THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble is locotus, nit's love nice clean hair!

Nit's jump from dirty, greasy hair, onto their lovely clean new hosts...

The parent's that are caring, ensure that their children are clean and healthy;

walk into any decent family bathroom (obviously one with young children) and one will find, nit comb; anti-nit shampoo's; family pack's of worm tablet's etc.

Cleanliness, come from the home,

as does common decency.

Parent's should teach their children to be polite and clean from an early age.

Unfortunately, some parent's just do not care?

Letting their children run amock;

the same children end up as asbos's:)

Never having had a chance in life:(

If the parent's cannot control their children, who else can instill the basic rules of life and decency, but teachers; dedicated teachers that is.

My daughter's school has a nit nurse and if she finds any we all get a letter home that night saying that a child in the class has nits and to check and treat if necessary.

I use Vosene Kids Head Lice Repellent shampoo, and she's never had them yet. (I know, famous last words.) Have you tried that one, locutus? You don't see it everywhere.

Tried, along side tea tree oil, vinegar, other repelants... I think the only cure is the one SOD'EM said

Or you could just give every kid in the country a hairdo like this.

bald_big.jpg

Problem solved:p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Here comes half-glass-full Bookie: Because my son goes to a special school, 1/2 kids in the class, and because autistic kids tend not to have close contact with one another, no nits!!!

(Other child who goes to college, on the other hand... :mad:)

and I have always hated this forced 'outing' that started so many years ago now.

The 'out' squad was led, for a time at least, by Peter Tatchell who fought the 1983 Bermondsey by-election, probably the dirtiest in British History. Tatchell, who is gay, had a rough time of it - posters with his and the Queen's head on and the words 'which Queen would you vote for?' were circulated, LibDem canvassers wore badges saying 'I've been kissed by Peter Tatchell' and Tatchell himself received numerous death threats.

The irony of it all was the this by election was won by Simon Hughes who himself was gay but had only admitted this years later.

I could never understand the 'out' squad either for behaving in a way that I'm sure they would have criticised the 'gutter press' for.

It's a strange old world.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

P1

I really admire you for doing that job. :)

The fact that any parent could object to being told their child has nits and consider it 'abuse' is ludicrous. Presumably they'd prefer the whole class got it, rather than deal with it. Their poor children. :(

The point I was trying to make was that big money does need to be spent at schools. Someone needs to do it and bite the bullet otherwise the percentage of unemployable people living on the state will increase every year.

I enjoy the job and love working with challenging kids... it's just the hoops teachers need to jump through in order to do the job. That's what gets to me... Rather than bring in measures to deal with unruly behaviour, the expectation is that teachers have to control the class. It would be funny it wasn't so alarming. The number of social "disorders" :roll: that exist nowadays mean that you're walking on eggshells most of the time because the school doesn't want any comeback.

My class (Yr. 11s) have run rings around other teachers in the school, but are good with me because of the relationship we've built up.... but that's not without discipline and it takes time. Ofsted haven't got a clue what it takes.... :mad:

I agree with you that money needs to be spent on schools but thousands gets chucked at schools as it is. It needs to be be spent responsibly and properly. We recently had 2 vice principals fly out on a freebie to Ghana recently to build relations. WTF?! :confused: Two few people are paid too much money to do b*gger all, it seems.

As for the nits.... these seem to be more rife in primary than secondary but there are parents out there who won't/can't afford to spend money on products to deal with it anyway. :(

Trouble is locotus, nit's love nice clean hair!

Nit's jump from dirty, greasy hair, onto their lovely clean new hosts...

I saw a programme on tv not all that long ago and the above is bunk. It was a tale started to bring the problem out into the open and by associating nits with dirty heads was going to keep it under wraps as no one wanted the shame of being thought to not wash their hair and which children, being what they are, wouldn't mix with someone who didn't wash.

I think it was a clever piece of propaganda, I can just imagine a bragging kid saying to another "have you got nits"? "no" "huh, I have".

I saw a programme on tv not all that long ago and the above is bunk. It was a tale started to bring the problem out into the open and by associating nits with dirty heads was going to keep it under wraps as no one wanted the shame of being thought to not wash their hair and which children, being what they are, wouldn't mix with someone who didn't wash.

I think it was a clever piece of propaganda, I can just imagine a bragging kid saying to another "have you got nits"? "no" "huh, I have".

Seen that myself, and I have been trying to find some evidence of it on the net. I beleive that nits are more likely to go to clean hair because it is easier for the eggs and larvae to cling on.

So the greasier/dirtier the hair, the better when it comes to keeping nits away.

I don't have to worry anymore, because I have got a head like a smacked a**e. :)

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

From what I've seen / read it matters not how clean the head is.

Personally I keep my hair 2 short for them, but the other 4 house members get them, and the only effective way is to get rid of them all at once.

No replants work in my experience, the chemicals do work to kill them, but on the instructions, you should only do that once every 3 months.

Bottom line, the only way children can keep clear of them is for all their friends to get rid of them aswell.

Anyway, from 1 type of parasite to another... whats happening in the world of politics? David Laws has been bitten by scandal, I'd like to believe he's a victim of trying to cover his private life up, and the little lies about his relationship he told escalated into a great big one. Still though, I wonder if he'd have made that mistake if it was £40,000 out of his pocket rather than into it....

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Nits and politics, there is a connection!

In 2006 MP's were banned from using Commons allowances to pay rent to family members or partners however, Mr laws continued claiming rent until June 2007. If Mr laws had just stopped doing this when the rules were made he could have avoided all this furore.

