HBOS debt being chased by everyone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AGHHHHHHHH

On the 17th december I did a CCA request on APEX who were chasing a debt from HBOS. This was acknowledged. After 6 weeks I wrote to them and told them they had failed to provide the document. They sent me a letter saying we are not dealing with this anymore.

10 days later, a letter from IQOR saying they were collecting. I told them that sorry, they have had there chance. I received a letter saying they had asked their client for the documents. Anyway, let that pass and after 40 days, nothing so emailed and said even after 2 bites of the cherry its still not been forthcoming so go away. Your client doesnt get a new go every new debt collector they use.

LOW AND BEHOLD, today a letter from WESTCOT for the same debt.

What do I do know

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 3 weeks later...

Im in shock, and these are supposed to be solicitors

On 15th December, I wrote to APEX for the CCA. Nothing happened so end of January I said your in breach blah blah. To that letter I received a reply saying we are no longer dealing. Then, on 23rd Feb, received a thretener from GPB. So on 24th Feb I sent the CCA request to them. I heard nothing. Then I received a letter from IQOR chasing the same debt.

I though **** this and DPA the lot of them. Then today, I receive a reply from GPB which clearly shows they received the CCA request on the 25th Feb but it still has the PO attached. They also sent the a letter saying we are no longer dealing with this and returned the PO for 10 pounds.

SURELY even though they are no longer dealing, they still have to provide all the info I request.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

the £10 i take it is for an sar request

that goes to the original creditor, not the dca

a cca request costs £1

Surely if any organization holds any information on me then they are liable for a SAR whether they be a DCA or the original creditor. APEX have already complied with my request and they are a DCA.

I want from GPB when they received the File, how much, what action, when they received my request etc etc

sending an sar to a dca or solicitor would be a waste of cash as they will hold very little info on you

but they have to respond with all info they have on you

send them this

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

**BB waves to guests:cool:**

You only ever need send one CCA, be it to the DCA chasing for payment, or the OC.

Once one has been sent and they have failed to reply with the CCA, then the account is put into dispute, if the account is then sold on or passed to another DCA or Sols, then the Bemused letter is fired off to them, as the previous DCA/OC is still in breach of supplying the agreement, therefore the disputed account should not have been passed on.

CCA'ing multiple DCA's is a waste of good money. You've sent one they have failed, anyone else just gets the 'bemused' letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 months later...

I CCA Halifax on the 17th December 2009 and received the agreement on 23rd July 2010.

Now where do I stand. I want to use the delay as a bargaining tool for a full and final but unsure what power I have.

Am I correct in before doing anything they need a court ORDER (Not judgement) to allow them to pursue the debt?

Thanks

Am I correct in before doing anything they need a court ORDER (Not judgement) to allow them to pursue the debt?
No.

Once they produce the CCA they can continue to pursue which includes applying for a CCJ.

Can you scan it & post it up after removing any identifiers so it can be checked for enforceability?

• dx100uk changed the title to HBOS debt being chased by everyone