County Court Claim Form Sigma

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I m about to write the letter back to them, any tips at all on what to include also what do I say to the court about their letter?

Are they breaking the law trying to settle out of court?

In a word no MM infact it is positively encouraged by the Court throughout the litigation process.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word no MM infact it is positively encouraged by the Court throughout the litigation process.

Regards

Andy

Many thanks

So in all honesty what is the best approach to take now Andy.

People at home have suggested that I enter into the repayment plan to save a CCJ and also to take the stress off me but I am not quite sure they are not trying to pull a fast one.

If the repayment plan equates to the true debt value then yes you win all round, if not and includes unfair charges and interest then its your decision to continue.

Once a defence is entered and discounts are thrown about its a sure bet they are on the back foot and their claim is relatively weak.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Right I m about to write the letter back to them, any tips at all on what to include also what do I say to the court about their letter?

Are they breaking the law trying to settle out of court?

No, they are not breaking the law by trying to settle out of court. The Courts actively encourage this in order to save time and costs.

Have a read of the link below.. the first is a claim that was made against RBS, I think and a letter was written to the bank.. I am sure that you will find something in this letter that you can use in yours.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?829-Charges-successfuly-reclaimed-from-RBS-last-year

the link below is for all the BCOBs articles from which the letter above has been taken.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?849-BCOBS-Round-up-Making-your-bank-treat-you-failry

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This isn't a straight forward offer to settle out of court though is it. I understand it as an offer to enter a repayment plan to pay back a balance not mentioned anywhere in the POC. I also understand that a stay- not even a discontinuance- is offered on condition of entering a repayment plan. To my mind this is an underhand way to get you to commit to a debt that isn't part of their claim- remember this claim is only for interest accrued on an account they have purchased from someone else. Nowhere however, have they indicated how much the full alleged debt is, its nature [O/D? Credit Card? Loan?], proven that you owe them that debt, or proven they have a right to legally pursue you for that alleged debt.

I think these offers of a repayment plan are not conventional 'out of court' settlements at all and an abuse of process. Just my personal opinion of course. It's also my opinion- in the case of these claims- to enter into such a repayment plan when they have hardly any grounds to pursue you through the court system in the first place- and you can easily scupper them through careful procedure- is daft. There's one for the mix lol :)

Edited by SkemDosser

You could agree a F&FS in connection with the account number plead, assuming you owe the debt.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Right guys

Never heard back ref the claim for the overdraft, where they sent me some form of old statements and offered a repayment plan and have not heard about the claim for which I sent a defence for early August (which I never even got a response to my CPR requests).

What is the next step? Should I apply for strike out (what exactly does strike out mean, does it mean the claim will never see the light of day again?) or do I chase it up with them, or just leave it?

advice greatly received!!

Thank you

Hi marshmallows seems like a great silence has emerged from Sigma/HL over all this as we thought it would. Most of their claims appear to have been stayed. Personally I had a bit more of a result as they discontinued my claim at the end of August- my thread is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?365255-HL-Sigma-Claim-Discontinued-Wasted-Costs-Order-Skem-s-Story&p=3979967#post3979967

It was largely unexpected and I had been prepared to have to go for a strike out, but now I'm going for costs instead :) Persoanlly I think a strike out is the way to go- if you've received nothing from your CPR requests and with the claim being on such dodgy ground to start with, I reckon if you can't achieve a strike out under them circumstances, you never can. And of course if you get costs it reduces HL's profit margin which cannot be a bad thing :) Hope someone else is along with their take soon.

Most of their claims appear to have been stayed.

Most of their claims would have been won by default or paid, because claim forms scare people.

However, the majority of people who defend will find the case is stayed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have checked my Credit file and these are listed as a default, with the creditor being Sigma Red. This is annoying me to be honest as these guys obviously feel they have no grounds to proceed? yet it is destroying my credit file and chances to switch mortgagelink3.gif.

I still have no idea what the second claim was for and I question the 1st one for a supposed overdraftlink3.gif (I have never had an overdraft I asked but the bank rejected it).

Should I sit tighter for a bit longer or now consider strike out, especially on the claim where they never responded to CPR??

Thanks in advance

Have you received AQs for these claims, MM ?

You might want to telephone Northampton and ask what the status of the claims is at this present time.

Once you have established that they are stayed, or have been sent to local courts, then you could perhaps consider a strike out.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Probably best not to "assume" anything marshmallows. :)

Confirm that they are stayed, then we can make a decision from there.

BCOBS

I have just spoken to a lady at the court

Claim 1 was stayed beginning August last year and claim 2 not long after .

The lady said they should have responded to defence in 33 days and if they wanted to reapply it would need to go to a district judge. She said that i could get legal advice about what to do next.

Yes, when a case is stayed, either side can apply to the court to have the stay lifted. It costs £80.00 with a hearing and £40.00 without.

In your case you would be asking for the case to be struck out and they would be asking for it to be reopened to proceed.

BCOBS

If you apply to strike out - you will need to be ready to defend.

BCOBS

I thought as much. I really am torn as to what to do. The supposed debt is 5 years old and on my credit file says it was for a loan but I have never had a loan with HSBC. I had a credit card but never a loan.

The problem is debts get passed around to that many different companies I am not sure what is what anymore.

• 2 months later...
I have just had a look on my credit file and this account says "last updated ** May 2013". Is it Sigma that are updating it?

Seems strange they will not reply to request for documents proving evidence of this "loan", yet they keep updating my credit file?

It should say who is making the updates marshmallow.

BCOBS