style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help me before I get myself into trouble?

I have a young colleague (21) that keeps snitching on me to our boss. I am finding this very irritating and would like to put in a complaint against her.

For instance I recently called in sick due to a stomache upset that I had been sent home from work for. That morning I drove my son to school and she passed me in her car but did not acknowledge that she had seen me. By the time I got back home I had received a text from my boss requesting to know why I had called in sick if I could drive my son to school as this person had informed her.

Then today our CEO sent an email informing the company that we had taken over another company and that it would manly affect our department. I addressed the email and then was told by every person in my department that they already knew is some shape or form, i then stated that I felt leftout and thought that I should have been informed if everyone else knew. Within half an hour of the tell tale colleague leaving my boss who was out of the office called me to say that she had received a call from the grass and why was I voicing my opinon about the take over and getting my knickers in a twist. I explain that the others had informed me that they all knew and that i simply said that I felt left out.

Why did she feel the need to call my boss and am I right to want to put in a complaint because I feel that this may be happening more than I am aware of?

I suggest you don't concern yourself with them. Be whiter than white and don't give them any ammo on you and there will be nothing to report and they will move on to grassing on someone else instead of you. They are young and don't obviously know how to conduct themselves in a work environment which is evident and will only come nack to bite them.

On a side note is there an external relationship they have with your boss? Like her dad is best mates with him or family relationship? Seems strange to be so young and then acting like this early on.

Oh the boss will get sick of it soon too, so stay calm and be whiter than white

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies.

Firstly Winston73 yes I did explain to my boss that I was only taking my son to school as I could not get him dropped off that morning and taxi company wanted £9.50.

Secondly Transient in answer to the question is there an external relationship the answer is No. My boss has taken this young peron under her wing since they joined the company as an apprentice three years ago and is now mentoring her through a high level qualification.

Honeybee, I think the outcome I would like is to know on what grounds could I legally put in a complaint against this colleague. I used to boil it down to the fact that she was young and naive but this has gone on for far too long now and if it is not addressed correctly I will be the one without a leg to stand on if I react

Looks to me like she isn't actually lying? So can't come up with a law for you!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I wonder if a complaint is the right way to go?

We see on the forum that filing a grievance can make the person filing it unpopular and if your boss is close to this colleague, they may just side with her anyway. :(

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Honeybee + Emmzziie, I didn't say she was lying. I am simply furious that she feels that she can keep doing this and getting away with it. Also I don't want to be reprimanded if I say something to the person, therefore I would like to follow correct procedures.

You could put a grievance for harassment into HR. but as emmzii said, technically she hasnt done anything wrong. It may be frustrating but look at it from a third party view. Yes, she is talking about you but she is only saying what she saw. She isnt lying. It is the manager that is asking questions.

The best way to deal with it now is to keep your head down and cover your own back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She isn't getting away with anything except being mildly irritating.

Don't do or say anything wrong and you'll have no issue, surely?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your advice given. I didn't put in a grievance against my colleague as you advised against this. I simply spoke with my boss about the accusations that she had made against me. It turns out that my colleague had actually told one or two porky pies causing my boss to become angry. My boss informed me that once she had spoken with me on the telephone she realised that foul play had been brought into what was actually said. She assured me that this will be dealt with upon my colleagues return to work and that as a honest, loyal and reliable member of her team the last thing she wanted was for me to feel upset.

Thank you once again everyone Im glade that I cooled down and listened to you all. :-)

One bit of advice i would give, keep your head down and dont do what others would do and antagonise her when she comes back. If she tries to "have a go" at you, be the bigger person and ignore. If she goes as far as lying to other people/management about you, THEN, and only then put in a complaint.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

This is a difficult one.

Maybe someone else could have a 'quiet' word with her and explain the way of the world?

My gut feeling is she is an a**e licker and preperd to tread on anyone to get to the top.

Edited by honeybee13

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

Not really difficult since its already been answered and indeed sorted.

Haha, if this occurs again a possible strategy is suggest mediation through your boss, making you look like the person trying to resolve the issue.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.