is automatically denied, the Op goes to POPLA who will cancel the ticket.

Others in the past have either got a CCJ needlessly or had an up coming Court case mentally distracting them.

Please read around the forums.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

The Op must write to appeal the ticket, once the appeal is automatically denied, the Op goes to POPLA who will cancel the ticket.

Others in the past have either got a CCJ needlessly or had an up coming Court case mentally distracting them.

Stigman

If you read the whole thread, the OP has appealed the invoice.

NPE do not like giving out POPLA codes...

Stigman

If you read abobe the appeal was made and has already ben denied on the basis of not giving his address and POPLA code refused as out of time

-----------------------------------------------------------

To OP. you now may find this scary but on the basis of POPLA code refused and appeal refused you now have two options

1) Pay up for a quiet but poorer life

2) Wait for court papers and stick it to the b******s

Now if you hold onto your nerve. its likely that all you will just get loads of demand letters for a while. Ignore.

If they are silly enough to want to take you to court then with a proper solid defense ( members here will help) you should easy win.

I personal would fight, but only you can make that choice

If you read the whole thread, the OP has appealed the invoice.

NPE do not like giving out POPLA codes...

Was replying & then implying that anyone in future reading this thread could read that list of bullet points & ignore a parking Company thus leaving them open for a future Court claim.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Was replying & then implying that anyone in future reading this thread could read that list of bullet points & ignore a parking Company thus leaving them open for a future Court claim.

Stigman

Well, that's as good a reason as any to read the whole thread then my friend. I'd not normally give that advice to anyone else, although I do it myself, but in the circumstances of having appealed (more than once) and had it rejected, and then the company refusing to issue a HOOPLA code, the OP has only two choices. Ignore it and see what happens, or pay up. And I'd never recommend the latter.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

the company have continually fialed to follow the protocols of the PoFA and the guidelines of their Trade Associations. they will get a real spanking if they went to court over this so you will probably be in line for a couple of threatograms from the likes of Debt Recovery Plus, the PPC's favourite debt collector. They are always worth a laugh and can be ignored.