Goods Damaged in transit - label paid for by receiver (company)

Hello,

I sold shoes valued at 110GBP to Alias (sneaker platform).

They arrived at their verification centre damaged so failed verification. I received them back and the box has been badly damaged. However, I cannot tell if this was in transit or when it arrived to them. I contacted them and they deny liability saying it arrived damaged.

The label provided by alias was for UPS however when I contact UPS they say the contract is with alias so they can't help me. Alias won't tell me if they used insured labels.

I was initially planning to pursue Alias but they're authentication centre trades under a different company name. 

Please can you advise which of the following would be my best option:

-Suing Alias

-Suing the company they operate under at their authentication centre

- Suing UPS

My only question with the last one is how would I prove they were damaged by UPS?

Please move thread if it's in the wrong forum.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Do we understand that UPS was used to send the shoes to Alias – and used by Alias to return them to you?
And Alias made all the arrangements both ways.

Of course I suppose somebody might pop up and say that you sent them off in a damaged state. I'm sure that's not right but would you have an answer to that allegation?

Well I would like to say yes, I take photos of things before i send them. 

Only issue I can think of is if they claim that the photos show a different shoe and then I'm not sure what I'd say.

The thing with the company is hopefully clearer if i say this

The name of the company is GOAT (us sneaker app)

Their selling platform trades as alias (part of the goat group)

their UK parcels ship to the following address:

1661 INC

C/O UPS

ocean boulevard stanford le hope essex SS996GT

but the returns address on the label they sent the shoes back to me is :

1661 INC

13 Hayes Rd

Hounslow, Southall UB2 5ND

When you search both of those in companies house no company names as "Alias" or "Goatgroup" comes up. Their ship to address seems to be a UPS hub, whilst the return one is Allport cargo.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

So it seems that there is no UK address – is this correct?

If that is right – which seems very strange – then you are going to have to sue UPS

GOAT are part of 1661 INC, Another American company...

https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/1576186D:US

Talk about rabbit warrens!

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

ye thats who they’re owned by. So my target is UPS? 

Also if they defend on basis there is no proof the damage happened whilst in their care what would my response be because there's nothing to prove alias didnt damage it other than their email.

open

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just want to update this.

Got a default CCJ, currently waiting for it to be enforced.

Realised they have goods at the address so have asked DCBL to sieze and sell.

Will update once DCBL enforce

• Like 1