• Tweets

• might be best to start a new thread as its one of 5 you have?  
    • @jk2054 - I haven't started a claim with OIC or MIB yet, due to being unable to obtain the name of the other driver.  @BankFodder cheers for that, I'll go back to them with this info & update on here when I've had a response.
    • Andy thanks for your reply. No i am now being evicted from the house i moved into after that previous post. The letting agent lied to me when they said the landlord would not be selling the house. SHe did not mention that the landlord tried to sell the house last year, i was not told this, 4 months into the tenancy i got the eviction notice. Its obvious they lied to me and used me to fill in the gap between their attempts to sell the house. I have filled in the defence form as it was easy to follow the old one from my previous post. I will post it later on in the hope someone can give it the once over. It has to be in by the end of this month may 31st.  
    • It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know with many retail sites it's just online applying now, I also know that some like HMV ignore spec letters and just bin them, some companies when you apply on spec will advise you to use their online site

it all makes a lie (yet again) out of what the Ingeus, A4E and others claim

it doesn't help that some so-called advisers get people to send spec letters out a lot and claim this will help with the jobcentre to think you are looking for work

All this spec letter stuff is rubbish, occasionally yes it works but once in a blue moon. The pimps advocate this and spec phone calls because they have nothing to offer job wise.

Employers have taken advantage of the situation and are making candidates jump through hoops for the most basic menial jobs, there are too many candidates for the jobs available, and until this changes everyone will continue on the merry-go-round.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All this spec letter stuff is rubbish, occasionally yes it works but once in a blue moon. The pimps advocate this and spec phone calls because they have nothing to offer job wise.

Employers have taken advantage of the situation and are making candidates jump through hoops for the most basic menial jobs, there are too many candidates for the jobs available, and until this changes everyone will continue on the merry-go-round.

Employers and pimps both make you leap through hoops to get most jobs and they ask for a lot even for basic positions now, the pimps don't help as they just want to get the money from you being employed, the pimps are good at lies though and bullying tactics

I know with many retail sites it's just online applying now, I also know that some like HMV ignore spec letters and just bin them, some companies when you apply on spec will advise you to use their online site

it all makes a lie (yet again) out of what the Ingeus, A4E and others claim

it doesn't help that some so-called advisers get people to send spec letters out a lot and claim this will help with the jobcentre to think you are looking for work

Of course, if you want to indulge the Clerks, what you can do is combine a standard letter within a mailmerge database (containing job titles, names and addresses of employers), and literally print out a few thousand standard letters plus photocopy a few thousand CV's on site. And, after collating each, place each in a separate envelope with transparent address window, and dump the lot on the clerks desk for posting out.

Of course, if you want to indulge the Clerks, what you can do is combine a standard letter within a mailmerge database (containing job titles, names and addresses of employers), and literally print out a few thousand standard letters plus photocopy a few thousand CV's on site. And, after collating each, place each in a separate envelope with transparent address window, and dump the lot on the clerks desk for posting out.

indulging them isn't the best as they've tried to get me to go for jobs I have no interest in, belittle me and try to lie that p-t work is feasible

I've adapted a Subject Access Request template used for bank charges to make it appplicable to the DWP & WP

[Your Name, Address, & NI Number]

[Your Jobcentre Address}

Dear Sir/Madam

In accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998)

I require you to supply me with all personal data held by the Jobcentre - the Data Controller, and every third-party Data Processor appointed by you including any Work Programme prime contractor, their subcontractors, or any other employment training or similar organisation in any way related to my claim for benefits

This data is to include, but is not limited to -

Records and documents relating to my history of benefit claim/s or National Insurance number.

LMS, PRaP or other system documents or records, whether held on paper, digital, or other storage format.

Emails, postal correspondences or telephone logs; including those with any third-party to my benefit claim.

Records of all Jobcentre, Work Programme provider, or other advisor notes and details of meetings attended.

Details of all past, present, or prospective employers contacted in any capacity, and by what means the contact was made, and the reason for contact.

You have 40 days in which to comply with this legally enforceable request under The Data Protection Act

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

Please feel free to adapt the format or content to improve the chances of getting all the information requested, and as Bakatcha pointed out, this can be sent to the DWP Free of charge

Make sure you send your letter via recorded delivery and track/print a copy of the recipient's signature via the Royal Mail website as evidence of postage in case you need to threaten them with a court order to disclose.

