Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Given that the Work Programme has only reportedly generated a success rate of 2.5%, the failure resides solely with the Welfare To Work Sector, and the lack of competence amongst Welfare To Work Clerks.

It would be somewhat naive for anyone to levy the accusation that, simply because no W2W Clerk was able to communicate your skills and experiences with an employer, and that because they could not negotiate any interview on your behalf, that you should implicitly be accused of failing as if you are responsible for being unemployed.

Mine always act and talk like it's the jobseekers fault that they are seeking a job, but it's a familiar attitude as many drones I have experience of try to blame me for anything and everything

Edited by citizenB

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine always act and talk like it's the jobseekers fault that they are seeking a job, but it's a familiar attitude as many pimps I have experience of try to blame me for anything and everything

Wait until you make a complaint against the drone - I did, and got told it was my fault for not fully engaging with the "adviser".. Right... My fault that he spent most of his time either mumbling or ignoring me... Or was it the red pen I used to highlight is grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors...

Edited by citizenB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Wait until you make a complaint against the drone - I did, and got told it was my fault for not fully engaging with the "adviser".. Right... My fault that he spent most of his time either mumbling or ignoring me... Or was it the red pen I used to highlight is grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors...

Done it once - some people came into SEETEC who I spoke to and it went well but the manager was a B***h and claimed I thought the world revolved around me and that she was going to be my adviser

I told an INGEUS drone I didn't trust her (never said it was cos she ignored homophobia in an interview and defended the interviewer, spoke to the manager but felt like I was being manipulated/handled

Edited by citizenB

Hi all, sorry but just wanted to ask that my friend failed an interview with an ingeus advisor to be put forward to the relevant employer, and was then booked in a confidence activity session by his advisor, he said the booking happened to be a friend of his advisor, and when the day came along to attend he received an email at 8:40am one morning to say its cancelled, and he never heard nothing more about it, does anyone know why this would be cancelled?

Hi all, sorry but just wanted to ask that my friend failed an interview with an ingeus advisor to be put forward to the relevant employer, and was then booked in a confidence activity session by his advisor, he said the booking happened to be a friend of his advisor, and when the day came along to attend he received an email at 8:40am one morning to say its cancelled, and he never heard nothing more about it, does anyone know why this would be cancelled?

Lack of interest?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Lack of interest?

Yes very true,he said their all Schneidy people and stare at him funny all the time, although he said his advisor is a genuinely nice person but the job has gotten to his head and turned him in to a *****, (his words) I know that feeling well.

Yes very true,he said their all Schneidy people and stare at him funny all the time, although he said his advisor is a genuinely nice person but the job has gotten to his head and turned him in to a *****, (his words) I know that feeling well.

Schneidy?

What's that mean?

I read it as: snidey [ˈsnaɪdɪ] (of a remark, etc.) maliciously derogatory; supercilious.

An alternative reason for the cancellation - No money to pay for room/tutor/expenses...

Hi all, sorry but just wanted to ask that my friend failed an interview with an ingeus advisor to be put forward to the relevant employer, and was then booked in a confidence activity session by his advisor,

Given that you dont normally have to seek an audience with a postman before a letter is put in the box, and delivered, if a W2W Clerk has identified a job lead, then least that could be expected would be for the W2W Clerk to distribute your CV (with your permission) to the employer,.

So.... did the W2W Clerk in Ingeus have access to a real vacancy, or is it more likely that they were playing a juvenile game with you, suggesting that your interview technique was at fault, and that you needed to be subject to "Corrective Treatment" (typified by a Confidence Building Session).

Given that you dont normally have to seek an audience with a postman before a letter is put in the box, and delivered, if a W2W Clerk has identified a job lead, then least that could be expected would be for the W2W Clerk to distribute your CV (with your permission) to the employer,.

So.... did the W2W Clerk in Ingeus have access to a real vacancy, or is it more likely that they were playing a juvenile game with you, suggesting that your interview technique was at fault, and that you needed to be subject to "Corrective Treatment" (typified by a Confidence Building Session).

