EE not everything everywhere. Why can't I get a signal box?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am three weeks into a contract with ee. They sold me based on good coverage at home, but the reality is I have to go to my back door or outside to get a signal. They say on postcode checker on 2g only coverage in a commercial building is variable. But they won't supply a signal box to my home saying that I don't qualify.

I written emails to executive, most of the directors, escalated it through the call centre and got no where.

Any ideas?

In store on the 9th may. It was a new contract and I was told could expect 3G/4G at my postcode. The reality is my house and street is in a coverage blackspot, I don't want to cancel I just want a measly signal box so I can the phone at home. But they are the only company who restrict them, for what reason I do not know.

Send them a letter by recorded delivery telling them of your problem and asking again for them to send you a box. If they respond, you should write again telling them you will purchase one and bill them for it or you will cancel the contract as not of satisfactory quality.

Buy one on ebay and send the bill to them. If they refuse to refund, send them a warning that your will take court action.

I have had my contract for 18 months now. When EE 4g first hit. I've noticed I've gone from full reception to 1 bar over the last 3-4 months. My partner is with orange and lives with me and has the same issue but on 3G. Yet they completely refuse to accept there is an issue.

Just tell me to go to a store and swap out our SIM cards as they both must be faulty !! Who would think huh.

Try a complaint to the CEO office bud.

Send them a letter by recorded delivery telling them of your problem and asking again for them to send you a box. If they respond, you should write again telling them you will purchase one and bill them for it or you will cancel the contract as not of satisfactory quality.

Buy one on ebay and send the bill to them. If they refuse to refund, send them a warning that your will take court action.

EE signal box is a femtocell.

If you buy one on ebay, you'd still need to get EE to provision it at their end - do you think they'll do this?

Probably not if they've declined you a signal box already.

I don't see how buying one on ebay will help.

I've emailed him twice and executive complaints but had nothing back. Grrr. Sent off a letter today.

Yes they would need to activate the box. I don't know why they are being so anti-helpful when there's clearly a problem. I think they've given too many away in the past and now they are on lockdown.

In that case it is time for you to take the initiative and send a letter by recorded delivery marked at the top of the letter in bold Official Complaint. they must respond to this and have set time in which to do so.

If the result of the complaint doesn't go in your favour, then tell them you are leaving and go somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Try one last time using recorded delivery, put copies of all the evidence you have in the letter and what the area calculator tells you.

Ask them again if you can have a box. Tell them that if you haven't received one by the end of June, you will be ending your contract with them as it is not as advertised nore fit for purpose and add that you be cancelling your dd at the end of the month. Also say you want a bill sent to you for the outstanding calls made only.

Didn't need to mate.

Executive complaints got in touch, offered a signal box and 3 months line rental. I hope that tech support jay is reading and I would just like to let him know he can do one. He categorically told me I wouldn't be getting a signal box, lol.

I was surprised the complaints team were so delayed in getting back to me.

Thanks guys.