*Edited to include specific mention of PRaP system records in SAR letter*

who do i complain to as they have not complied with my request? The letter i received from the data protection officer at my local job centre stated i would need to contact ingeus and ATS to request what i require. It is my 3rd SAR to the job centre and now i wish to take matters further by reporting them.

who do i complain to as they have not complied with my request? The letter i received from the data protection officer at my local job centre stated i would need to contact ingeus and ATS to request what i require. It is my 3rd SAR to the job centre and now i wish to take matters further by reporting them.

First off, be sure that you have sent your SARs to the right place - it sounds to me like you have, but I only know a little about the DPA. Assuming this is indeed the case, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office to take the matter further.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

:Subject Access Requests:

Well according to the form (that I keep forgetting about) on the Work n Pensions site, the correct address is one's nearest Work n Pensions office.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

Can't remember when they last replied within forty days, it's usually nearer sixty, but we've always had a response via our local benefit delivery centre. They've even given me a direct address (for our area) to write to.

I've never tried subject access via a jobcentre. Maybe they're less 'tuned in'.

Margaret.

I have been trying since the beginning of October to get a satisfactory response to my SAR. It was to the DWP who attempted to prolong the process by requiring their own form (SANTA01) to be completed - which I did. I then received a computer print out (which I didn't request), no copies of notes, letters, forms or e-mails (apparently there are none!) which I did request, and no info at all from A4e (the data processor). I made a formal complaint to the DWP (no real response but you need to do this if you're going to the ICO). I received a letter from the data processor (A4e) with their form (7 pages!) and a demand for £10 and 2 forms of ID. I have not completed A4e's form.

I believe that the information held by the data processor (in my case A4e) should be available by sending a SAR to the Data Controller (DWP) and IT SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY TO MAKE A SEPERATE SAR FOR EVERY DATA PROCESSOR - after all there could be many pimps and sub-pimps in the data chain. There is only one data controller and this should mean something!

I have made a complaint to the ICO and I await developments.

Edited by Bakatcha

Quick someone...give me a brandy...a large one!

After finishing my brief course at Learning Links, I had an appointment back at Ingeus today - 'group session' - and basically it was some guy telling us we were now on the Routeways part of the course and that it would involve more training, etc - same old rubbish, though now we can be summoned there anytime between 8:30am and 6:30pm as these are classed as 'normal' work hours in the real world!

This is the worst bit; someone asked him what happened after the 2 years were up and he replied that we would go back to the Jobcentre for 6 months...then be back with Ingeus for 2 more years...then back at Jobcentre for 6 months....then back at Ingeus for 2 years. A 7-year program!!!! After that he wasn't sure what would happen.

Maybe Flumps, Rebecca or another of our very helpful DWP members could shed some clarity on this? (And hopefully reassure us all the guy was talking total rubbish). If it's true it's horrific!

Quick someone...give me a brandy...a large one!

After finishing my brief course at Learning Links, I had an appointment back at Ingeus today - 'group session' - and basically it was some guy telling us we were now on the Routeways part of the course and that it would involve more training, etc - same old rubbish, though now we can be summoned there anytime between 8:30am and 6:30pm as these are classed as 'normal' work hours in the real world!

This is the worst bit; someone asked him what happened after the 2 years were up and he replied that we would go back to the Jobcentre for 6 months...then be back with Ingeus for 2 more years...then back at Jobcentre for 6 months....then back at Ingeus for 2 years. A 7-year program!!!! After that he wasn't sure what would happen.

Maybe Flumps, Rebecca or another of our very helpful DWP members could shed some clarity on this? (And hopefully reassure us all the guy was talking total rubbish). If it's true it's horrific!

Are you now on the Vocational Routeways part of the Work Programme ? Ingeus have the option of sending candidates onto

i) a Personal Routeways (ie Group Session) to Vocational Routeway,

or

ii) a Vocational Routeway to Personal Routeway,

and it is a throw of the dice where you end up.