It was a job that advisors put hand picked clients for, 1st an interview with an ingeus adviser and if good enough an interview with the company coming to ingeus for staff, I was kept back at interview group session to be told i lacked the confidence (which I did alot) and that adviser told my adviser, and he put me on a mock interview with himself next appointment (which happened and to be honest helped) and a confidence session, I couldn't help but think it must of been on my profile on my next appointment but he didnt say anything about it...(the building consisted of alot if empty rooms on other floors, me and adviser went a fed floors up just for a mock Interview

Attended my half day mandatory Interview skills course with Ingeus (I finish 9th July). What a nightmare. Two guys came to verbal blows, the language was very choice. Had a major headache from it, so not used to people using foul language on each other-I know I have lead a sheltered life! I signed yesterday and posed the question to my advisor about life after the WP. He said you'll come back to us for year and sign on as normal. Why a year I didn't ask....

Attended my half day mandatory Interview skills course with Ingeus (I finish 9th July). What a nightmare. Two guys came to verbal blows, the language was very choice. Had a major headache from it, so not used to people using foul language on each other-I know I have lead a sheltered life! I signed yesterday and posed the question to my advisor about life after the WP. He said you'll come back to us for year and sign on as normal. Why a year I didn't ask....

So they get a year's second chance? Seems a stupid idea

It was a job that advisors put hand picked clients for, 1st an interview with an ingeus adviser and if good enough an interview with the company coming to ingeus for staff

How on earth do Ingeus have the right to say who is or is not suitable for an interview - any interview??? In the past some vacancies required you to fill in one of those horrible standard Jobcentre application forms, which was then passed to the employer; however I found that the Jobcentre staff would look through each application and reject the ones they thought were unsuitable. Totally unacceptable; if I get rejected for a job then I want it to be by the actual company I've applied to, not some JC clerk who turned it down - and never even told me. As a result, I stopped applying via JC forms and insisted on the contact details of the employer, so I could at least be sure my application reached them.

Of course, I can see that Ingeus would only want to put forward the most promising candidates as it increases their chances of a job outcome payment if one - oe more - of them gets a job, but a person they class as 'lacking confidence' might come across totally differently to the actual employer; perhaps they're looking for a quiet, steady person who won't rock the boat.

If 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' as the saying goes, then 'Employability is in the eye of the employer'..not the drone.

Edited by citizenB

How on earth do Ingeus have the right to say who is or is not suitable for an interview - any interview??? In the past some vacancies required you to fill in one of those horrible standard Jobcentre application forms, which was then passed to the employer; however I found that the Jobcentre staff would look through each application and reject the ones they thought were unsuitable. Totally unacceptable; if I get rejected for a job then I want it to be by the actual company I've applied to, not some JC clerk who turned it down - and never even told me. As a result, I stopped applying via JC forms and insisted on the contact details of the employer, so I could at least be sure my application reached them.

Of course, I can see that Ingeus would only want to put forward the most promising candidates as it increases their chances of a job outcome payment if one - oe more - of them gets a job, but a person they class as 'lacking confidence' might come across totally differently to the actual employer; perhaps they're looking for a quiet, steady person who won't rock the boat.

If 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' as the saying goes, then 'Employability is in the eye of the employer'..not the drone.

The entire notion is sacrilegious... even if there was a Real Job, a Welfare To Work Clerk is only sufficiently qualified to a) ask the candidate whether they would be interested in being put forward for the job (and to sign the Data Protection Waiver if they have not previously signed), b) telephone the employer to arrange a date and time of interview and/or c) forward the CV.

Some W2W Clerks do have "Delusions of Grandeur", and ideas above the pathetic station.

However, perhaps a more serious issue is at stake... the aim being to dent a candidates confidence, to submit the candidate to a further bout of psychological bullying, and to make them even more maleable to subsequent suggestion.

Edited by citizenB
Additional Information Submitted

I was recently asked by my Advisor if i was into sport, thinking it was just chit chat i said no not really don't watch it much if at all, he then said pity was going to put you forward for a job at a betting shop as i think you would be great with the banter, but you need to know alot about sport..i said do i? do you not just serve the customers and sort the betting slips, he then replied no you need to know alot about sport incase someone asks you who the best ladies runner is, what horse do you think will do good. so i lost out on that as he didn't see me in that role, yet they always ask me to go for jobs they know i have no training for or driving jobs (i don't drive) or jobs that are night time/late evening shifts (i'm a lone parent) Dreading what will happening in August when my 2years are up.

I was recently asked by my Advisor if i was into sport, thinking it was just chit chat i said no not really don't watch it much if at all, he then said pity was going to put you forward for a job at a betting shop as i think you would be great with the banter, but you need to know alot about sport..i said do i? do you not just serve the customers and sort the betting slips, he then replied no you need to know alot about sport incase someone asks you who the best ladies runner is, what horse do you think will do good. so i lost out on that as he didn't see me in that role, yet they always ask me to go for jobs they know i have no training for or driving jobs (i don't drive) or jobs that are night time/late evening shifts (i'm a lone parent) Dreading what will happening in August when my 2years are up.

