style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dece,

you are obviously dealing with your situation with a degree of self confidence which is great.

I am lucky in as much as I am not too easily intimidated having survived much worse things in the past.

I answered the phone to DLC yesterday,

nice girl doing her job in a persistent manner,

I'm afraid I gave her rather an earbashing during which she told me what she was ringing for

,it had nothing to do with my husbands problem with the HSBC.

However as a DCA I don't think she should have told me who she was ringing for and why,

I almost felt guilty-almost.Keep doing what you are doing,live and look after yourself

Ro

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

OH got a follow up letter today re: the above,

having read through it it appears to be slightly ambiguous.

They have regret on the one hand that the complaint was made but on the other hand it would have been dealt with sooner had they been able to deal with the matter on the phone.

"Due to the difficulty we have experienced in contacting you

,and that your Cashflow statement may not provide all your income and expenditure details as required by the bank,

we have not been able to advise whether the offer is acceptable".

There is an assurance that it was no intention to delay help to customers in order to profit from them.

They are also returning charges taken after the receipt of the Cashflow (wrongly referred to by me as a DMP)

they also say they do not generally agree to suspend interest on accounts but do acknowledge the request,

the Cashflow offer has been referred to the appropriate department

,now I wonder who that could be?

It is quite a long letter for them but the bottom line is this is their last word on the subject,and the usual you can go to the FOS.

I will now have to wait and see if the SAR turns up and what the response is to the PPI claim just posted

.Anyone reading this in a similar position,

keep writing to the bank,

push them,

most of what my husband owes is money he never spent and did not borrow

so anything they offer back no matter how small is a step forward.

Hi all,

can anyone tell me what the difference is between an I&E and CashFlow? which in my earlier post I mistakenly referred to CashFlow as a DMP,sorry.I ask because it appears that the HSBC does not appear to accept CashFlow .

I'm going to answer my own question here ,(self help) the only difference appears to be that creditors prefer their own I&E which in this case they will not get.

From banks letter

"As financial statements,such as the CashFlow statement provided by yourself,do not always provide the full information required by the bank,it is necessary to obtain this as soon as possible."

They have taken 4 months to get this far,too busy washing their dirty money presumably.

Hi,

despite the court ruling I really would like to have a go at claiming back some charges particularly off the credit card awaiting PPI decision at the FOS,

I do not know what the position would be on the overdraft which is nearly all charges.

At present my husband has 60 days before his account is passed to Metropolitan,

interest and charges are suspended until then,

I would like to use the time to get a claim in.

Is there a best practice approach I could take here?

the court ruling only affected BANK ACCOUNTS charges [OD charges etc] everything else is fair game.

A CC charges claim is the same as a CC PPI claim.

if the OD is mostly charges

why not put in a hardship claim or a claim under BCOBS if they are since 2009 charges.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BCOBS then.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can confirm that HSBC are willing to accept your offers of repayment on all three accounts as indicated in your initial letter.

However as you have proposed a reduced payment arrangement which will be agreed over a 60 day period,your account will reach the end of the collections process and will be transferred to Metropolitan Collection Services in due course.

I love consistency

• 3 weeks later...

Not realy if its already done.

Just tell the they already have it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig,

thanks, I thought as much,he got another debt advice booklet as well lucky sod

Hi Ro, this constant duplication of forms is a B menace!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

it is this very mis communication of hsbc and its partners and such departments they have make life hell for some of us!

Word of advice? stay away from defaults and sort it out or you will get nailed like I did.. (see my thread) lol.

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

Hi Noddy,

thanks for the advice I'm not sure how you can avoid defaults though,they have accepted his repayment offer and they did give him 60 days to sort everything out so the default is a bit premature but there ya go they say one thing do another etc.I have read your thread but I'll re-read it now.Stay positive!

Ro

Term breached requiring you to make payments

Nature of breach failure to make payments as required under the agreement.

Action Required On or before 5 September you are required to take the following action to remedy this breach:to pay arrears of £1,025.40

No further enforcement action if he pays up by the 5th

If he doesn't then the further action set out below MAY be taken against you

Recovery of all moneys outstanding under the agreement

The 5th of Sept is the date the first payment will be going out on standing order to them under the agreed repayment offer

What is the date of the default Notice ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

On the back page says 15th August,not signed by anyone

Sadly the DN, as far as dates go, is ok. They have even allowed for sufficient time for the weekend and posting allowances :(

Is the amount of arrears they are claiming, genuine arrears or are there any penalty/default charges included in the total ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D