work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just got a letter through door from Ingeus I have wrote below what it said.

This letter contains important information about your participation on the Work Programme.

As you have been a participant on the Work Programme for almost the maximum two years, you will now be referred back to your local job centre plus shortly to continue receiving support.

We have produced a Work programme Exit report as required by the DWP which outlines your progress over the past two years.

This report has been sent to your local jobcentre plus office.

If you require a copy of the report for your reference please contact your local office or call us on the above number.

Now I thought I had to be there when they wrote the exit report as I thought us guys/gals who have been on the WP had to say what we thought about the whole thing, am I wrong.....and yes I will be asking for a copy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a letter through door from Ingeus I have wrote below what it said.

This letter contains important information about your participation on the Work Programme.

As you have been a participant on the Work Programme for almost the maximum two years, you will now be referred back to your local job centre plus shortly to continue receiving support.

We have produced a Work programme Exit report as required by the DWP which outlines your progress over the past two years.

This report has been sent to your local jobcentre plus office.

If you require a copy of the report for your reference please contact your local office or call us on the above number.

Now I thought I had to be there when they wrote the exit report as I thought us guys/gals who have been on the WP had to say what we thought about the whole thing, am I wrong.....and yes I will be asking for a copy.

There is no space on the standard form for the customer's opinion of the provider/WP to be recorded. If the pimp is asking for this then it is for their own purposes (perhaps to make you feel that your opinion counts and will be passed to DWP). The standard form is all about the pimp's opinion of you, what "activity" they have made you do, your attitude and what they think the JCP should do with (or "to") you next.

See the form here:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-memo-106.pdf

I'd recommend everyone read this lot and have copies with them at their initial interview - even if just to warn the JC advisor that we know what they know.

A word of warning: You will be required to sign a new Jobseekers Agreement that will impose a lot more conditions on you in terms of searches, applications, and UJ. You will be expected to be available to start work immediately and do any type of work.

If you are reliant on public transport (being unemployed for the last three years, you can't afford a car :wink:) and the buses only run Mon-Fri 06:30-22:30, it makes sense to state that you are available between 09:00-20:00 weekdays. Also state that you can start work if given 48Hr notice (time to bathe, wash clothes, arrange alternative child/pet care).

Be careful what you say at this JCP interview and don't be pressured in to signing anything odious or answer any leading questions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

How recent is recent work experience? Some online say that they have left work and still expected to do slave labour

Rather than define "Work Experience" consider that all experience contributes to "Professional Experience" - hence, if as part of an interview, you have to give a Presentation, for which some research is required, then even if this is relevant to your job goals, such experience qualifies as "recent".

Dont fall into the trap of assuming that the only relevant experience is "Employment Derived Experience".

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

Rather than define "Work Experience" consider that all experience contributes to "Professional Experience" - hence, if as part of an interview, you have to give a Presentation, for which some research is required, then even if this is relevant to your job goals, such experience qualifies as "recent".

Dont fall into the trap of assuming that the only relevant experience is "Employment Derived Experience".

Too many traps are on these stupid schemes it seems

Gosh this work programe doesn't sound too great! My brother is due to start it, he was on IB for years, until they put him on JSA earlier in the year. But he's now busting to get a job & is quite excited about this work programe! He reckons they help fill in the gaps in cv's when been unemployed for a long time?

I hope they don't mess him about or he'll go right back down again....

1. Why not let them see your job search?

2. What is wrong with giving them a copy of your CV?

I've done both these things. I recently opened up my UJM to them because of this sanction, to provide evidence I was looking for work. Where is the harm in that?

I don't know, that's why I posted it, in the hope members would provide opinions and reasoning.

FUMING!!!

The offer of the job on Friday has now been withdrawn. The Area Manager rang me 10 minutes ago, he said he was very sorry but he interviewed someone else who had House of Fraser experience! To say I'm gobsmacked is an understatement.

FUMING!!!

The offer of the job on Friday has now been withdrawn. The Area Manager rang me 10 minutes ago, he said he was very sorry but he interviewed someone else who had House of Fraser experience! To say I'm gobsmacked is an understatement.

Sorry to learn of your experience.... however, if the rationale is to be believed, the personnel clerk and interview panel would know from the outset whether candidates possessed House of Fraser experience, and clearly would have only shortlisted candidates through all stages of the application process according to such criteria.

Of course, it is possible that there was a cock up in the organisation, with the vacancy having been advertised, and candidates interviewed, and only for it to be discovered later that the vacancy had never been authorised.

Rebecca I was interviewed by the National Manager of the concessions. He was all apologetic etc, stating I won't be on the job market -all lip service. I think he got carried away and had a rethink. He did say I was over qualified, but he already saw that on Friday. I only want a part time job so I can launch my own company and have a reliable source of income whilst it's in it's early days. Didn't tell him that. Desperate not to go back to the JCP for more punishment!

Rebecca I was interviewed by the National Manager of the concessions. He was all apologetic etc, stating I won't be on the job market -all lip service. I think he got carried away and had a rethink. He did say I was over qualified, but he already saw that on Friday. I only want a part time job so I can launch my own company and have a reliable source of income whilst it's in it's early days. Didn't tell him that. Desperate not to go back to the JCP for more punishment!