Given that the Work Programme figures are horrendous, it is possible that, when candidates finish the 2 years, and once they are returned to the Job Centre, JCP may invoke whatever Job Seekers Direction they consider appropriate - including requiring candidates to do Mandatory Work Experience. However, the Work Programme is a temporary measure, and I think unlikely to be continued after the next General Election - if Labour are returned to Government, they may introduce something along similar lines, but through which Third Sector Organisations (who have expressed the view that they were dealt a bad hand by the Work Programme Primes) would be given a larger role.... in the DWP Select Committee hearing this morning, for example, a number of charities dealing with ex offenders, candidates with alcohol/abuse issues, single parents etc suggested that such candidates, including Qualified Professionals, should be assigned different options.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=12445

The 7 year suggested time frame is pure baloney - the Work Programme is only a 5 year contract.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Spelling Mistake

Thanks for the very prompt reply, Rebecca - I know I'm on SOME 'Routeways' program but what it is I'm not sure; there were a lot of us at the appointment and the guy just skipped very briefly through what it would involve, which was mainly further training to get NVQ, Sage, etc (which I already have) and applying for every job under the sun.

Glad to hear the 7-year bit is wrong..hopefully Ingeus won't even be around by then.

Thanks again for your clarification.

Thanks for the very prompt reply, Rebecca - I know I'm on SOME 'Routeways' program but what it is I'm not sure; there were a lot of us at the appointment and the guy just skipped very briefly through what it would involve, which was mainly further training to get NVQ, Sage, etc (which I already have) and applying for every job under the sun.

Glad to hear the 7-year bit is wrong..hopefully Ingeus won't even be around by then.

Thanks again for your clarification.

I think the Personal Routeways option is delivered in-house, but Vocational Routeway is delivered through a Sub Contractor.

If you already possess the skills, and if you consider any training (such as Learn Direct Modules, Sage etc) to be superfluous, and which do not add to your existing skill set, then you may be able to negotiate your way out. Others will clarify this - but, if you complete any Training Module through Learn Direct, this may lead to Ingeus claiming some money from the taxpayer. All fair and well if you dont possess the skills, but tantamount to fraud if you are required to participate within a Module, but do not need to do so.

Within the DWP Select Committee this morning, a female witness cited the case of a Qualified Teacher who, through the Work Programme, was sidelined to a Food and Hygiene Course in order to apply for the job of a ... Dinner Lady.

After the Vocational Routeway and Personal Routeway Options, which should be completed early during Year 2, there will be other options... however, the Tender Document is sparse on detail.

If you are interested in additional training.... try the FE Colleges. Some part time and evening courses will be available, requiring only a modest 3 hour commitment per week, and which are free if the recipient is in receipt of JSA or other benefits.

if you complete any Training Module through Learn Direct, this may lead to Ingeus claiming some money from the taxpayer. All fair and well if you dont possess the skills, but tantamount to fraud if you are required to participate within a Module, but do not need to do so.

I'll let you decide, Rebecca; I have 35+years admin experience - ex-Civil Service, ex-Local Govt, costing manager, credit controller, legal work, etc and Ingeus sent me to Learning Links to 'further my skills' by attending a - wait for it - 7 day course on Business Administration! I think the word 'unnecessary' is rather an understatement here :)

No problems with Learning Links - not their fault I was sent there and they were really decent people, even they agreed I'd learn nothing new.

are these learndirect courses worth it? I completed an ECDL and a NVQ which is worth it but they wanted me to do a basic sounding maths and English - I went originally due to Ingeus which is why many go

I have previous experience in word and admin though

are these learndirect courses worth it? I completed an ECDL and a NVQ which is worth it but they wanted me to do a basic sounding maths and English - I went originally due to Ingeus which is why many go

I have previous experience in word and admin though

Follow the money!!!!

Learn Direct get paid from European Social Fund money. They pay a commission to the pimp for everyone sent to them for an ESF funded course. This is a good earner for the pimp since each candidate completing a course is worth £1300 to them! (lower amounts for partially completed courses). Since pimping is a business (government approved) and the object is to make as much money as possible there is an obvious temptation to send as many people as possible no matter how literate or numerate they already are!

This is not to say that the courses may not be worthwhile for some, but I would be very wary of any attempt to send me on such a course. I think you should be too.

Follow the money!!!!