Edited by determindator

by locutus:

David Laws has been bitten by scandal, I'd like to believe he's a victim of trying to cover his private life up, and the little lies about his relationship he told escalated into a great big one. Still though, I wonder if he'd have made that mistake if it was £40,000 out of his pocket rather than into it....

Technically speaking though, David Laws was entiitled to the £950 per month allowance.

And we are all broad minded nowadays about people's sexuality, which is their business.

One would have thought that an ex-banker would be aware of the rules and regs, in general. After all, the rules re: claiming were changed in 2006, under GB; were they clear?

I cannot help but think that there is more to this than meets the eye?

Seen that myself' date=' and I have been trying to find some evidence of it on the net. I beleive that nits are more likely to go to clean hair because it is easier for the eggs and larvae to cling on.[/quote']

Yes, I remember my GP saying the same, when I took one of my blond daughters to him Re: Head Lice.

He prescribed some vile smelling lotion, which eventually killed the little blighters.

But, not after a struggle (apparently they burrow under the skin but lay their eggs in the hair)!

The whole family of four, had to use this odious embrocation.

I threw out all the pillows;

boil washed all the bed linen, towels etc.

This occured some years ago, but today the memory still makes my head, ITCH

Yes, conspiracy can come to mind, one to consider is some T's, thinking 1922 committee, want the position for somebody else and found a way to do it. Maybe also conservative in their views to allow a person who doesn't fit the 2.2 family unit ethos. Who knows, i'm repeating myself but the right's right, right.

by determindator:

In 2006 MP's were banned from using Commons allowances to pay rent to family members or partners however, Mr laws continued claiming rent until June 2007. If Mr laws had just stopped doing this when the rules were made he could have avoided all this furore.

Cannot understand, why he did not?

He didn't need the money and in any event, he was entitled to same.

How sad, if his only reason was to protect his family; the narrow minded shame of being classed as a, gay?

It is not as though, he is the only gay in Westminster!

by determindator:

Cannot understand, why he did not?

He didn't need the money and in any event, he was entitled to same.

How sad, if his only reason was to protect his family; the narrow minded shame of being classed as a, gay?

It is not as though, he is the only gay in Westminster!

Anyone else thinking of Daffyd from Little Britain?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

If he'd come completely clean to the House it might just have saved him - I wish I'd tried it: By Jonathan Aitken

Last updated at 1:13 AM on 30th May 2010

Jonathan Aitken gives a telling insight into the trauma of resignation

I am shocked but not surprised that David Laws has resigned. He must be having a difficult and lonely weekend. I know, for I have been where he was – a Chief Secretary to the Treasury engulfed in a scandal.

wThe initial Westminster reaction to the Laws exposé appears to be more sorrowful than judgmental. There was little or no appetite, even on the Opposition benches, for taking the scalp of a capable new Minister who had made an impressive debut.

Yet David Cameron was right to be cautious in his response to the revelations. For there were complex issues raised by this personal drama which revolve around three interlocking questions of credibility, competence and confidence.

The credibility issue is personal. Will the public think that this is yet another ‘nose in the trough’ instalment of the long-running Westminster expenses scandal?

Or should we feel special sympathy for David Laws’s explanation that he covered up the facts because he was scared of being ‘outed’ in his private life.

The latter view is quite a stretch. For there is virtually no serious criticism these days of politicians who have same-sex relationships in their personal lives.

This particular relationship was well-known on the Westminster circuit. So why the great need for concealment?

Perhaps what was really being concealed by Laws was his hubristic error of judgment that this was a grey area of unethical claiming which would never see the light of day.

I understand such hubris, having been guilty of it myself in the saga of the Ritz hotel bill.

But in a world where scrutiny and expected standards of parliamentarians is far tougher than it was when I sinned at the Ritz 15 years ago, surely Laws was being over optimistic (to put it politely) if he thought his cosy rental arrangements would never come to light.

The second area of concern relates to Laws’s future competence to do the job of Chief Secretary. The worries here may have been the main reason why he had to resign, for the job of Chief Secretary is one of the most pivotal roles in government.

You need industry and concentration to master the details in myriad opaque Whitehall budgets.

Then you require an iron political will to be the abominable no-man and axeman of public expenditure. The hardest quality to develop is the aura of authority which enables you and the Treasury to win the crucial battles against spending Ministers.

These battles take place before an all-powerful secret Cabinet committee officially known by the initials EDX (nicknamed the ‘star chamber’).

I used to prepare for up to 15 hours a day before the meetings of EDX. For the Chief Secretary is in effect the chief prosecuting counsel in this Whitehall court room of public expenditure judgment.

To win your case to set spending budgets at the correct levels, you need to brief yourself exhaustively and argue persuasively.

Such undistracted preparations are essential if you are to convince the EDX jury of senior Cabinet colleagues and then defend the verdicts before Parliament and public opinion.

David Laws looked highly competent to fulfil these roles. But, through a self-inflicted wound, his authority was damaged.

In the public expenditure jungle, once a Chief Secretary is limping he’s done for. If his authority haemorrhages away, the spending Ministers and their officials will scent blood and exploit weakness.

If Laws himself had been personally distracted by the pressures on him, the weaknesses would have increased. This year of all years, the Treasury team needs to be strong enough to repel all boarders if our broken public finances are to be repaired.

So a sudden ebbing of confidence in Laws as the guardian of public expenditure would have had the potential to do great harm to the Government in these critical three weeks before the June 22 Budget – unless the damage could have been repaired swiftly. Unfortunately, that seemed unlikely.

Now this task is in the hands of a man who five years ago was Press officer for the Cairngorms National Park. It will be an awesome prospect for Danny Alexander. I wish him well – and hope he’s up to it.

Read more: If he'd come completely clean to the House it might just have saved him - I wish I'd tried it | Mail Online