ParkFair Parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - new to the forum so bear with me!

My son is in Thailand and is the owner of a vehicle that has received a parking charge notice from Parkfair. His car has been caught on the camera driving into the private parking area on 30/7/2012 at 12:57 and out again at 13:07 - a total of 10 minutes. There is no photo showing the car parked.

The notice was received by post on Saturday 15/9 and the "date of the notice" is 7/9/2012. The charge of £100 has to be paid within 28 days of the "date of notice" and if within 14 days the cost will be reduced to £60.

The driver (I presume it was my son who is currently in Thailand) can appeal within 14 days of the date of this notice (7/9).

I went to the car park in question and the sign says that by entering the parking area with out the relevant authorisation you are consenting to pay a fixed penalty charge of £100.

I have been on the "Parkfair" website, but can see no terms & conditions.

Are there any "t&cs" relating to this type of penalty notice e.g. they have to issue it within 28 days? I think it is unreasonable that we have under 7 days to pay the lower amount when it took over half the given time to arrive here - I would appreciate your comments. Is this a "lawful" notice?

I came onto this site and saw many of the posts regarding this type of charge, but as some of the posts were a few years old, I am not sure if the advice is still the best i.e. ignore.

My thoughts are that I should email them explaining the above and suggesting that as he could not park there, the driver had gone in to turn the car around. However with reference to their notice as he entered the parking area he would still be consenting to the charge.

By the way......I do have my son's permission to open his mail while he is away!!!

Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

M

if the 'ticket' does not have these three words on it

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

and

ONLY THOSE THREE WORDS

then its a private PPC and can be IGNORED

They will get all hot and bothered and send threatening letters but IGNORE them if the 'ticket' does not have as above.

If you need any further help just shout.

Gordie

Thanks Gordie,

I've checked the small print and nowhere does it say "Penalty Charge Notice". It repeatedly says "Parking Charge Notice". The offence is stated as "83Unauthorised Parking".

I strongly feel that I should email them acknowledging receipt of this letter, explain that my son is out of the country etc. and that there is no photo of his car being parked and the entering and leaving times are only 10 minutes apart.

I think you are going to tell me to IGNORE them, but I get all hot & bothered when threatened and even more so if it's one of my kids even if they are supposedly adults!!

M

i would not enter into any letter or email tennis.

though if you've got photos of those signsd

in the stickies of this forum [i thnk]

there is a member that wants as many as possible photos of these signs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Gordie,

I've checked the small print and nowhere does it say "Penalty Charge Notice". It repeatedly says "Parking Charge Notice". The offence is stated as "83Unauthorised Parking".

I strongly feel that I should email them acknowledging receipt of this letter, explain that my son is out of the country etc. and that there is no photo of his car being parked and the entering and leaving times are only 10 minutes apart.

I think you are going to tell me to IGNORE them, but I get all hot & bothered when threatened and even more so if it's one of my kids even if they are supposedly adults!!

M

1. It has nothing to do with you.

2. If you do reply - it's taken as you shouting "I am a worried sucker". - This will result in your son receiving a ton of mail as they received a reply, and see it as a weakness to your being susceptible to falling for their con to pay them they are not entitled to.

3. There is no "offence".

4. Because there is a sign saying something, it does not mean it is the law or definitely forms a contract. As an example - had the sign said "drive in here and your mum must show us her knickers" would you still be as willing to play their game?

They are looking for suckers who scare, you are scared upon your son's behalf. Don't let him become their target through you being silly (albeit trying to help).

Found them....the company name is Sagoss Ltd.

If this company had issued me with a ticket I would immediately be making a complaint to DVLA.

At the very least, if DVLA are allowing highly personal data to be released to private parking operators, then they should firstly ensure that the relevant company are properly registered with the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO). A lot of companies are registered.....many are NOT !!

Any company processing personal data MUST be registered with the ICO and there are many categories of registration.

Many companies that are registered are NOT registered to use CCTV......and it would seem that Sagoss Ltd is one of them !!!!

Points noted!! Thanks.

Just ignore all their silly letters and scary threats, the letters are populated with MAY and MIGHT and COULD which translates as 'none of this can be enforced'

If you start to falter come back for a pep talk, in the meantime search for BBC Watchdog Private Parking Tickets on Youtube, maybe you'll feel better if Anne Robinson tells you to ignore it as well