Learn Direct get paid from European Social Fund money. They pay a commission to the pimp for everyone sent to them for an ESF funded course. This is a good earner for the pimp since each candidate completing a course is worth £1300 to them! (lower amounts for partially completed courses). Since pimping is a business (government approved) and the object is to make as much money as possible there is an obvious temptation to send as many people as possible no matter how literate or numerate they already are!

This is not to say that the courses may not be worthwhile for some, but I would be very wary of any attempt to send me on such a course. I think you should be too.

ECDL and NVQ are worthwhile(hopefully) but basic courses are a waste of time for me but not them in terms of money

It does seem like the pimps have it made with how many different ways to make money and not being held accountable when they suck at their job, have terrible success rates and terrible in general as they fail so many people

PS - mods, is there many words to avoid?

are these learndirect courses worth it? I completed an ECDL and a NVQ which is worth it but they wanted me to do a basic sounding maths and English ugh

Chester, the Level 2 Business Admin course I did (7 days) may sound a grand title but at no point did anyone do any ACTUAL admin work! First couple of days were simple reading about H&S, Employment Legislation, Ethnic & Diversity, Conservation, etc. NO practical work. Then there were some mulit-choice tests which was the actual 'exam' - all very basic.

Next few days were spent simply discussing office procedures ; how to use a fax, organise meetings etc, - again NO practical assignments. Followed by more multi-choice tests. You'll end up with a qualification in a subject without ever having actually done it practically. It's a theoretical qualification at best and, if you have prior admin skills - which you and me both have - it's really totally pointless and does not enhance employability in the slightest. If you went on a bricklaying course, you'd expect to actually lay bricks at some point, wouldn't you :)

Interesting what Bakatcha posted; that Ingeus get paid for sending people on courses - I thought they might. I think I'll contact the DWP with a view to a fraud or malpractice investigation into Ingeus. They seem to have sent me on a totally useless course (in my case) purely to suit their own ends.

May I say again it wasn't the fault of the people at Learninging Links; I was treated extremely well while I did the course. I believe they only teach up to Level 2 so if you have an NVQ 3 in anything, they probably won't be able to get you on a course. Hope this helps.

PS - mods, is there many words to avoid?

Not quite sure what you mean. We prefer folks to keep the tone polite and civil, and we're not mad keen of foul language. Also, of course, remarks that are libelous or otherwise could get us in legal trouble. Is there something specific you were concerned about?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Chester, the Level 2 Business Admin course I did (7 days) may sound a grand title but at no point did anyone do any ACTUAL admin work! First couple of days were simple reading about H&S, Employment Legislation, Ethnic & Diversity, Conservation, etc. NO practical work. Then there were some mulit-choice tests which was the actual 'exam' - all very basic.

Next few days were spent simply discussing office procedures ; how to use a fax, organise meetings etc, - again NO practical assignments. Followed by more multi-choice tests. You'll end up with a qualification in a subject without ever having actually done it practically. It's a theoretical qualification at best and, if you have prior admin skills - which you and me both have - it's really totally pointless and does not enhance employability in the slightest. If you went on a bricklaying course, you'd expect to actually lay bricks at some point, wouldn't you :)

Interesting what Bakatcha posted; that Ingeus get paid for sending people on courses - I thought they might. I think I'll contact the DWP with a view to a fraud or malpractice investigation into Ingeus. They seem to have sent me on a totally useless course (in my case) purely to suit their own ends.

May I say again it wasn't the fault of the people at Learninging Links; I was treated extremely well while I did the course. I believe they only teach up to Level 2 so if you have an NVQ 3 in anything, they probably won't be able to get you on a course. Hope this helps.

ECDL was a lot of reading and some questions plus practical stuff

the NVQ was tied to a placement as I am tired of placements that don't help so I thought a practical based NVQ may make a difference but that was used by learndirect to make money ( I didn't care as I hoped it would help) NVQ 2 - Customer services, the Learndirect side was a mess due to tutor changes, people not knowing what was going and (ironically) terrible customer service

I have prior admin from college which was 92-94 and things haven't changed much as technology is similar and so are phones etc

I agree totally - I keep getting told to 'keep my skills current' and I always reply 'Apart from the introduction of computers and the internet (for which I already have 6 qualifications up to level 3) NOTHING has changed in office work this century; it's still the same old pen-pushing it always was, so exactly what skill do I need to update'???

