Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had similar, was asked to take off a lot of skills in a particular area because 'ten year old experience is not really valid in today's workplace'.... welll since re-writing back those skills I've ended up working in that area again!

If they had stuck to the 'long term' ie people who had been unemployed for more than 18 months the work providers would have had more time and resources to get people back to work, but the blanket approach of including everyone after 3 months made the system unworkable.

Perhaps in future governments they need to look at the reasons why jobs get squeezed in the first place - might it be something to do with the governments own policies, fiscal and otherwise causing employers to cut jobs to the bone?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is correct. If your claim started on, for example, 6th March 2014 you could take two 14 day periods of sickness between that date and the 5th March 2015.

Ok are u sure u are right as my claim started in August 2010 an i had a few days sickness in january and a few in march this year yet when i rang in sick they now sayin ive already had 2 periods of sickness - well going by what u said my 12 month period for the 2 periods of sickness i had near the beginning of the year should have renewed in August? Is that right? Can anybody give me some advice please? Thanks

TJR JNR

They are saying the period of time is a normal year January - December

Then I suggest they need retraining before giving out advice to claimants as they are 100% wrong.

On a JSA28 you get 2 periods of sickness of up to 14 days between a calendar year of when your claim starts i.e. if your claim starts on March 22nd 2014 your sickness 'allowance' period would be to 21st March 2015 and in this time you can have 28 days (but in 2 periods of up to 14 days each) and I would advise anyone doing this takes their FULL quota as you are not penalised.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/periods_of_sickness_while_claimi

Then I suggest they need retraining before giving out advice to claimants as they are 100% wrong.

On a JSA28 you get 2 periods of sickness of up to 14 days between a calendar year of when your claim starts i.e. if your claim starts on March 22nd 2014 your sickness 'allowance' period would be to 21st March 2015 and in this time you can have 28 days (but in 2 periods of up to 14 days each) and I would advise anyone doing this takes their FULL quota as you are not penalised.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/periods_of_sickness_while_claimi

Well my claim was from 7th september 2010 and i had a period of sickness in january an in march this year so i should have had my 12 month entitlement renewed last month? I went to the link u gave me but it doesnt show the answer the Dwp gave to the questions only the questions x id like to bookmark it if u can find anything from the Dwp please- i checkd the Gov website but that just says your allowed 2 periods but doesnt explain how they work it out

TJR JNR

Well my claim was from 7th september 2010 and i had a period of sickness in january an in march this year so i should have had my 12 month entitlement renewed last month? I went to the link u gave me but it doesnt show the answer the Dwp gave to the questions only the questions x id like to bookmark it if u can find anything from the Dwp please- i checkd the Gov website but that just says your allowed 2 periods but doesnt explain how they work it out

Not sure of this helps:

A claimant is only allowed a maximum of two periods of illness in a twelve-month period of claiming JSA. This is not a maximum of four weeks, but of two periods of up to two weeks each. Each period may be shorter than, but may not be longer than, two weeks. The twelve months start to run from the date the claimant first claimed JSA.

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/house-garden-194/money-finance-entitlements-267/526702-job-seekers-allowance-querie-all.html

• Confused 1

Not sure of this helps:

A claimant is only allowed a maximum of two periods of illness in a twelve-month period of claiming JSA. This is not a maximum of four weeks, but of two periods of up to two weeks each. Each period may be shorter than, but may not be longer than, two weeks. The twelve months start to run from the date the claimant first claimed JSA.

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/house-garden-194/money-finance-entitlements-267/526702-job-seekers-allowance-querie-all.html

Thanks thats the only thing where it states the term time only problem is its not on an official government website and its also almost 4 years old i cant believe they havnt put it in the guidelines on the .Gov website -not sure if my jobcentre will accept it as proof but i can always try - thanks for your help if you come accross anythin more official could u please let me know as it will be much apprechiated

TJR JNR

How long does the "work trial" last for ?

Are you assured of a job at the end of it if the employer likes you ?

Are your travel & other out of pocket expenses paid for (and if so, by whom) ?

Does this employer have a reputation of taking on people on "work trials" or "work experience" only to say "no thanks" at the end ?

Should you find the "job" is not for you, what penalties would you incur by leaving before the end of the "work trial" ?

