Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So where does a provider focus? On the roles that are going to have the most impact for the most people?

I reckon that I’m safe in saying that it’s not a shocking revelation to most folk in this thread that in reality providers provide solutions on a majority-rules cost basis rather than the claimed provision of solutions that fit the individual client. Providers tend to be very coy in admitting their limitations in servicing their assigned client base to anyone, which is unhelpful for all concerned.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a £50 HMV voucher, I was going to buy a new Xbox game today...

My vouchers were declined!...

Iv'e read on a webpage that Deloitte have helped HMV out???

Does this mean that I now ask Ingeus for my money back? hahahahaha

Sadly not. But it does mean that potentially Deloitte stand to gain more than their administration fee from HMV’s demise.

...now I'm back at Ingeus, who send me appointments by text after office hours at 21.00, expecting me to arrive the next morning sharp at 9.00. Not the decency of a phone call to check when I'm available beforehand. I complained when I next attended but they just pass you around to the next advisor.

On one of the earlier pages in this forum, someone gave a link to the WP contract with the DWP (sorry can't recall which post it was, you'll have to check). In the contract, it said that in the case of a mandatory appointment (which they all are), the WP must notify the client IN WRITING and either post it to them, or hand it to them in person. This is under the heading of 'High Level 'Must Do' requirements so the DWP obviously mean it do be done this way and no other.

In addition, there is also an extra rule stating that if a letter is posted out to a client, 2 working days must pass before the client is deemed to have received the letter. In other words, if Ingeus post a letter to you on Monday, you are not classed as having received it until at least Wednesday - so they can't ask you to come in first thing next morning. All interesting stuff which we should all be reading and be aware of, to assert our rights.

On one of the earlier pages in this forum, someone gave a link to the WP contract with the DWP (sorry can't recall which post it was, you'll have to check). In the contract, it said that in the case of a mandatory appointment (which they all are), the WP must notify the client IN WRITING and either post it to them, or hand it to them in person. This is under the heading of 'High Level 'Must Do' requirements so the DWP obviously mean it do be done this way and no other.

In addition, there is also an extra rule stating that if a letter is posted out to a client, 2 working days must pass before the client is deemed to have received the letter. In other words, if Ingeus post a letter to you on Monday, you are not classed as having received it until at least Wednesday - so they can't ask you to come in first thing next morning. All interesting stuff which we should all be reading and be aware of, to assert our rights.

Interesting. I received a text one time at 9am on Monday for an appointment on 9am on Tuesday.

Two useful links to DWP docs:

This one is generic guidance covering anumber of DWP contracts and programmes:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/framework-generic-guidance.shtml

This one is specifically about the Work Programme:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/work-programme-provider.shtml

From time to time the guidance is updated.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/archive.shtml

The site contains a useful search functionality which can save wading through a lot of verbiage.

I received a letter in the post over a week ago…

Addressed to myself at my home address. The only people that know my home address are the job centre/Ingeus. Clients at Ingeus don’t know my address!!!...

I think I’ve upset someone, lol….Michael was my old Advisor, Mark my new one….

Dear Miss Brayde,

I am writing to complain about the behaviour of one of your advisers at Ingeus in Preston.

When I was in Ingeus on Thursday 3rd January 2013 just before closing time and I was sat with four other people at the computers job hunting when an advisor called ‘Michael W######S came over and sat with another advisor called ‘Mark. ‘Michael began to use foul language and use bad names to call a job seeker by the name of Richard Massey whom I know personally. Michael came over and said to Mark have you seen the email Richard Massey sent. ‘Mark said that he had and Michael then said I have sent a great reply back to him, you should read it. Michael also said that he had been on a website forum where Richard Massey has supposed to have been writing things about Ingeus and ‘Michael in particular?

‘Mark said that he had seen the email and ‘Michael asked him what he thought of it and ‘Mark said that he found it strange. ‘Michael then said yes he is a wan#er. ‘Michael was discussing ‘Richard Massey at great length and everyone on the computers could hear him. He was also sat with another advisor who was wearing a suit and glasses who must have heard what ‘Michael was saying?

I think this is a very bad way for your advisor to behave and I am disgusted at the language. I have head Michael speaking badly to other people in there and I think it should stop.

I have sent this letter anonymous as I don’t want to be singled out like that and be called by ‘Michael as I still have to go to Ingeus to get my benefits. I have sent a copy of this letter to Richard Massey as it is only fair that he knows what is being said about him.

I was given your name from the contact centre to write to as you are the main boss and hopefully you will sort It out.

Thank you for listening to my complaint.

Anon

:-o OMG Masso, I hope that your adviser is reading this forum and feels thoroughly ashamed of his actions and also of his fellow colleague.

Dispicable behaviour and something I loathe.

I also hope that the complaints procedure is something that is set in motion over this and also that you followit up with a personal complaint yourself.

Could be worth sending a copy to the JCP for it to be taken up via the customer service management to reprt to district office too.

:-o OMG Masso, I hope that your adviser is reading this forum and feels thoroughly ashamed of his actions and also of his fellow colleague.

Dispicable behaviour and something I loathe.

I also hope that the complaints procedure is something that is set in motion over this and also that you followit up with a personal complaint yourself.

Could be worth sending a copy to the JCP for it to be taken up via the customer service management to reprt to district office too.

Totally agree.

@flumps..

I actually found it quiet funny when I opened and read it. I'll be taking it into Ingeus when I'm in next...