Doing my own stuff at home often involves more complex 'office work' than an actual job; the business of job-hunting itself involves considerable admin skill, as we all know. In that sense, every one of us here is a skilled administrator.

They can never give me a sensible answer to this. As usual, they're just being seen to be doing something - especially if they get a payment for it.

Edited by jasta11

I agree totally - I keep getting told to 'keep my skills current' and I always reply 'Apart from the introduction of computers and the internet (for which I already have 6 qualifications up to level 3) NOTHING has changed in office work this century; it's still the same old pen-pushing it always was, so exactly what skill do I need to update'???

Doing my own stuff at home often involves more complex 'office work' than an actual job; the business of job-hunting itself involves considerable admin skill, as we all know. In that sense, every one of us here is a skilled administrator.

They can never give me a sensible answer to this. As usual, they're just being seen to be doing something - especially if they get a payment for it.

If they didn't keep sending people on placement and basic courses that many don't actually need ( I know of many who get sent on basic maths and english which is what I am thinking of) then there wouldn't be anything they could do to look like they are actually making a difference and the placements are just something to tick off rather then something many actually need, I know of someone who was looking for mechanic/garage work and got stuck in a charity shop and that was totally wrong for her job seeking needs but easy for the placement providers

According to popular myth, Building Contractors used to visit Building Site to Building Site, finding work on spec.... that has changed over recent decades, and even for retail jobs, the task of securing a job is more difficult than simply walking into a shop and handing in a CV.

Talking of CVs my friend who now attends ingeus said that his advisor on one appointment said to hand CVs in the area (a big shop area) and then to come back on and tell her what shops he had handed them in to, he refused and he said her good mood soon went as she said oh alright just e-mail me them then, he wants to know what this was about. And what's better out if personal and vocational routeways?

Ingeus just makes me feel depressed my adviser treats me like rubbish puts me on jobs which i won't even last a day on, keeps putting me on the most boring workshops(she actually tried to put me on for every single workshop they did). If i could do the jobs they are asking me to do i wouldn't be on ESA..... And she hands my number companies who are probably attached to ingeus setting me up with interviews which again i won't be able to do. They send me on interviews with out even telling me what the role is, these people are so frustrating they shouldn't be aloud to run the way they do.

Are the mock interviews compulsory?

I have one in a few weeks and I really don't want to go to it. I'm at college four days a week and spend every night applying for jobs and yet I'm STILL at the stage where I'm being made to attend all these mock interviews and CV building days. I've been on the Jobcentre since February and since then I've had three CV building sessions, a two day job fair, two confidence building workshops and now two mock interviews. The first mock interview was straight after I arrived at Ingeus so it wasn't that big a deal for me but I'm not missing a day of college just to travel down on a smelly bus for an hour in a shirt and tie for a bloody mock interview. I've already had a bunch of successful interviews (two to get into college, one for a seasonal job at Butlins and one at Teleperformance that I later turned the job down for because I couldn't meet the hours) so it's not like I need any further help. I'm so ****ed off that I'm getting made to do all these things, and I'm sick of them asking me "so what jobs have you applied for?". I spend all my time on Gumtree, Universal Jobmatch, Indeed and other websites and there's no way I'm going to sit there and repeat them all back to you when I've just went and done the same thing for the Jobcentre!

Ugh! Someone please tell me I don't need to do this mock interview?

I was told that I had to go and do a mock interview some months ago with Ingeus and was told to dress appropriately for an interview, well, I went in a T-shirt with skulls and studs, a leather biker jacket and jeans, they also said that the interview was going to be video recorded.

I attended and told them that I was not going to be filmed, the interveiwer said it was policy, so I told him that there was not going to be an interview then, he went out of the room to speak to his supervisor, came back and said it was ok, no mention to my attire, yes I was being awkward but why should they tell you how to dress, (he didn't ask if I had interview clothes) and what right do these people think they have to film you during a mock interview.

I can understand why they might want to look back on it to improve tecniques.

If you want your u/b you have to tick the boxes and go along with what they ask, you could plead your case and explain that you are competent with interview skills.

good luck.