I'd suggest seeking answers to the above questions before you can make an informed decision. I'd also recommend berating the "adviser" concerned for organising this "work trial" without your consent.

One thing in your favour is the notification by email does not constitute a valid Mandatory Activity Notice, so it is up to you if you wish to ignore it. However, it may be worth turning up on Monday if it is an employer you would like to work for - Just remember to ask questions about working hours, breaks, pay scales & dates, along with the usual H&SE questions.

They get a bonus for putting people on a work trial, ingeus are sneaky people, who will do anything to get a bonus...without even thinking about if its right for you or not.

I had similar, was asked to take off a lot of skills in a particular area because 'ten year old experience is not really valid in today's workplace'.... welll since re-writing back those skills I've ended up working in that area again!

If they had stuck to the 'long term' ie people who had been unemployed for more than 18 months the work providers would have had more time and resources to get people back to work, but the blanket approach of including everyone after 3 months made the system unworkable.

Perhaps in future governments they need to look at the reasons why jobs get squeezed in the first place - might it be something to do with the governments own policies, fiscal and otherwise causing employers to cut jobs to the bone?

Just because someone has been unemployed for more than 18 months does not necessarily imply that the candidate skills are redundant....reports suggest a) that 50% of young black men under 24 are unemployed, b) that if you are male, aged 50+, and made redundant, it is difficult to return to the jobs market, and c) some employers will reject against any female between 18-55 for fear of "Child Care" rearing itself within the workplace.

Sadly, the Welfare To Work Sector was never envisaged to "help the unemployed" - it remains Sub Prime, and the majority of welfare To Work Clerks employed were either working in the Flexible New Deal, Call Centres or Recruitment Agencies.

[...] the majority of welfare To Work Clerks employed were either working in the Flexible New Deal, Call Centres or Recruitment Agencies.

You missed a couple of occupations - Car salesmen, double glazing sales, and snake oil vendors.:razz:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You have to laugh. Tired of not getting a response from me after I signed off, the provider has now sent me a £60 high street voucher if I tell them the name and details of my employer.

Weird Huh. Wouldn't pay my train fair one minute, offering me a £60 the next.....

I'd sooner forgo the £60 voucher and sit there grinning at the prospect of them squirming and not being able to claim credit.....

Surely that is a form of bribery? Personally I would tell them where to shove it as your job is worth more than them getting details to pester the employee as well as you. Or, take the voucher in the offices and give them a piece of paper saying you now work for a government agency and are not allowed to disclose details due to recent security alerts. Spend the £60 and leave a box of chocolates in the offices and tell them to enjoy them as they won't be seeing a penny from you

[...] you now work for a government agency and are not allowed to disclose details due to recent security alerts.

Funny you should say that - I use a very similar line should anyone ask about my job. "Having signed the Official Secrets Act, I am not permitted to discuss my work or employer", end of conversation. :madgrin:

I was in town earlier and saw someone that I used to see at INGEUS. The person had anappointment booked for last Wednesday and that was a day he was accompanying his Father to hospital for a procedure so he asked if they could make the appointment later or another day as no one else could be with him and he wanted to be there for support - all reasonable I think. INGEUS came back to him and said "so what would you do if you were working?" His answer, as mine would be "take time off as leave or make it up another day" Always said it, family and health before anything. Out of a 9-5 day and 5 days a week they could not (or would not) find him another slot and was threatened that failure to attend would be a raised doubt and no doubt sanction - luckily he had same JCP adviser as me (who was actually supportive and decent) and he sorted it for him.

As usual, WP setting people up to fail and get angry so they lose money and sign off. Disgraceful.

Hi every one out there. Pls can I get help on issue regarding been mandated to provide job goal by work programm provider. And is job goal part of my personal information. And what is a job goal. Is this job goal part of information already sent to wp defore referal.

By 'job goal' do they mean what type of work you want, or when you expect to get a job, or what?

They should already have the info about what work you do from the Jobcentre, who referred you to them. For example, if you're already a plumber (or want to train as one) then that's obviously your goal. If they're meaning the question as 'when do you expect to get a job?', one possible answer you can give is 'when you start doing your job and find me decent vacancies to apply for' :)

Beware of saying 'Any job will do' as they may then start wanting you to apply for all the rubbish jobs going. It would benefit them as they'll get paid for finding you any job but wouldn't do you much good if you end up with something bad.

