Ebay Lost Sold Phone - Royal Mail Claim No Postage Receipt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sold a phone to someone on eBay in the month of November and sent it via the Post Office with a tracked service.

The buyer opened a case with eBay saying that the item never arrived and so was refunded.

The tracking information is still showing as “In Transit.” 

I made a claim online with Royal Mail,

I received an email today saying that the claim has been auto closed because I wasn’t able to provide the original postage receipt from the Post Office.

I do have proof that I purchased postage online from Royal Mail, which shows my name and address details etc.

Even though I don’t have the Post Office receipt, the tracking clearly shows that the item was handed to the Post Office and that it’s still showing as “In Transit.” 

Just wondering if I have a legal case against them and will be able to get compensation?

Any response will be appreciated. 

Regards. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Ebay Lost Sold Phone - Royal Mail Claim No Postage Receipt

what happened last year when you had the same issue with royal mail?

you just vanished.

dx

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That was with the courier company Evri, not Royal Mail.

I ended up making a Court Claim against them and was able to get most of my money back, after a long drawn out process.

This is a bit of a different issue though, as I do not have the postage receipt for this transaction, although I do have proof that I purchased postage online, and the tracking details do show that the item was indeed handed to the post office

- I’m just not in possession of the actual Post Office receipt.  

i have reopened that thread

please take the time to go and update it.

not very nice to use our advice and then not do so at the time.

at the end of that thread you state you had an issue with royal mail too and were advised to open a new thread, you didn't...so this royal mail issue is not that one? but a new one?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forget it honestly.

You actually didn’t give much advice but just told me to read a lot of articles on the platform - that is not an adequate service which is deserving of a donation or any detailed response to the outcome of a case.

You are meant to help people, but you just find fault and tell people to do everything for themselves and refuse to give any real support. 

3 hours ago, Mans1910 said:

Forget it honestly. You actually didn’t give much advice but just told me to read a lot of articles on the platform - that is not an adequate service which is deserving of a donation or any detailed response to the outcome of a case. You are meant to help people, but you just find fault and tell people to basically do everything for themselves and refuse to give any real support. 

I'm very sorry that you take this attitude. The level of our support will be exactly the same for this case against the Royal mail.

You come here for support – and we give you the support. The information you give us and our responses to you help other people who have difficulties as well.

We haven't asked you for a donation – we don't expect a donation – and most people don't bother to give one.

Please go and update the other thread. People will be very interested in we will learn more from your own experience

Please answer any questions we put to you here and yes, you will have to do a substantial amount of reading of the stories on this sub- forum. This is a self-help forum and you will grow stronger as a result.

Please help us to help you to help all the other people who visit.

3 hours ago, Mans1910 said:

You actually didn’t give much advice but just told me to read a lot of articles on the platform

You'll find in life that people aren't willing to help people who don't even bother to help themselves.

• Like 3

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

7 hours ago, Mans1910 said:

You are meant to help people

really, where is this stated.......??

we are are all non paid volunteers....

you help yourself and we'll support you.

you run away and ignore advice.....

it would be vastly unfair to those that HAVE documentary evidence we can see that they tried to help themselves -  to help you before them......

dx

and they