THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if John Fingleton gets a bonus from the banks for saving their butts on the bank charges issue :razz:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

His salary would provide Incapacity Benefit for 50 people for a year.

Their justification is that they have to make the salaries comparable with the private sector. I'm hard pressed to think of a private version of the OFT...

OFT with his head, I say!!

:D

How very dare you!!! :shock:

BBA = British Bankers Association, whose mouthpiece is the less than delightful Thatcher clone Angela Knight.

Angela Knight!

Who likes Angela Knight, apart from the Financial Industry?

Not me; the mere sight of her, makes me enraged!!!

Hostile media joust with Knight

Bless. Members of the British Bankers' Association are feeling sorry for themselves. “We recently added up the number of television and radio interviews that have been given by the BBA in the last 12 months and it is nearly 700,” says chief executive Angela Knight. “About a dozen have been uncomfortable and two thirds downright hostile. In fact, when asked a nice question, we now assume that it is going to have a nasty twist to it.” Wonder why.

Hostile media joust with Knight

Bless. Members of the British Bankers' Association are feeling sorry for themselves. “We recently added up the number of television and radio interviews that have been given by the BBA in the last 12 months and it is nearly 700,” says chief executive Angela Knight. “About a dozen have been uncomfortable and two thirds downright hostile. In fact, when asked a nice question, we now assume that it is going to have a nasty twist to it.” Wonder why.

My gawd, you couldn't make it up if you tried, could you... What the f*** does she expect? :shock:

I've heard it all now, 'The cuts are coming you choose (us) which one's to make' The T's are so good at delegation it's the perfect situation. You can sit back and let everyone else do your job for you. That's the easy way to Govern as Mrs T advocated, I, she destroyed it, she invented it the non society. We await austerity.The difficult way to Govern is to look after the peoples' interest. BTW aren't the bankers making profits time for the Government to collect.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

:

Current City Minister Mark Hoban said: "Lord Myners has let the cat out of the bag and admitted what we have been arguing all along.

"This is just the latest blow to Labour's economic argument."[End Quote]

:

Current City Minister Mark Hoban said: "Lord Myners has let the cat out of the bag and admitted what we have been arguing all along.

Oh no, that can't be right. A former Labour Minister saying that savings could be made. Don't forget that this was a GLOBAL recession which would have been made much worse for this country were it not for Gordon's prudence. Gordon didn't waste a penny of our money. It was all somebody else's fault. We should all be eternally grateful to Gordon for the debt he left us, none of which was anything to do with him.

For those that missed it: atlast2-1.jpg

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

:

Why, though did Lord Myners go along with it all...?

Oh no, that can't be right. A former Labour Minister saying that savings could be made. Don't forget that this was a GLOBAL recession which would have been made much worse for this country were it not for Gordon's prudence. Gordon didn't waste a penny of our money. It was all somebody else's fault. We should all be eternally grateful to Gordon for the debt he left us, none of which was anything to do with him.

For those that missed it:

I find that picture to be horrible and totally in bad taste. Putting words in to a disabled childs mouth is neither funny or topical. I for one who has a disabled grandchild find it totally unacceptable. I suppose it tells us more about the poster than any of the other twaddle that they have posted

I don't think the picture is aimed at the fact his son is disabled, and I don't think that is a factor in the attempted humor, thus treating a differently abled child exactly the same as any other child, which in its own way is the equality that everybody wants.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I agree, it wasn't the disabled part (which I had forgotten about, tbh), it's the simple fact of using his wife and young children to heap scorn at the man that I find distasteful. The hypocrisy is especially breathtaking when I got lampooned for daring to use the words "Cameron" and "child molester" in a hypothetical stance higher in the thread, even though I was clearly stating that I didn't believe it. :-(

As rather typical of a Tory stance, it seems OK to treat different people very differently. :-(