Robinson Way 18 year debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone please help, from looking round this site, I've found out Robinson Way are debt collectors, not very nice one's at that, today I've received a letter from them stating "If you are not the person who formerly lived at the above address, please contact us without delay on the freephone number below"

What do I do? I am the person who lived at the named address, BUT, I've lived at my current address for 11 years, I've been on the voters register at this address since 2003, the address they quote is an old address I lived at in 1992, looking back, I'm sure they are chasing an old TSB a/c which I've not had contact with since at least 1996 due to personal issues, how do I get these people of my back? my partner is not aware of this old a/c, it's history and she doesn't need to be aware at this stage, I'm worried in case someone comes round and informs her.

Going back to today's letter:

"If you are not the person who formerly lived at the above address, please contact us without delay on the freephone number below"

If I don't contact them, what happens then, will they assume I am the person from the named old address, although there is no details a/c number or why they're looking for the named individual within the contents of todays letter?

Or should I contact them pretending I'm not who they're looking for.

Just to mention, I'm in the process of losing my job via redundancy, I'm under enough stress as it is without these people adding to it.

Hoping someone can assist me out of this mess, many thanks.

Hi

Can someone please help, from looking round this site, I've found out Robinson Way are debt collectors, not very nice one's at that, today I've received a letter from them stating "If you are not the person who formerly lived at the above address, please contact us without delay on the freephone number below"

If you have not made a payment towards or acknowledged this debt in a clear 6 year window then its statute barred and all you need to do is notify them that as it is stat barred you will not be making a payment to them.

S.

Thanks to you both

If you have not made a payment towards or acknowledged this debt in a clear 6 year window then its statute barred and all you need to do is notify them that as it is stat barred you will not be making a payment to them

Do I write or phone?

It ought to be the end of it . But this being Robinson way , things may not come to that happy conclusion so easily .

Really?

What if they say the debt is not SB? I'm not 100% but when I think back I may have received a CCJ, nothing ever came of it tho, but it's so long ago difficult to be 100% certain.

Always communicate in writing never 'phone them.

What if they say the debt is not SB? I'm not 100% but when I think back I may have received a CCJ, nothing ever came of it tho, but it's so long ago difficult to be 100% certain.
If they did have a CCJ and it wasn't enforced within six years they would have to apply to the court for permission to enforce giving very good reasons..... permission is very rarely given.

Send the SB letter http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred the onus is on them to prove otherwise. ;)

Thanks to you all, may I just clarify something, within that SB letter, it states:

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

The letter I received today doesn't mention anything about a debt, it just gives a previous address, by sending the SB letter am I admitting I know about the debt?

Nothing really to add, but I also had a letter the other day from RW, relating to my sister in law, who has lived in Spain since 2002. My address was used for forwarding correspondence for a few years.

I have had hassle from other debt companies chasing debts for my Brother who also lives in Spain, but have kicked these into touch, by telling them they live abroad, so don't bother me e.g. could be contrued as harassment.

The strange thing is that no company had to my knowledge written about debts for my sister in law. So this must mean that RW have picked up some very historic debts, that no other company could be bothered to chase.

I phoned RW and put them straight. It was their tracing dept and from what they said they had very limited info to go on.

It is up to you. But I would ignore them and wait for them to write to you with more information. You may never hear from them again, if you don't write to them now.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Wait until they contact you again actually mentioning it then send the SB letter.

Do I ignore the template letter above then, and just wait for the next letter to arrive?

I've done some searching round the net (Google can be dangerous) and noticed Robinson Way can be a pain in the bum, it seems they don't seem interested whether a debt is SB or not, they'll chance there arm until the last moment even sending people round, from what I've read on the internet maybe ignoring the letter as suggested is not going to stop them.

I don't wish to get into a dispute with them, neither do I want anyone turning up at my door, so can someone help me think this through?

