Buchanan Clark & Wells Verification Letter

katypie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here it goes I got this today as well as sending them a letter by recorded delivery - the only thing I dont get is first they say the complaint has been refuted then say they wont contact me again (surely this is a contradiction?) hopefully this is the last of them PS my credit file shows no mention of previous addresses could they have found "me" by name or DOB?

Thanks

Final Response

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

I write with regard to your contact of January 30, 2013, issued in relation to the aforementioned account.

I can confirm we have undertaken an investigation into the issues raised in the above referenced correspondence and have concluded that your complaint has been refuted. The reasons for this are detailed below.

I must firstly advise that the actions of BCW Group will have had no adverse effect on your property address or credit rating as you are not the named account holder.

BCW Group acts in good faith on the information and instructions issued to us by our clients. We are passed this information on the basis that the information provided is true and correct at the time of issue. In this instance, we were passed a file in the name of Mr. XXXX XXXXX with instructions to obtain his current whereabouts and correspond accordingly.

Your above noted contact with this office was the first we have received in this regard and was therefore the first that we were aware that we held an incorrect address on our file. We could not have sought to update our system file sooner. We do not consider that our actions in this regard are therefore contrary to the OFT Guidance quoted.

Your address of XXXXXX, was linked to Mr. XXXXX by a Credit Reference Agency called Experian. Due to a prevailing link between your address and Mr. XXXXX, anyone conducting a similar search will get a similar result. You may wish to contact them directly to advise them of this

When you have a situation where a creditor supplies information to a DCA eg to BCW the data provided is minimal and the DCA must rely on, it is of course the same for the DCA supplying data to a CRA then linked address details may be created, basically the OC is to blame (if there is blame).

This has been resolved properly and reasonably imo.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Agree with Brig that BCW have resolved this as far as they can.

However the OP may wish to contact Experian to see how they are being linked, hopefully to avoid another DCA contacting them in error again. Sometimes these errors can drag on for years, so may be best to resolve if you can.

If you do contact Experian, send them a copy of BCW letter highlighting this.

Your address of XXXXXX, was linked to Mr. XXXXX by a Credit Reference Agency called Experian. Due to a prevailing link between your address and Mr. XXXXX, anyone conducting a similar search will get a similar result. You may wish to contact them directly to advise them of this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

If you are unaware of any reason for the contact ignore until they state what they are chasing!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

OK what are they after, has the account been defaulted if so when, when was the last payment made?

• 2 months later...
Also, if they send private details, or full details of the debt without actually confirming you are there ( theyve only sent a verification letter so far), you could pull them up on a Data protection breach :)

hi brig

you seem to know your stuff.. I have had a final notice from bcw group for an eon debt I do owe but they have sent details of the debt without first confirming they are contacting the correct person.. is this a breech of anything? I moved house 2 months ago and the debt is for the previous property.. I have been sent another letter which ignored and had texts and calls talk of which I ignored. now they have said they will not hesitate to consider commening legal proceedings.. their spelling mistake not mine lol.. I look forward to hearing your views on the above..

best regards

slippy

Hi Slippy,

Did Eon state that they had passed the account to a 3rd party?

If not Inform BCW in writing that you are unaware of any account being in their hands.

they wrongly refunded me £350 and then billed me for £800 the following month so I changed suppliers. I have also moved house so eon or bcw have confirmation of my new address. if I send them a letter I am confirming it is me which I am reluctant to do..

thanks in advance for your advice

Don't do their dirty work for them, THEY need to be 100% certain that you're the person they're asking for, not your job to tell them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Furious today My son has received a text message with my name on it from BCW.He rang them but they refused at first to say where they'd got it from.My son hasn't any debts.I have so they have breached the data protection act.He's asking me why did I give his phone no out?I don't even know it.I rang them but I'm going to complain as they have took on the account from ACTIVE CAPITAL and they gave them the data...surely this spying and who gave them my son's phone no.

Have you got your own thread on this Joyce? Can you link us to it?

As for where they get their spurious inaccurate data from is anyone's guess hence why they have blood on their hands for this exact reason.

As for contacting them, don't.!

Lodge a formal complaint with the OFT and the ICO, if your son receives anymore unsolicited text messages from pinky & perky, all he has to do is forward the spam message to 7726 (SPAM) let them deal with it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

when your son took a contract out for his phone the phone co will have done a credit search. The information regarding address has now been linked to you-unlawfully- so thhe DCA has started to harass your son because they ahve been to lazy to check their facts. they will claim an administrative error but it serves their purpose, they are getting to you in an embarrassing manner and they think that helps them, same as phoning people's bosses up at work etc. All unlawful.

• 2 months later...

hello i have the same letter as this today but with my name and my bf name and my previous address really worried

I have received a Verification Letter from Buchanan Clark & Wells today-

"We are trying to contact katypie with regards to a private matter We have confirmed your address through a credit link obtained via a credit reference agency as being the same person who lived at the original address above.

Please contact us on 0844 BLAH quoting the above reference number and one of our operators will be available to take any relevant detals to resolve the matter.

If you believe that you are not our customer, please contact us as soon as possible to enable us to amend our records and remove your address from our system file."

Doesn't say what it is about. Would I be right in thinking this is phishing and I should just ignore it? Anything it could possibly be for would be statute barred by now.

Thanks!

Katypie

I would definitely react to the letter that has been sent.

In my experience debt buyers are very good at reporting bum data back to the credit bureau

and before you know it there is a link established between you and the person who has not paid the debt.

The type of link that they have used is what is known as a name link.

They really should not be doing this without any supporting information

that you are the person who resided at the previous address.

An example of this might have been that they had researched at your previous address

and been given the new address.

The fact that they have sent you what is known as a "soft" letter is a definite sign they are just fishing. T

he danger is that your data is falsely updated at the credit bureau.