Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your advice again guys/girls.

On the leaflet it says there will be 40 top employers (gives you the impression that you will be speaking directly to the people who are in charge of recruitment) but I have a feeling it will be just as RebeccaPidgeon described.

Thanks for your advice again guys/girls.

On the leaflet it says there will be 40 top employers (gives you the impression that you will be speaking directly to the people who are in charge of recruitment) but I have a feeling it will be just as RebeccaPidgeon described.

More then likely based on experience there will be many agencies, a few different pimps and some actual jobs but mostly part-time work, there will also be too many people crowded into a small room so it feels claustrophobic, the leaflet sounds like something a spin-doctor or a pimp would write

Lorise. They are obliged to pay for a registered child minder. Finding one might not be easy though. If you were to find out how much one costs for the time needed (3/4 hours) and phone Ingeus and ask for confirmation that they will meet this cost I bet they won't be so keen to have you attend in the holidays!

Hiya sorry just saw message, my kid is old enough to be left alone for a short while he is 13, i just hate the fact they make us go during the hols, as my son doesn't always want to sit in the house alone waiting on me to get back from somewhere doing something i could do at home, but thank you so much for the reply, i was at Ingeus today, took my son along, was in and out in 15mins tops dragged me all the way down there to ask me if i had applied for any jobs?...i said yes ofcourse give him my list which he looked at for 3secs, then gave me it back, then told me i now have to go weekly for 2hour jobsearch. the money this WP wastes on busfares, he could of emailed me to ask that. so annoying. so instead of every wednesday i now have to go every...wait for it...Tuesday that is the amazing help these guys do. even my son said why didn't he just ring you mam why did we have to trail into town. It just amazes me the Goverment allow this to go on when they know it doesn't work.

More then likely based on experience there will be many agencies, a few different pimps and some actual jobs but mostly part-time work, there will also be too many people crowded into a small room so it feels claustrophobic, the leaflet sounds like something a spin-doctor or a pimp would write

Apparently its been in the making for quite some time now, many millions has been spent organizing it. Thats what my ingeus advisor said to me

Apparently its been in the making for quite some time now, many millions has been spent organizing it. Thats what my ingeus advisor said to me

Be interested to see if it's any use then - would you be able to comment on what it is like?

Has anyone ever got a job out of these jobs fairs?

Only the staff working AT the jobs fairs! I've been to a couple and as Rebecca has already said, it's basically just all promotion for the various 'employers' there; oh, sure they'll tell you all about their company and the great prospects, blah blah and they might even ask you to fill in an application form (and God knows what they'll do with your personal data) or ask you to send an application letter and cv - which you'll never back from them on. NOBODY there will ever say 'Hey, I like the look of you and you have the experience, would you attend an interview?'

Promotion, promotion and more promotion; that's all it is. The few I've been to, I just go in, gather a few leaflets to prove I've been - not that anyone has ever asked for proof, but better safe than sorry - and make a hasty exit. I think the term 'Jobs Fair' should be banned under the trade descriptions act.

You could achieve the same results by sending off spec letters to random employers - and at least you can do that from your own home.

Be interested to see if it's any use then - would you be able to comment on what it is like?

Possibly if I do decide to go (depending on whether my advisor hits me with a mandatory letter asking me to go).

But from what jasta11 has experienced it seems like a waste of time, personally I live far away and would be a hassle for me to go there.

Possibly if I do decide to go (depending on whether my advisor hits me with a mandatory letter asking me to go).

But from what jasta11 has experienced it seems like a waste of time, personally I live far away and would be a hassle for me to go there.

It's normally a waste in my experience too plus too claustrophobic and there's been drones there who fake it like they're your friend

Edited by citizenB

Hi, I recently posted about what to do after being delayed in picking up my child...thanks for the advice.

I sent off my complaint - and SHOCKINGLY - is wasn't responded to.

I had my 2nd appointment yesterday - not mandated, but I figured I'd attend anyway to ask for my apology and an explanation as to why they didn't respond within 5 days as it states in their complaints process.

I had to raise the subject myself - and it was claimed by the advisor that they didn't know any details so couldn't comment - I had a copy for them, handily :-)

They then claimed they still couldn't comment as the manageress was dealing with it, so I said I couldn't really accept any 'help' from the advisor as I didn't accept it was okay to leave an 8-yr-old in tears when their parent didn't arrive at the school to collect them and I should have a response to my letter before commencing. I didn't get any decent answer and so asked her to sign the data waiver form - 'only my manager can do that'; she didn't like it much when I told her it didn't matter much as it's legally binding anyway. She had a long meeting with a manager - apparently there are 2 floor managers - then came back and happily signed my data waiver and tried to impress on me how marvellous they were and that I HAVE to do what they want cos the job centre say so. Seemed most concerned that I didn't have a completed job search - I handed that in to JCP before the appointment and wanted me to do a 2 hour job search, I politely declined as I do this at home.

I did get a nice call from the manager saying the other manager would be in touch in a few days, but will prep my next complaint letter for when that doesn't happen. Also HAVE to get a recorder, I'm sure some of the things I was told they NEEDED from me would not adhere to the DWP rules etc.

Sorry for the rant, it's more to have it written down than anything else.

I have now been mandated to fill in one of their job search forms - 20 cold calls and apply for 5 jobs. Should I do this?

I know not to fill in the names and addresses of employers, but my Job Centre Agreement says I should apply for 2 jobs, no mention of cold calling....

I have read the answer before in this forum, but can't remember the replies. If someone could direct me I would be grateful.

