Esa tribunal and worried - ** PUT IN THE SUPPORT GROUP **

anna15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry I have another question. I wondered if I could dispute something I noticed before putting it on statement. In THe DECISION section 3 it states: miss x was accompanied to assessment by partner. She goes to gp, hospital and support worker appointments regularly. She cannot go anywhere alone and relies on her partner to take her. The evidence shows she is unable to get to a specified place with which she is unfamiliar without being accompanied by another person. 6 points are awarded for going out. If I can't go to appts alone and said I dont go out alone are they not confirming this by stating I don't go to appts alone as these are familiar places to me.

Don't know if I'm making sense sorry but I thought in statement they acknowledged I don't go out alone ever which would indicate 15 points but said evidence shows I can't go to unfamiliar places alone so 6 points awarded. I have went to hospitals and GPS etc for a long time now and never went alone.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I have another question. I wondered if I could dispute something I noticed before putting it on statement. In THe DECISION section 3 it states: miss x was accompanied to assessment by partner. She goes to gp, hospital and support worker appointments regularly. She cannot go anywhere alone and relies on her partner to take her. The evidence shows she is unable to get to a specified place with which she is unfamiliar without being accompanied by another person. 6 points are awarded for going out. If I can't go to appts alone and said I dont go out alone are they not confirming this by stating I don't go to appts alone as these are familiar places to me.

Don't know if I'm making sense sorry but I thought in statement they acknowledged I don't go out alone ever which would indicate 15 points but said evidence shows I can't go to unfamiliar places alone so 6 points awarded. I have went to hospitals and GPS etc for a long time now and never went alone.

Certainly point this out to your rep - she may be planning to argue it anyway, but best to check that she will argue for 9 points for that descriptor rather than 6 - stating you cannot go anywhere alone suggests familiar places included.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I have just completed my statement and feel a lot better already. There were a lot of mistakes made. ATOS noted a health issue for instance and decision maker never addressed it. One thing I'm unsure of is at the bottom of the template letter it says I have been unable to work from and tells me to add date but which date do I input? Is it date of assessment or application?

Thanks again, can't believe how much more positive I feel.

=estellyn;4056702]Certainly point this out to your rep - she may be planning to argue it anyway, but best to check that she will argue for 9 points for that descriptor rather than 6 - stating you cannot go anywhere alone suggests familiar places included.

I have just completed my statement and feel a lot better already. There were a lot of mistakes made. ATOS noted a health issue for instance and decision maker never addressed it. One thing I'm unsure of is at the bottom of the template letter it says I have been unable to work from and tells me to add date but which date do I input? Is it date of assessment or application?

Thanks again, can't believe how much more positive I feel.

=estellyn;4056702]Certainly point this out to your rep - she may be planning to argue it anyway, but best to check that she will argue for 9 points for that descriptor rather than 6 - stating you cannot go anywhere alone suggests familiar places included.

I would think, the first day you were off sick from work.

Glad you're feeling a bit better about things, anna.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This tribunal is tomorrow and i am terrified. Not sure what else i can do to prepare though.

I would think, the first day you were off sick from work.

Glad you're feeling a bit better about things, anna.

Hi, i'm new and face my tribunal next monday, I am really scared and now that i've read sticky feel even more apprehensive. I did get 12 points on my initial assessment so am hoping to get the three needed. I hope you win yours tomorrow good luck!

Hi,

This tribunal is tomorrow and i am terrified. Not sure what else i can do to prepare though.

Anna, there is nothing you can do now except make sure you have all your paperwork prepared.

Good luck tomorrow.

Hi jackiemdmc,

What are you most apprehensive about? I found sticky really good and done my descriptors letter with it, have to admit im worried sick though.12 points is good apparantly as my welfare rights lady said that.

Good luck for next week

My DLA tribunal was adjourned by the judge requesting further medical evidence, he ordered 4 years medical records from my GPs, I did not have to pay for it, so if you do not have enough it may be an idea for you to explain the trouble you have been having obtaining a letter etc from your GP and maybe they will do the same. I hope all goes well tomorrow:grouphug:

Hi everyone,

What a morning!!! I won my appeal and expected the WRAG group but got support group. To say im happy wouldnt be doing myself justice.

I want to be honest though so to prepare others and say it was not easy. My rep said i had the worst panel a d are known for being nasty. I have to admit i loved the judge who was very fair and decent. The medical professor tore me apart so much so an official complaint is going in from my rep. The things he said were insensitive and very damaging. I wasnt going to complain as i am just relieved its over but if by me complaining it helps anyone else then i will do it.

Thanks again for all your advice and words of reassurance it meant a lot.

Xxxx

That's fantastic news !! Well done !!

Have to admit that my experience was a bit scary too. The judge pulled me apart, but the doctor was lovely. Both were very fair though. I didn't hold out much hope if I'm honest, but went from zero points to support group.

You can relax now. Well done for fighting your corner. It's not easy, but oh so worth it in the end :)

Its def worth fighting for. Gp was not fair at all but im glad its over. I went from 12 points to i don't know how many, didnt want to wait around to find out lol. Will get papers in day or two. :-)

Hi everyone,

I have another question. I am just wondering what happens next? I have read different things on backpay of arrears etc and am wondering is there anything I can do to speed backpay along? 2 weeks from Xmas and with a few children to say the money will come in handy is an understatement.

Thanks again

hi anna glad you won how was it I'm scared about facing the panel what did they say? 12 points is good yes but still need 3 more. My DLA has still been stopped based on the atos decision so i have to appeal that too. I'm worried about not winning and having to tell my kids no xmas this year at least it will be over monday.

Hi,

Thats awful your dla was stopped. My dla continued all through this process thank goodness. They asked me lots of things. Asked what circumstances had led to depression, what meds i was on, how does my meds effect me. How did I get to tribunal, do i go out alone ever, do i attend social events, do i visit family. asked if i was scared of them?????? Asked how i would of coped if tribunal was cancelled, can i go to bathroom alone, am i a risk to myself. My rep never got to ask a single question. I believe because she spoke to them alone before i went in that they had maybe made a decision already but needed me to clear a few things up. It was hard but when your in there your not aware of time thats passed and it does pass quite quickly. Do not hold anything back and be brutally honest with them.

I wish you the best of luck. Im not sure if my e-mail add shows on my profile but if it does then feel free to e-mail me if i can help in anyway. X

QUOTE=jackiemdmc;4071260]hi anna glad you won how was it I'm scared about facing the panel what did they say? 12 points is good yes but still need 3 more. My DLA has still been stopped based on the atos decision so i have to appeal that too. I'm worried about not winning and having to tell my kids no xmas this year at least it will be over monday.