I am sure that if you had answered yes, the Welfare To Work Clerk would have said "pity. If you weren't into sport, I was going to put you forward for a job at a betting shop". However, delusions of grandeur... the Clerk could only have reasonably have forwarded your CV to the employer, or passed your name and address onto the employer in order for an application form to be sent to you. They are not qualified to assess either the employer requirements, or candidate ability to do the job.

Of course, if you are interested in the role, I suggest that you discuss opportunities to work within Betting Shops with the Employer Services Team in Ingeus, or alternatively, if you have access to the system, simply do a search on the Ingeus Jobs System. This will be dependent on whather you signed the Data Protection Waiver. Alternatively, simply do a search on Universal Job Match - the likelihood is that the jobs that Ingeus have access to would have simply been sourced via UJ.

In terms of what happens when you finish with Ingeus, I think that when you are returned back to the Job Centre, Job Centre Plus may negotiate a "Universal Credit Claimant Commitment" with you, which reflects the issues of the Welfare Reform Act where candidates are expected to spend "35 hours a week either applying for jobs or preparing to enter the jobs market", which presumes that an unemployed candidate is not already qualified to do the jobs that they are applying for.

This could involve Job Centre Plus getting you to sign a commitment to (say) working 30 hours per week in the Voluntary Sector. But, it could require the candidate to be sent to Ingeus, for example, where they will try to get you into Voluntary Sector.

If you want to avoid this, one further option which you may wish to consider is to investigate training via a Further Education Course. Depending on your existing training and qualifications, if you would like to investigate these options, then although you would not be able to apply for a Student Grant, you could apply for a Student Loan if you wanted to pursue a Level 3 or 4 course at FE College, this scheme being introduced April 2013, and candidates would not to repay this loan until they were earning in excess of £21000 per annum.

Well I am now been blackmailed by Ingeus, Emailed my support worker last month with a few questions, this was the reply:

Email Reply:

Following a discussion with my manager Tom I now have the answers to your questions below:

1) £150 is the maximum financial support we could offer towards the start up costs of your business

(NEA from the DWP gives upto £2700 of support, While on WP not available.)

2) It is not possible for you to be removed from the work programme before the 2 year completion date

(Roll on August then I will be free)

3) In order for us to pay for a clients SIA license the following should apply:

-There should be a strong possibility of a job offer on receipt of the SIA License

-Consent to Share form needs to be signed by the client in order for us to confirm the job

(Is that not blackmail, Sign the consent forms and we will pay for the SIA)

So they want me to sign the consent forms as they want a job outcome for paying for the SIA License.

Just written my complaint to DWP, see how they see this matter.

George

Well I am now been blackmailed by Ingeus, Emailed my support worker last month with a few questions, this was the reply:

Email Reply:

Following a discussion with my manager Tom I now have the answers to your questions below:

1) £150 is the maximum financial support we could offer towards the start up costs of your business

(NEA from the DWP gives upto £2700 of support, While on WP not available.)

2) It is not possible for you to be removed from the work programme before the 2 year completion date

(Roll on August then I will be free)

3) In order for us to pay for a clients SIA license the following should apply:

-There should be a strong possibility of a job offer on receipt of the SIA License

-Consent to Share form needs to be signed by the client in order for us to confirm the job

(Is that not blackmail, Sign the consent forms and we will pay for the SIA)

So they want me to sign the consent forms as they want a job outcome for paying for the SIA License.

Just written my complaint to DWP, see how they see this matter.

George

Hmm, I suppose the drones will then argue that refusal to sign constitutes the client placing an obstacle in the way of employment, grounds for sanction?

I think it's safe to assume that any help asked for will be met with a sign the data waiver proviso. Yep blackmail, so don't ask the bast4rds for anything.

Edited by citizenB

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I had a "We are a private company and do not fund training. However, if you apply for a job and get accepted on the proviso of gaining the relevant qualification, we will reconsider funding."

"O.K. I have negotiated a heavily discounted fee of £10 for a first aid course, will you pay for it and travel expenses ?"

"NO".

At least you had an indicator that Ingeus might pay for an SIA license, even if it did have strings attached.