shiply transport wont return my deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i recently bought a car off ebay which was 350 miles away

joined shiply transport to collect it for me,

after i accepted a price from one of there drivers

he said he would be able to collect

i paid my deposit of £44.00 through paypal ,

the driver let me down after 3 days of messing me around and

eventually said he hasnt got a job up that way,

i contacted shiply for a refund ,

after waiting 10 days they eventually said i am entitled to a credit as the driver let me down

but i dont want a credit as i would never use this company again

surely i must be entitled to a refund as it wasnt my fault the driver let me down,

thanks,

Garry

yes you are

how did you pay them?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how do you pay paypal

is there a card involved?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then you should see the transaction as a debit transaction on your bank statement

you can us chargeback.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/#axzz2lKiqY17K

and they

Hi

As Shiply do a refund as an account credit which vanishes after 6 months if you don't use it, I would consider that unfair practice and while it is not a lot of money, I would be sending them a letter before action and if they still refuse to refund, sue them.

Just because the terms and conditions say one thing does not make it fair. I would bet that once court papers drop on their desk, they cough up.

I would also be reporting this to Trading Standards as this is (I believe ) in breach of CPUTR

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2008/9780110811574/contents

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thank you i will ,i know its not a lot of money 44.00 but its so annoying after they let me down,i really dont think they should be allowed to get away with this,i cant believe a large company like shiply who i would imagine spend thousands on advertising would let £44.00 help to ruin there reputation

sadly there are lots of various complaints about them

esp in the parcel forum

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

well i wrote to shiply asking for ny deposit back as they were in breach of contract as advised by citizens advise bereau ,sent letter recorded on 23/12/2013 giving them 14 days to reply but they have ignored me ,what can i do next,any advice much appreciated,Garry

Hi

The only thing left for you now is to sue them through the County Court system.

I will alert the site team to see if anyone can assist.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Send then virtually the same letter only this time head it in bold 'Letter Before Action'. At the end you can add 'You have 14 days to respond favourably, failure to do so will result in a court claim being issued without further notice'.

Don't threaten court if you aren't prepared to go through with it though.

As wrong as it might be. You have to pick your fights. If you do decide to go down the court route it will cost you in excess of the £44 to start the claim. Even if you do win it is not a guarantee of getting your money.

As wrong as it might be. You have to pick your fights. If you do decide to go down the court route it will cost you in excess of the £44 to start the claim. Even if you do win it is not a guarantee of getting your money.

I disagree strongly. While it is the Op's decision whether to litigate or not, to stop this company from using this condition which is plainly in breach of the unfair terms regulation, action needs to be taken.

I suspect that once court papers hit Shiplys mat, they will want to avoid action and settle. Until such time someone takes them to task, they will continue to fleece customers.

You misunderstand me silverfox. What shiply have done is completely wrong. But shiply are simply an intermediary. I imagine somewhere hidden deep in their terms and conditions there will be information stating the contract is between the customer and the self employed agent who should of collected the car.

That means it will be the driver with his car & trailer who garry will need to make the claim against. Garry would more than likely win a court case but that is entirely different from getting paid. That is why I advise caution. He may end up further out of pocket and have all the stress that goes along with it.

• 2 weeks later...