By 'job goal' do they mean what type of work you want, or when you expect to get a job, or what?

By "job goal", I take it to mean what type of work I would hope to be doing by the end of the programme. If it had to be a written statement, something like:

Job Goal: Lead Inquisitor, Special Investigations Unit.

A wide ranging role tasked with investigating fraud and malpractice within the Welfare to Work sector.

Thanks you for the contributions and reply. It gave me a direction now. Am glad I found this sit and will be updating the sit on the out come. Been on work programme for a year now.

I just feel they (work programme)are up to no good for asking for job goal. Now that I know they should already have job goal from jobcentre that makes it more confusing why they want it and it was mandated. Is it reasonable for them to make such demand and can job goal be class as personal data

A "job goal" could be classed as 'personal information', but I wouldn't try to use the Data Protection Act to avoid a sanction. You'd be better off looking at the original M.A.N. to see if it is compliant with current guidance - If it was issued by way of email, text, or telephone call, it is invalid. It must be in writing and either posted in good time or handed to you personally.

As for the specifics of this M.A.N., writing down a "job goal" is not particularly odious - Set your one goal high, but be realistic. Just don't say something like "flipping burgers" or "fast food delivery driver", try something like "forensic accountant" :wink:

Aaah thanks m8. I can think not only straight but in the right direction now. My head is cleared now , at least I now what to say on next appointment as I was realy confuse but now I am not.thanks for support

Thanks you for the contributions and reply. It gave me a direction now. Am glad I found this sit and will be updating the sit on the out come. Been on work programme for a year now.

I just feel they (work programme)are up to no good for asking for job goal. Now that I know they should already have job goal from jobcentre that makes it more confusing why they want it and it was mandated. Is it reasonable for them to make such demand and can job goal be class as personal data

I'm sorry, perhaps this is me not understanding but would I be right in thinking that you'll have at least one 'Job Goal' on your Job Seekers agreement, and that yes, this 'should' have been sent to the WP provider with your other information.

Now, it's possible that this goal was set perhaps two years ago now (a year on JSA before your referral to WP in most cases).

So is it entirely unreasonable for your adviser to want to re-visit this? No.

What's potentially more frightening is that for some reason they don't have it and you've made it through the first half of your time on the WP without it. In which case, has your current adviser picked up on this and wants to make sure they at least know what you want? Perhaps.

I see so many posts from people saying that their adviser doesn't help, doesn't provide them with vacancies that match their preferences or experience and yet, here we might actually have one that IS trying to do their job and the first instinct is that they're up to no good.

In fairness, in the knowledge of what you actually do want to do, rather than the two year old 'I want to be a ....' chat at the start of a JSA claim, they might actually be able to do something useful.

It could also be that the adviser has written as part of their objectives for the next meeting to look at job goals and put that on the 'next appointment' part of the MAN letter, wholly intending the MAN bit to relate to your attendance at the meeting.

I can't imagine, and this is why I'm apologising at the start of my post, why you would want the adviser not to know or indeed, why you'd sooner refuse rather than simply say "I've always wanted to be a .....".

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Well I thank you for your comment. Just as you said , you dont know. And I do not think I have in anyway hold them from doing their job by coming to the forum to ask question on this issue. Do you ever think of or know other reason why people come on the forum? I bet you know. And the adviser you claim that do nothing to help according to other claimant but as accurate as your statement is. You fail to mention the corrupt and bad practice adopted by adviser and you wonder why I a vast majority scramble round and round to know what is what before been triped up or set people up for sanction backed by twisted and unlawful practise. So it your view that such bunch of twisted advisers who ignore relevant rule (which they are subjected to or it all about one rule for a few and another for the rest) should be trusted? Well by now if you still cant get it.... as to why i have decided to research and get myself up to date.

Then please go and check out peoples experience in the hands of the so called work coach.... not advisers any more

If you are on benefit of which I have a doubt you are . But if u are then base on what you said and how you see things concerning advisers behaviour and sanction and the motive behinde their behaviour . Then your advisers in ur jcp/wp should be awarded for good practices. And I wish I can have a trusted and untwisted advisers compare to the bunch of servants (not civil servant any more). Yes am raging pls not at you but at the way and manner the whole system is and based on my truamatic experience in the hands of this servants and their boss

Edited by honeybee13
Language