I have now been mandated to fill in one of their job search forms - 20 cold calls and apply for 5 jobs. Should I do this?

I know not to fill in the names and addresses of employers, but my Job Centre Agreement says I should apply for 2 jobs, no mention of cold calling....

I have read the answer before in this forum, but can't remember the replies. If someone could direct me I would be grateful.

The JCP+ is the only ones that can modify your JSAg (with your approval). However, the DWP letter mandating you on to the WP uses the phrase "you must do what ever the provider tells you" - A point that I would vehemently argue with as it implies you could be coerced in to illegal or fraudulent activities - With that in mind, you may well find yourself on the receiving end of a sanction if you do not comply..

From the perspective of a potential employer (yes, I was on the receiving end of cold calls and speculative letters), all you will achieve is annoying local companies. If you must cold call, pick on companies you wouldn't want to work for and use the drone's phone to do it. You can also ring up the Ingeus HR department on 0207 265 3055 :razz:

Edited by citizenB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

..also remember that there's a bit in the DWP guidance rules that says 'the activity must be reasonable within the participant's circumstances', which can get you out of some of it - if for instance they want you to make the calls or emails from their office when you could do it perfectly well from home.

When I did 25 spec applications, I picked the companies nearest to where my bus stop is in town - no matter what business they were. Good as anything :)

I've got an appointment at the Job Centre tomorrow trying to get my JSAg changed.

My 'agreement' states emailing 10 and visiting 5 potential employers on spec each week and I'm having a hard time with one particular advisor at JC who keeps threatening sanctions for not doing so. He says I'm wasting his time by not doing it, I say he's wasting mine by forcing me to do it. (I find it very difficult just trying to find email addresses to contact)

When I produced a sheet with 20 email addresses I had written to on spec, he said I could have written anything down. I told him he was more than welcome to email any of those addresses himself and check up on me, to which he said 'I'm not likely to do that am i'

He said I'd agreed to the conditions of my JSAg, so I must do it. I told him I had agreed to no such thing and was forced to sign the agreement under threat of no benefits if I didn't. Anyway, as a result of further arguing I have an appointment to try and get my JSAg changed.

Now the funny thing is - and I still think 'on spec'ing is a waste of time - I received a phone call the other day from one of these companies I contacted and have an interview tomorrow 50 mins before my JC appointment.

I've no idea what sort of position I'm being interviewed for (varied work experience on CV), but I'm really surprised to get that response. Out of the previous 36 on spec emails I've sent, Only 5 have replied, with ..'no jobs a.t.m, we'll keep your CV on file'

@MacMcGann - When the WP mentioned writing on spec to a ridiculous number of potential employers each week, I told THEM there was no chance in hell I'd be doing that - dream on. I never heard anything from it. My Job Centre doesn't seem to care what WP are up to as long as I'm sticking to my JSAg. When they ask about WP I tell them what a complete waste of time it is and they just smile

Edited by stikky62

Many thanks Mr.P, jasta11 & stikky62, sound advice as usual.

I'll make a note of the number Ingeus HR, I think that should be a mandatory cold call for all WP folk :-D

Edited by MacMcGann

Anyway, as a result of further arguing I have an appointment to try and get my JSAg changed.

On one occasion, a JCP+ adviser asked me questions like "Do you have internet at home ?", "How many times a week do you use the internet ?", "Do you search X, Y, Z web sites for jobs ?"... Ended up having "Daily internet searches and using X, Y, Z, & Meh sites and email N companies" added to my JSAg. Lesson learnt: Never answer leading questions that result in unacceptable terms.

Next time I had to draw up a JSAg (after a resign), I got to dictate the absolute minimum and avoided any/all questions about internet, email, or computers (Hey, I'm unemployed and fick. Wot do I no 'bout 'puters).

Edited by Mr.P

Good for you! I'm thinking of becoming Amish, then I won't have to use any technology anymore..trouble is, some technology actually IS useful!!

..part-time Amish perhaps? Especially when I have to visit JC or Ingeus..

Good for you! I'm thinking of becoming Amish, then I won't have to use any technology anymore..trouble is, some technology actually IS useful!!

For a religious group that eschews technology, they have one hell of a web presence and make great use of CNC machine tools. Side note: Waiting for a bank to open one morning in Shipshewana, I had to smirk as a young girl in full Amish dress made her way down the high street. On rollerblades and listening to her walkman drool.gif

Edited by Mr.P
No axe to grind.

For a religious group

THAT HAS BEEN CHANGED NOW FROM A RELIGIOUS CULT TO A RELIGIOUS GROUP

POST 3218

S'funny, I nearly edited my post to say if you're refering to a previous post that has since been edited, I apologise.

Still, no need to shout ;-)

scousereject, voluntary work can only be agreed for an organisation that is on the do-it voluntary website, for a charity or non profit making organisation so if it is a friends shop and they would normally expect to pay someone to undertake the tasks you could be treated as reciving a notional income for the hours you work (anything from 8 to 16 and the 16 would close your claim by the way), so your may be invited to attend a compliance interview or if fed back to the BC your claim could be suspended until you supply further infornation (e.g when did you start working there and how many hours worked each week).

FLUMPS

Who has the ultimate responsibility if a work placement has been made which was totally unacceptable. The benefit advisor, the work placement agent, or the shop being assigned to work for

I am talking of a benefit advisor not informing the work place adviser that the claimant was registered disabled and on crutches, and that the work place provider just sends a letter telling the claimant to report to xyz with no prior contact

I am going down the lines of risk assessments, management of health and safety at work regs etc

Edited by squaddie