returned £36 rings to Nevaeh via Evri/Parcel Shop - they've lost them - getting stonewalled

I returned a parcel to my retailer for an exchange of items I had purchased,

my parcel was sent through Evri which was collected from my parcel shop on the 15th February 2024,

I have been in contact with Evri through Resolver and I’m just going round in circles.

i was returning two rings from Nevaeh which I had bought for my daughter and needed them to be exchanged,

I have checked on my Evri app and there’s no more information on there from the 24th feb 2024,

the items were £36.00 and Evri has admitted that the parcel is lost

I just can’t seem to get anywhere with a refund,

every time I message them I get the same email back saying I need to contact the retailer for a refund, but I was the one sending the items back,

I have filled a claim form in and again the same email it’s like talking to robots.

I’m lost on what else to do

I did contact the retailer to see if they had received the parcel and they’ve said No.

Any advise on what to do now..

• dx100uk changed the title to returned £36 rings to Nevaeh via Evri/Parcel Shop - they've lost them - getting stonewalled

thread title updated and moved to the postal forum.

who chose to use evri and who paid for the postage?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what was delivered to you by evri? the rings when you got them?

so off you own back you returned the rings to Nevaeh without consultation with them?

TBH: £36 is a very small sum and probably not worth a court claim.

when did you get the rings?

for what reason did you not want them and return them? you say exchange, so they were not wanted but Nevaeh had other items they agree they would swap for if you returned the rings?

typically you might get £20 out of evri but you'd have to check that on their site for the value you quoted AND its default lost parcel compensation.

i will guess you didnt pay for any extra insurance, which you never should anyway?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes the order of the rings was delivered by Evri so that’s why I returned them back the same way.

I contacted Nevaeh first to say the rings were too small so they said I could return them for an exchange or refund, they gave me the address to return them,  I ordered them on the 15th Jan and they arrived just over 3 weeks later they were too small was swapping them for a bigger size.

i know £36 isn’t a lot but this has happened more than once and it’s the fact they were a birthday gift for my daughter, I’m just  frustrated at being fobbed off from Evri every time and no way in which to communicate with them.

i didn’t take out the extra insurance it wasn’t something i thought about when i was returning them, i expect the parcel to arrive to wherever it’s being returned to,

it’s the principle that someone somewhere has got my rings which I’ve paid for and I’m going to have to do it again, they’ve admitted they’ve lost the parcel why can’t they just refund whatever the compensation is and have done with it.

I'm not completely in agreement with my site team colleague above. 36 quid is money that you have lost – and I suppose they were probably stolen by somebody during the delivery process – so that it is 36 quid which they have in their pockets.

Even if it was simply an accidental loss, EVRi take money from you in order to deliver your items safely and they haven't done so.

Also, you say that this is happened more than once.

Why don't you list out here what has disappeared. Was it all with EVRi?
Listed out in tabular form

Item – value – date sent – delivery service

We will help you claim for everything.

• I agree 1

It might only be £36 to you but at the end of the day it shouldn’t matter how much it is, I’ve paid for that parcel to be returned to the retailer, why should I lose out because they haven’t done their job, I have never known a company where there is no actual person to speak to nearly 2 months I’ve been trying to get someone to understand that I was sending the parcel back and that’s why I  don’t need to contact the retailer for a refund .

id have to look back to when it last happened but I’m sure it was lost by Evri when the retailer was sending it to me so I got a refund from them.

i thought it would be straight forward claiming £36 as it’s a small amount but no one from Evri is listening, I keep getting the same email to contact supplier, I have sent all correspondence between myself, Evri and the retailer to Evri with a claim form and it’s like I’m dealing with a robot, I am a 1000% sure I will never use Evri again.

i just wanted to claim the money back from them the rings were for my daughters birthday and just feel so let down by this courier service, they don’t deserve peoples custom but they certainly won’t get mine again.

We have said that we will help you claim for everything and we have ask you some questions.

But you haven't addressed any of the questions but simply told us about the principle involved and the difficulties you are having with EVRi.

We know all that.

If you'd like some help them please answer the questions and also can you engage with this thread a little bit more closely. Although it isn't much money, we will help you as enthusiastically as we would as if it was a much larger sum but you need to make us feel that our effort is worthwhile by reacting as quickly as we do by answering our questions.

Posted (edited)

My apologies I’ve been going round in circles so long.

Retailer.                          Value.              Items.               Purchase  Date.         Delivery service 

Nevaeh jewellery           £36.00.            2 rings.           13/01/2024.                 Evri

Return Date.                                      Return service.                Tracking No.

22/01/2024 via parcel shop.          Evri                                   xxxxx

i think this is everything unless you need documentation, it was all done through Evri

Edited by lolerz
Tracking Number Removed

I've removed the tracking number from your post as it can be used to directly link back to you.

I'd refrain from posting the full tracking number in future.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Okay thanks.

You did say that there was a number of things stolen/disappeared and I expect that you are going to make a list of all of them.

Anyway, let's get going on this one.

You need to begin by doing a lot of reading of the stories on this sub- forum. We have got an example of pretty well every kind of lost/damaged parcel here so you will learn a lot.

It's fairly straightforward but you need to be confident and in control and this means you need to understand to a certain extent what you are doing.

We will help you draft letters and draft court claims. Once you have done it once you find it much easier to do for the other items which have gone missing.

Please start off by spending the weekend reading up on the loss parcel cases on this sub- forum. Don't necessary look around for something which is identical to your case. You are trying to understand the principles.

On Monday please come back and post a draft letter of claim. We will help to correct it and then you will send it off. 15 days later you will start court action.

Do lots of reading. You will find it very interesting and you feel empowered when eventually you get your money back.

Don't  expect it to be quick. Even with a small amount like this, EVRi would do everything they can to obstruct you and to frustrate you even though you have a legitimate claim.

3 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Don't  expect it to be quick. Even with a small amount like this, EVRi would do everything they can to obstruct you and to frustrate you even though you have a legitimate claim.

I was thinking this claim might go something like this one because of the value 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service