I know today's letter doesn't mention anything about a debt, however, I know what the letter refers to, I'm tempted to send the SB letter of to them, if I send the letter off to them, this will a) confirm it's me, BUT b) warn them that the debt is SB and to back off, or I'll take any necessary action to prevent them harassing me, any suggestions please?

Today's letter has opened a can of worms I wasn't ready for.

Robbers Way sound like they are getting desperate if they are chasing 18 year old debts. They are Phishing for info so just wait for the next letter then send the Statute Barred letter provided by Cerberusalert in post 5. You are in good hands on CAG.

Never speak to DCA's on the phone (unless you can record the call), do everything in writing to keep a paper trail and send all letters by recorded delivery (so they cant say they didnt get your letters)

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Robbers Way sound like they are getting desperate if they are chasing 18 year old debts.

OK, I just don't want them turning up at my door out of desperation, I've read on the net they have a habit of doing it.

As you rightly point out, the letter you have received mentions nothing about a debt recent or otherwise, so can safely be ignored.

As has been suggested, you should really wait for the second letter, which will hopefully give you further information, and may, or may not threaten a doorstep visitor. There is a link below for the harrassment on the doorstep letter which you could send now if you want, but as most of these people are spoon fed scripts for telephone calls, they cannot always read or indeed comprehend letters written to them.

To cover that instance, you could of course print out an extra copy of the said doorstep letter and should someone call, you could just simply hand them the letter and close the door in their face.

I was brought up to be a very polite person, and the thought of a doorstep confrontation put the fear of ;;d in me, and as for actually closing the door in someones' face, my parents would be horrified!!!, but it gets easier. ;)

Politely inform them that the debt is disputed. No need to go into raptures as to why.

Then warn them that you will be sending them an admin charge for your time-consuming response if they harass you further.

If they do harass again then give them 14 days to comply with your fee.

They will tell you they do not acknowledged your fee. That is good as you can them go to the small claims court with an NI form.

It works!

Well, Robinson Way , I don't think , actually recognize the limitations act . I believe their working practices do not cater for it . Moreso, I believe they may have even written their own internal rules that circumvent , replace and negate the actual legislature to a format that is more in keeping with their need to reclaim these sums . You only have to receive a letter from Robinson way denying the statute barred status of an alleged debt , that is stepped in their own distorted interpretation , and still continue to chase you for a full 6 months after receipt of said statute barred letter , under additional duress of multiple complaint to come to this inevitable conclusion .

Edited by Drexl Spivey

Thanks for all the helpful replies, however, I've decided to be pro active rather than re active, and am going to send them the SB letter above, no doubt this will confirm it's me, but from what I've read they can't do anything as the debt is well and truly SB, I'm going to mention should they continue to harass me, I'll be raising a complaint with OFT, hopefully, they'll back off.

If they do harass again then give them 14 days to comply with your fee.

They will tell you they do not acknowledged your fee. That is good as you can them go to the small claims court with an NI form.

It works!

Hi can you explain how to do this? Just send them the bill for the fee and then after 14 days, start a MCOL claim?

NatWest for £272:Full and final settlement: 13/11/06

Argos Card for £52.50:Paid to Argos account: 10/11/06

Bank of Scotland for £218:Full and final settlement: 25/01/07

Hi can you explain how to do this? Just send them the bill for the fee and then after 14 days, start a MCOL claim?

You can ask for all sorts of fees but whether a small claims court would help you enforce is another matter. Give it a try and see how it goes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well - what you do is write to them, via recorded, stating you will bill them an admin fee if they write with anything other then news of closure/summons.

If they write back with crap then send them your invoice for ££££

Give them 2 weeks to comply.

If they fail to comply then go to your SCs court - get in an NI form, and then wait.

The shark will be served the notice of issue and then you will either get your cash off the shark or not. If they fail to reply, fill in the notice of issue that you hold and the court will get the defendent to cough up..

If they wanna fight then go to court and tell the judge that they wont pay your invoice and remember this is a totally seperate issue as to why the shark is chasing you.

I reiterte - IT WORK! ;)