THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum used to smack us on the legs......ok, me more than the others, but it has done me no harm whatsoever. :DJB

If anything, it helped me in life.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem now, is that there is very little discipline.

When I was a child, you had to learn you tables off by heart;

if you didn't then you be in BIG Trouble. Once time's tables have been grasped, there is no need for all the counting on fingers, thay we see now!

Also, children were not allowed to progress to joined up writing until, they had mastered how to print correctly.

I personally, do not agree with smacking children. But, there has to be rules and rules that must be followed.

That' easily solved, you can always 'beat' that into them :)

Not at school, you can't. Teachers need to get parental permission for detentions beyond 10 mins., if you touch/grab a child for whatever reason, you can get accused of assault.... and the most ridiculous one I've come across in recent months is.... if you ring a parent to let them know their cherub has nits, that can be seen as "abuse" :rolleyes:

Personally, I've ignored most of the so-caled PC rules and followed common sense..... ;)

Oh dear, a high profile Lib politician caught with his hand in the kitty for 9 years! :eek: £40, 000 is NOT loose change!

It is to him, he's a multi millionaire.

Just how greedy and stupid is that?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Sounds like pride before a fall, Fred:

BBC News - Colleagues heap praise on David Laws after resignation

"According to the newspaper, between 2004 and 2007, Mr Laws claimed between £700 and £950 a month to sub-let a room in a flat in Kennington, south London, from his secret long-term partner, lobbyist James Lundie.

Since 2006, Parliamentary rules have banned MPs from "leasing accommodation from a partner".

Edited by angry cat

What an idiot the man is (was). It's not as if he needed the money.

If he wanted to keep quiet about his sexuality, fine. It isn't relevant to his job, and I have always hated this forced 'outing' that started so many years ago now. I remember how the 'out' squad bullied poor Nigel Hawthorne into coming out when he was about to get an Oscar (I think, or at least got nominated) for the Madness of King George.

Some gay people just get on with their lives, going out as a normal couple to supper with the neighbours, and so on. They don't want their personal lives all over the red tops - just like most heterosexual couples wouldn't want it either.

Laws' sex life is nobody's business but his, and it's astonishing that this stupid 'saving' of £40,000 for a very rich man has led him to this. He wouldn't be in his current position if he'd paid his way, as he could easily have afforded to do.

P1

I really admire you for doing that job. :)

The fact that any parent could object to being told their child has nits and consider it 'abuse' is ludicrous. Presumably they'd prefer the whole class got it, rather than deal with it. Their poor children. :(

The point I was trying to make was that big money does need to be spent at schools. Someone needs to do it and bite the bullet otherwise the percentage of unemployable people living on the state will increase every year.

A friend of mine is feeling very, very upset at the moment. Our local borough is so over-subscribed for primary school places her daughter who is four and starting in September has been allocated a not-very-good school which has to take in an extra reception class and put it in a portakabin in the playground. If they are bringing in this extra 'accommodation' then surely it would make sense to split the classes into those who can speak English and those who can't and teach them separately until the non-English speakers can actually speak English?

Greed and stoopidity are essential elements of a politician :|

BB you forgot to mention, ex investment banker?

What a silly man; I feel sorry for his family:)

Clearly, Laws did not need the money!

What on earth, was he thinking off?

Edited by angry cat
spelling

by DD:

...surely it would make sense to split the classes into those who can speak English and those who can't and teach them separately until the non-English speakers can actually speak English?

Exactly, DD!

However, it appears as though 'Common Sense' is not followed?

God, all this talk of nits (head Lice) is making my head itch:(

Actually, I remember a time when my childrens school sent out letters to ALL parents Re: Head Lice.

To my knowledge, not one parent was offended, after all most kids get nits at some time or, other!

We get a leaflet every couple of weeks from my sons school. Not to say that there are nits in the school, but just a reminder to check your child every couple of weeks just in case.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Starting a whole new debate that really "Grinds my gears"

I've spent ages in time (3 to 4 hours every Friday and Sunday) and £100's in money over the 6 years that my daughters have been in school on anti-nit products, and still they come home with them... They'll be free of them for the holidays and infested within a week of going back to school. They send letters home, that the chav parents just ignore... I'm sure it's only 1 or 2 kids passing them, but the rest of us parents are outraged, and to top it all, my kids have been sent home as 2 of the 3 have fine blond hair and the nits are easily visible in their hair... they never have them for more than a week as the best method we've found of tackling them is to use loads of conditioner and nit comb their hair thoroughly whilst they're in the bath, change bedding and all that for all 3 on the same evening. That is a weekly chore done on a Friday and again on a Sunday, and it's rare that they have no nits as they just catch them immediately from school on Monday. I look forward to holidays as they will be free from the scratching :p

Letters are not enough, they need to bring back the "Nit Nurse"

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

My daughter's school has a nit nurse and if she finds any we all get a letter home that night saying that a child in the class has nits and to check and treat if necessary.

I use Vosene Kids Head Lice Repellent shampoo, and she's never had them yet. (I know, famous last words.) Have you tried that one, locutus? You don't see it everywhere.