I will ask Michael if he really did call me a W####ER! :lol:

To be fair I wouldn't engage with him. Just deal with it though the manager and don't give anyone a chance to get into a confrontation.

I have a £50 HMV voucher, I was going to buy a new Xbox game today...

My vouchers were declined!...

Iv'e read on a webpage that Deloitte have helped HMV out???

Does this mean that I now ask Ingeus for my money back? hahahahaha

If I were in your position, I'd have walked into HMV, chosen goods to the value of the voucher, left it on the counter in front of the cashier regardless that they are declining to accept them, and exited with the merchandise.

They've already had payment in advance.

My new Advisor seems really nice, he phoned me at 7pm tonight to discuss a job opportunity at Pontins. I have no problems with him, we've put the past behind us....

Congratulations, they're not all xxxx'ers, some do 'seem' really nice (time will tell:-) ).

I think I'd have a slight problem with them ringing at 7pm though. That's outside working hours for the unemployed - wtf!! lol

Dreading going here on tomorrow -.- Especially with the predicted snowfall! No one can quite relay their disgust with this place, and many (not all) who work there. Last time I was waiting to be seen, there was an advisor chatting on the phone with someone who was clearly taking details off of them about where they just secured employment. After the conversation, she hangs up the phone, punches the air with her first and declares 'YES!!'...Now call me suspicious but I hardly doubt that outburst of joy was for the wonderful news that the individual in question secured employment (good luck to them...they'll need it if ingeus are badgering them for the next 24 months even after they land a job) and it was more for the fat bonus she secured for herself. whether she did help the individual (doubtful) in getting the job or not, that was pretty Disgusting. Further highlights that we are mere prized cattle to these people.

Dreading going here on tomorrow -.- Especially with the predicted snowfall! No one can quite relay their disgust with this place, and many (not all) who work there. Last time I was waiting to be seen, there was an advisor chatting on the phone with someone who was clearly taking details off of them about where they just secured employment. After the conversation, she hangs up the phone, punches the air with her first and declares 'YES!!'...Now call me suspicious but I hardly doubt that outburst of joy was for the wonderful news that the individual in question secured employment (good luck to them...they'll need it if ingeus are badgering them for the next 24 months even after they land a job) and it was more for the fat bonus she secured for herself. whether she did help the individual (doubtful) in getting the job or not, that was pretty Disgusting. Further highlights that we are mere prized cattle to these people.

I though advisors were just payed a set salary, ars they paid bonuses when 1 gets a job? And say a client leaves ther new job on as month or so, are they triggered back to their old advisor?

I though advisors were just payed a set salary, ars they paid bonuses when 1 gets a job? And say a client leaves ther new job on as month or so, are they triggered back to their old advisor?

Advisors are paid a set wage. Advisors who hit targets gain brownie points and can get a pay rise.

Bonuses aren't given to individual Advisors...

Normally if you leave a job, you will be referred back to your previous Advisor.

Edited by Masso

Thanks for those links, Bakatcha. In the 'Mandation' PDF guide, Chapter 3a, it confirms my earlier comments - I've underlined the relevant bits.

Method of sending the MAN

The MAN must be either handed directly or posted to the participant. If it is posted it is deemed to have been received on the second working day after posting (see above).

It is not acceptable to use electronic methods, such as text or email, to send the MANs to participants. However, it is acceptable to communicate electronically with participants to remind them of mandatory (or non mandatory) activities.

Next time they try to text you your next appointment, tell them they're in violation of DWP rules and that you'll report them to their manager AND the DWP. :)

Advisors are paid a set wage. Advisors who hit targets gain brownie points and can get a pay rise.

Bonuses aren't given to individual Advisors...

Normally if you leave a job, you will be referred back to your previous Advisor.

And does you old advisor check up in your file every now and then to see if your still working? Or is that someone else's job? Ad do your old advisors have to stay in contact with you?

Edited by G4C389

And does you old advisor check up in your file every now and then to see if your still working? Or is that someone else's job? Ad do your old advisor's have to stay in contact with you?

Well, when I got a got last March I was contacted by the head office...Basically to check how i was £££££ doing, and if i was still working lol...

Your Advisor will probably keep a check on you. Especially when you've been in a job for nearly 6 months. They will want you to hit 6 months, so they can claim the golden ticket (£££££££££££££££££££)

Thanks for those links, Bakatcha. In the 'Mandation' PDF guide, Chapter 3a, it confirms my earlier comments - I've underlined the relevant bits.

Method of sending the MAN

The MAN must be either handed directly or posted to the participant. If it is posted it is deemed to have been received on the second working day after posting (see above).

It is not acceptable to use electronic methods, such as text or email, to send the MANs to participants. However, it is acceptable to communicate electronically with participants to remind them of mandatory (or non mandatory) activities.

Next time they try to text you your next appointment, tell them they're in violation of DWP rules and that you'll report them to their manager AND the DWP. :)

That's quite right, a MAN must be sent in the manner specified. A non mandatory appointment can be arranged in a way that doesn't meet the MAN criteria. I would often send reminder messages to people, especially if they were regular non attenders but only if it'd been preceded by a MAN letter.

It may be that the appointment is non mandatory in which case there's no harm in asking if someone can come in the following day.

Check the address on file for you to make sure the MAN is being to the correct address. The JCP would often not inform us of any changes for a few weeks.