THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not at all, I made it very clear on the contrary (re-read a couple of posts higher up) that you were perfectly entitled to rejoice about Brown's political demise. :-?

What I called "nasty" was the way you did it, by dragging his wife and children into it.

When Thatcher dies, you won't see me setting fire to pictures of Dennis, or throwing darts in Carol's and Mark's effigies.

I don't see double standards, far from it, I apply the same standards throughout. You on the other hand seem to find it difficult to grasp a very simple concept.

To give you another example, since that seems to be needed to get through: During the election campaign and afterwards, as you know, posters were thoroughly spoofed, as they are wont to do. Whilst I happily posted DC's "facts" poster (the one which reminds us of the votes of no confidence within his own party), I would NEVER have posted the ones that just called him a TW*T. Just plain insults are never clever nor funny, so quite pointless IMO.

Let's put it another way: you will NEVER see me post a doctored picture of Sam Cameron smiling at DC, but with a bubble saying "my god, but you ARE a tw*t", because that would be just out of order, full stop.

I do find it worrying that someone your age should need to be reminded and/or explained of where the boundaries are, though. :-(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, I made it very clear on the contrary (re-read a couple of posts higher up) that you were perfectly entitled to rejoice about Brown's political demise. :-?

What I called "nasty" was the way you did it, by dragging his wife and children into it.

When Thatcher dies, you won't see me setting fire to pictures of Dennis, or throwing darts in Carol's and Mark's effigies.

I don't see double standards, far from it, I apply the same standards throughout. You on the other hand seem to find it difficult to grasp a very simple concept.

To give you another example, since that seems to be needed to get through: During the election campaign and afterwards, as you know, posters were thoroughly spoofed, as they are wont to do. Whilst I happily posted DC's "facts" poster (the one which reminds us of the votes of no confidence within his own party), I would NEVER have posted the ones that just called him a TW*T. Just plain insults are never clever nor funny, so quite pointless IMO.

Let's put it another way: you will NEVER see me post a doctored picture of Sam Cameron smiling at DC, but with a bubble saying "my god, but you ARE a tw*t", because that would be just out of order, full stop.

I do find it worrying that someone your age should need to be reminded and/or explained of where the boundaries are, though. :-(

Ah well. Personally, I find the idea of celebrating somebody's death very distasteful, but that's your choice. I haven't criticised you for it - just for criticising me when in my view, your statement was much nastier than my spoof picture. It wasn't actually a spoof picture - and do you think the kids might have wondered why they were leaving? If so, what do you think Sarah Brown's reply would have been? It certainly wasn't "because Daddy won the election" was it?

Have a nice day. I've got some decorating to do.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Well, let's hope that DC's kids don't ask why are we moving IN then, because Sam's answer could hardly have been "because Daddy WON the election", could it? :razz:

Enjoy your decorating, I have a mum with a draft Statement of Special Educational Needs coming up soon for my input, her son needs to get out of mainstream school, the LEA are offering 15 hours "support". *sigh*

Ah well. Personally, I find the idea of celebrating somebody's death very distasteful, but that's your choice. I haven't criticised you for it - just for criticising me when in my view, your statement was much nastier than my spoof picture. It wasn't actually a spoof picture - and do you think the kids might have wondered why they were leaving? If so, what do you think Sarah Brown's reply would have been? It certainly wasn't "because Daddy won the election" was it?

Have a nice day. I've got some decorating to do.

I was unable to comment on this matter this morning, as I had to dash out.

However, I must say that I considered the comment was in very bad taste:(

You would. :rolleyes:

Bookie, as a matter of interest, do you look anything like your avatar? Before you ask, I don't look anything like mine. My ears are nowhere near that big.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Bookie, as a matter of interest, do you look anything like your avatar? Before you ask, I don't look anything like mine. My ears are nowhere near that big.

Fred

no-comment on the tail though I notice Fred :razz::lol:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

no-comment on the tail though I notice Fred :razz::lol:

I use that for dusting chandeliers.

Fred

No dear. I do have a bath and I do have books, and that's about as far as it goes. :-D

No dear. I do have a bath and I do have books, and that's about as far as it goes. :-D

No worms then?

Actually, no.

A lot more people than you seem aware of, all of them very decent people, upstanding citizens, loving parents or children, from all walks of life, actually not only agree with me, but would say it a lot more rudely.

But of course, since it gives you yet another pop at insulting me, that very simple fact won't stop you from saying it, will it? :rolleyes:

I think the words on most peoples' lips at this point of the thread would be: "Give it a rest, AC", or so I am given to understand in private. ;-)

Since you seem unable to do so however, *I* am going to unsubscribe from this thread which has long run its course anyway, and leave you to wallow in your bile. Say what you like, call me any name you like, spew your venom, that's fine by me, as I won't be seeing it. :-)

Bookie, over and out. :-)

Gosh I have missed a lot this week!

Anyway, what do we think about David Miliband supporting (or at least giving his nomination to) Diane Abbott for the Labour leadership?

Could this rebound?

On Question Time or This Week last night (sorry can't remember which) it was stated that anyone who joins the Labour Party before the leadership election on September ?6th can vote.

Should all Conservatives who can afford it now join the Labour Party and vote for Diane?

Hi Elsa! :)

Personally I would love to see Diane get it. There must be soooo many disillusioned Labour voters, real leftwingers, out there, and she is the only left candidate. I'm not certain how the Labour Party works though and who can vote when. Maybe only the MPs can decide on the last two or three to put before the whole membership?

I'm not sure, never been a member of any party, although my grandad was a staunch labour man and got a letter of recognition from Harold Wilson.

My son was sound engineering for Mr Balls, miking him up..he was rude and treated my son like a lackey. He's got an Hons degree and it didn't go down well!

Mr Balls forgot the first rule that any band member..even the drummer..knows...

NEVER upset the sound engineer before the gig..

;)

Feedback? You bet!!!!!

Hi Elsa! :)

Personally I would love to see Diane get it. There must be soooo many disillusioned Labour voters, real leftwingers, out there, and she is the only left candidate. I'm not certain how the Labour Party works though and who can vote when. Maybe only the MPs can decide on the last two or three to put before the whole membership?

I'd like to see her get in for the simple reason that I doubt she'd win the next election for Labour.

I'd like to see her get in for the simple reason that I doubt she'd win the next election for Labour.

I doubt any of them (conservatives and lib-dems included) can still get an overwhelming majority... the country is still in somewhat a stalemate situation IMHO.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar