New DLA award confusing.

swinginapig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, My Sister has just received her DLA renewal award, it has remained the same High Care and High Mobility, what is confusing me it states she will receive this for the rest of her life, I thought everyone has to claim PIP from April of this year??? any suggestions..

I might be wrong, but I thought it was new claimants from April. Also, I'm presuming, it was a standard letter and PIP will pop up at some point in the distant future.

Yeah she phoned Blackpool and they told her that eventually she will have to change over to PIP, they also said no other claim forms will be needed to be filled in as she has been awarded for life. When the time comes, apparently according to Blackpool all Indefinate and Life claimants will need to do is have a Doctor visit them at home if they wish, otherwise centres are being set up all over the country for claimants to visit for an assessment without the need to fill in any forms.

But a large number of them will be run by ATOS so of course it will all be entirely fair and unbiased.

And from experience getting an ATOS doctor to visit you at home is next to impossible, but we can always hope.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Yeah she phoned Blackpool and they told her that eventually she will have to change over to PIP, they also said no other claim forms will be needed to be filled in as she has been awarded for life. When the time comes, apparently according to Blackpool all Indefinite and Life claimants will need to do is have a Doctor visit them at home if they wish, otherwise centres are being set up all over the country for claimants to visit for an assessment without the need to fill in any forms.
It all depends on how old your sister is as well ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/simplifying-the-welfare-system-and-making-sure-work-pays/supporting-pages/introducing-personal-independence-payment

PIP started to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people aged 16 to 64 from 8 April 2013.

From 2015 Every one on DLA between ages 16-64 will be wrote to informing them there DLA will stop at a certain date and will be invited to claim PIP,including indefinite awards

Once this has been done,Everyone on PIP Will be subjected to regular reviews/medicals and there will be no such thing as indefinite awards any more !

https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker/y

Edited by me .... Extra URL added....17:07 ... 25/09/20131aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Edited by 45002
Extra URL added....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It all depends on how old your sister is as well ?

PIP started to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people aged 16 to 64 from 8 April 2013.

From 2015 Every one on DLA between ages 16-64 will be wrote to informing them there DLA will stop at a certain date and will be invited to claim PIP,including indefinite awards

Once this has been done,Everyone on PIP Will be subjected to regular reviews/medicals and there will be no such thing as indefinite awards any more !

https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker/y1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

She is 51, Blackpool told her anyone on a Life or Indefinate award at the moment would be invited to claim PIP by the end of 2016 with no need to fill in anymore forms, as they have already got the information they require, hence why Life or Indefinate has been awarded in the first place. We will just have to wait and see if it pans out that way.