You continue to do all that you can.... least of all to keep JCP off your back.

It's just so disheartening. I had three interviews with Debs as a Store Trainer and at the end they had no job to officer me due their budget being cut. That was in March. The way the JCP look at it, it will be my fault!

You may well be right Lily. But don't fall into the trap of accepting their judgement. You have done all you can. It most definitely isn't your fault that there are not enough jobs to go round.

Feel good about yourself.

There is no space on the standard form for the customer's opinion of the provider/WP to be recorded. If the pimp is asking for this then it is for their own purposes (perhaps to make you feel that your opinion counts and will be passed to DWP). The standard form is all about the pimp's opinion of you, what "activity" they have made you do, your attitude and what they think the JCP should do with (or "to") you next.

See the form here:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-memo-106.pdf

Hiya thanks for reply,

I was wondering who fills out the exit report? is it some top pimp who I have never met and who knows nothing about who I am or one of my 8 advisors the last of whom I had for a whole week before I finished WP and spent all of 15mins with him...makes you wonder what they can say about a person who lets face it they never really try to get to know in the first place.

You may well be right Lily. But don't fall into the trap of accepting their judgement. You have done all you can. It most definitely isn't your fault that there are not enough jobs to go round.

Feel good about yourself.

Thanks Balatcha,

I only want a blinking 16 hours job so I can start my business up and then I will be working all the hours God sends to make the business a success. I come form a very high pressure career environment we had to achieve targets and cover large geographical areas. Granted on paper I am sure they wonder why as the chap who retracted my job offer asked why apply. Easy Parents are 80 and 86 one with dementia and they cannot look after my son whilst I work 4 nights/5 days away from my home county.

One thing to look forward from JCP after the two year stint on WP is.......

The Mandatory Intervention Regime

MIR will provide JSA claimants ( note that customer has been omitted) with a more intensive period of flexible and personalised advisor based support. Which is JCP slang for 'give 'em what for'.

Read it (Learning for WSD frontline staff) and weep.

HERE https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/exit_reports_hit_squads_and_the#incoming-403920

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

my interview/interrogation is in less than 2 or 3 hours time.:!:

I was up all night with a bad stomach (a side effect of the 6x medication I take). as I gave up at 4am and got up, I am now well enough to go for the interview, and am going to play dumb :|, and see what happens.

Bearing in mind DWP staff may read this stuff, and try to identify their posters, I intend to fully comply with the interviewee, and am taking proof of my weekly 25 hours job search regime.:mad2:

Thanks Balatcha,

I only want a blinking 16 hours job so I can start my business up and then I will be working all the hours God sends to make the business a success. I come form a very high pressure career environment we had to achieve targets and cover large geographical areas. Granted on paper I am sure they wonder why as the chap who retracted my job offer asked why apply. Easy Parents are 80 and 86 one with dementia and they cannot look after my son whilst I work 4 nights/5 days away from my home county.

Sorry LongHairedLily, don't know your story but if you're looking to go self-employed, have you hooked up with Blue Orchid yet? Once approved, you're eligible for New Enterprise Allowance and application for £1,000 start up grant.

If you know all of this already - my apologies.

Imp :-)

Sorry LongHairedLily, don't know your story but if you're looking to go self-employed, have you hooked up with Blue Orchid yet? Once approved, you're eligible for New Enterprise Allowance and application for £1,000 start up grant.

If you know all of this already - my apologies.

Imp :-)

Hi Imp

Thanks for the information I wasn't aware of the the Blue Orchid... I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit round the head, must be clenching my jaw with stress again. I toted up how many jobs I've applied for since my last signing last week -34 and at this rate it'll be 60+ before I go back for my two weekley grilling. It's odd but my advisor drags my appointment out to 15 minutes as I am the last one he sees, not sure why he plays the bully boy. I am a nice person and some of the ones he sees well...

Enrolling on two seperate courses would certainly count as "two additional steps towards getting a job", whether the JCP adviser accepts them might be dependant on the mood he/she is in and what it says on your JSAg. Just be careful about how many hours you record for study each week - Over a certain threshold, they may decide you are not spending enough time on the jobsearch.

I used to do some programming for a voluntary group, spending most of my free time on it. Let slip one day at the JCP, and then spent several months filling in their forms - Eventually cut the "recorded" hours spent on the project down to a nominal hour per week and reached an agreement that further form filling was a waste of time for all concerned.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Enrolling on two seperate courses would certainly count as "two additional steps towards getting a job", whether the JCP adviser accepts them might be dependant on the mood he/she is in and what it says on your JSAg. Just be careful about how many hours you record for study each week - Over a certain threshold, they may decide you are not spending enough time on the jobsearch.

I used to do some programming for a voluntary group, spending most of my free time on it. Let slip one day at the JCP, and then spent several months filling in their forms - Eventually cut the "recorded" hours spent on the project down to a nominal hour per week and reached an agreement that further form filling was a waste of time for all concerned.

Hi Mr P

As for my advisor he's go that attitude. My previous advisor is/was lovely, wish I had him. Wonder who I'll get post WP-hope it's not him! He seems to go over my job search with a fine tooth come. Wouldn't mind I'm not faking my searches! I want a blinking job!