Evri Lost not as described £3k Laptop - returned via an amazon provided returns label.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am new to here

I returned a laptop I ordered from Amazon,

it's been over three weeks and the item hasn't been delivered yet.

The tracking only shows that the courier collected the item and there's been no update since.

I had paid for next day delivery and signed for it.

Despite contacting customer service multiple times, they're saying that laptop isn't covered and pointing me to a link where it apparently lists items excluded from compensation.

I'm shocked by this situation and unsure of my rights.

I never thought something like this could happen.

The laptop cost nearly 3k.  

Thanks for any help

Please stand by for a further reply tomorrow but in the meantime, please start doing lots of reading on the sub forum .

We have a huge amount of cases against EVRi. We always win but you will need to understand the route in order to be confident about what you are doing and the help we are giving you.

Please give us a bullet pointed chronology including date, value, did you get their insurance policy etc.

Once you have done your reading you will understand more about the information we need and the route forward.

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri Lost my Amazon £3k laptop return

did amazon send you the label to use or you chose evri yourself?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

9 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Please give us a bullet pointed chronology including date, value, did you get their insurance policy etc.

8 hours ago, dx100uk said:

did amazon send you the label to use or you chose evri yourself?

Still waiting for this information

I will be sending as soon as possible. It’s taking a while to prepare it that way. I sent it myself as amazon didn’t provide a prepaid label

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed - just type

Thank you. Please be aware that although you are new here, you should realise that we react pretty quickly and it is in your best interests to move things along and to keep them on the back foot.

There is a lot of money at stake here and so you need to keep it moving, react quickly – and keep them on the back foot.

You can be certain that this will definitely go to court claim. Make sure you do your reading

here is the story briefly.

I hope i included everything, Thanks for the help

I returned a laptop for refund to amazon on the 14th of July for next day delivery and signed for.

Paid around £7.00 for 5-10 Kg  package delivery. 

It’s been still saying  “We’ve collected your parcel” when I check the tracking status.

I couldn't buy the insurance as it was not gonna cover in case things go wrong anyway. Which i never thought anything would happen as it was securely packed and i know amazon normally use Evri for return. That's why i chose them.

i wrote the value of the item £999 and since it was a laptop there wasn't even insurance option for extra

Enquiry Created on the 16th of July

On the 18th of July they message: They are going to escalate this now with the courier's manager to investigate what is happening with your parcel.

On 22th of July after my follow up email they email with “ sorry for the delay in delivering parcel H********** to your customer.

I work in the local depot and I’m liaising with the team here to get the parcel on the move as quickly as possible.  As soon as it’s with the courier, they’ll notify your customer of the time window for delivery.

If you have not seen any further updates by day 10 please follow your claims process.“ 

• I sent them the invoice of the laptop, which is £2900 cost me and told them I am determined to reclaim my property.
  •  
  • on 1st of August, Last email I received is from them “ at the time of booking this return it would have advised you that this item is excluded from compensation as you can see the list of items via the following link 
  • https://www.evri.com/send/what-i-can-and-cannot-send. You can send these items with us but they will not be covered for compensation.

As a self-serve company, we do everything possible to encourage customers to check our list of non-compensation and prohibited           items and we try to make this easy and transparent so that customers understand from the outset what we can and can’t carry.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. “

Amazon doesn’t help when I contacted them about the issue.

What can i do now ? 

who told you YOU had to pay for the return and choose the courier?

were you within amazons return date? and used their link on the 'your ordered items' from their site wishing to return it?

why did you return it?

because you didn't want it or there was a fault with it?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was an amazon warehouse item and item wasn't as described so after talking to amazon customer service they sent me a return label (not prepaid) which i had to pay for postage as they instructed so thats what i did. 

Edited by dx100uk

right AFAIK that changes things as it was amazon that contracted you to evri.

IMHO amazon are your target....see what @BankFodder recommends.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri Lost not as described £3k Laptop - returned via an amazon provided returns label.
56 minutes ago, Mdoom said:

i know amazon normally use Evri for return. That's why i chose them.

just to clarify,

you chose amazon because they use evri?

or you chose evri from a list of couriers because you know amazon use them?

just need to be SURE here YOU did not chose evri, the amazon label using evri WAS sent by amazon?

and what date was the laptop first in your possession please?

and they

No, i chose evri, Amazon didn’t choose.

Evri was closer to me and more convenient so i took it to the store.

Amazon label was only to put it on top of the box as well as inside to package.

I think just to make it scanning easier upon receiving in the warehouse. 

Edited by dx100uk

This is going to be extremely complicated. There are some factors here Which make the outcome uncertain.

Please can you tell a more about the defect in the computer.

How long have you had it? Have you any evidence of the defect?

There were minor scratches on top of the item which was not mentioned especially on the description.

Only had it for 2 days.

I took a quick picture of it but it’s barely visible on the picture. 

So was this a new laptop or a second-hand laptop? Had you demonstrated the scratches to Amazon or did they simply take your word for it.

You say that the scratches are barely visible in the photograph. Please can you let us have sight of the photograph

Second hand, I explained them and they took my word for it. Just to make sure, is this Amazon’s responsibility or Evri ? Because amazon keep saying contact to the courier you sent with

I asked you for the picture

Also, presumably you didn't provide picture for Amazon

I don't know if it's necessary until I see it.

No doubt when you're ready – and then I will get around having a look and trying to give you more advice. I can't give you much more than that if you won't give us the information we need

just type..no need to hit quote everytime 

i revise my advice then, IMHO evri is your target then.

and no need to be a secret squirrel either

no one else has needed to do this here if you look at a few threads.

silly old wives tale it compromises anything even if they do read here.

dx

• I agree 1

and they

well it does not matter it was a return then, doesnt matter how long you had it etc, for whatever reason evri lost your property and until amazon refund you it remains so.

now as you chose evri, you created a contract with them, they can't escape that even by their silly its not covered policy.

100's of evri threads here to read then, i think your next move is send them a letter of claim giving 14 days to refund you in full inc postage or you will (and you MUST! - don't bluff) raise a court claim against them AND DONT FORGET TO CLAIM s.69 8% COURT INTEREST TOO!

but there is alot of reading to do and a POC to write first.

dx

and they

1 hour ago, Mdoom said:

Sorry about that probably you are right.. what should i do next ? I have no idea what to write them. 

So upload the picture.