Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I haven't had any debt collectors yet,and I don't know how long BPF will wait before they send my details to any debt collectors agencies,but I'm renting/sharing a house and I really can't afford to have them around the house.I don't suppose there is a way of avoiding them unless you move house and won't tell them?I've sent a letter to BPF to say I have no values at all,so there isn't anything to take away from me,which is true,so not as if their threat would mean a lot to me in that respect.....

Any advice what would be the best to do in a situation like this?

They have no legal grounds to send debt collectors to your house. If they threaten this then inform your local Trading Standards, police (if anyone actually does turn up on your doorstep) and demand the collection agency produce a DOA (Deed of Assignment, mentioned in posts above). Without a copy of your agreement with Barclays and signed authorisation they should not even be contacting you. It's a con, just to see if you'll pay up!

They would have to be bailiffs appointed by a court to take anything from your home in way of goods etc and to get that BPF would have to take you to court first - so far they have not done this as they are treading on thin ice (and know it!)and subject to a legal action over our agreements.

Skyblue Dave - I've asked Hausfeld if there's a time limit on the Barclays response, as you wondered. Will let you know as I'm not aware what was in the full, original letter so can't say myself.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have no legal grounds to send debt collectors to your house. If they threaten this then inform your local Trading Standards, police (if anyone actually does turn up on your doorstep) and demand the collection agency produce a DOA (Deed of Assignment, mentioned in posts above). Without a copy of your agreement with Barclays and signed authorisation they should not even be contacting you. It's a con, just to see if you'll pay up!

They would have to be bailiffs appointed by a court to take anything from your home in way of goods etc and to get that BPF would have to take you to court first - so far they have not done this as they are treading on thin ice (and know it!)and subject to a legal action over our agreements.

Skyblue Dave - I've asked Hausfeld if there's a time limit on the Barclays response, as you wondered. Will let you know as I'm not aware what was in the full, original letter so can't say myself.

Without DOA's and just as important, a copy of the orignal agreement/contract they are powerless to do anything other than use nonsense threats.

They have know become known as Bounty hunters - they work on a commission basis.No money collected = no income. They then lose interest and it is sent back to BPF. Who then engage another bunch of idiotic chancers.It goes on and on, BPF trying to get back the money they invested in Advent.

BPF have now tried to offer me a deal. Instead of the Ten grand - if i go quitely its only Seven grand. I can send you a copy of the letter from Allied, if you need it Fuzzbutt.

Hi Guys

I just had a letter from barclays partner finance out of the blue?

Anyone else getting a letter like this??

in it they list all the points I have raised in the past months and these are the points they allegedly address in their letter..

You feel we have not fulfilled our obligations underst S75.

we have assigend debt collection agency to your account even though you are disputing the debt.

we have registered late payments on your credit record while in dispute.

you feel computeach does not offer like for like with advent.

you have previously been a computeach student so have experience first hand of computeach study methods.

the main reason why you enrolled with advent was because of their in house job centre.

you feel you should not have been offered finance since at the time of enrolment you were unemployed.

we have failed to respond to your letter in a timely manner.

you do not feel 3 months is a reasonable amount of time for us to find a replacement provider.

we use generic letters to address our complaints.

Hitachi bank has chosent give their customers a choice of cancelling their agreement or training with another provider.

we have not provided you with any details of a training course with computeach.

you feel that the use of mercers our in house debt collecting agency is in breach of ethical codes.

you feel that the use of door step collection agency is not allowed as no one is allowwd on your property without your permission.

you have stated we are in breach of the data protection act as you received a letter from someone outside of barclays who had access to you personal data.

you refuse to contact computeach and will not take the course provided.

And their reply to all of the above?..they have used a lot more words than I do here but the answer to the above is..

tough! we(barclays) can see you have problems, but we dont want to hear it.. you must pay us or else, this is our final response.

oh and they forgot to wish me a "Merry ****ing Christmas" seeing as I am a valued customer

Edited by 10pack

Oh and in another letter in the same post is from sanclare.. again out of the blue.

pleased be advised your account remains in arrears, however it has been transferred back to barclays partner finance for review.

and this letter has a readable name and signature.. no just scribble ??

Oh and in another letter in the same post is from sanclare.. again out of the blue.

pleased be advised your account remains in arrears, however it has been transferred back to barclays partner finance for review.

and this letter has a readable name and signature.. no just scribble ??

Does the phrase Bounty Hunters come to mind?..:lol:

They all come and go like the snow.

Does the phrase Bounty Hunters come to mind?..:lol:

They all come and go like the snow.

Letter from sanclare was out of the blue.. they wrote to me once about 4-5 months ago, I never bothered to answer when i saw that their boss used to work for barclays.. last debt collectors on my back was moorcroft and they wrote back after I asked for a copy of the doa.. said they would go and apply for it from barclays.. so they acted illegaly demanding money with threats and no doa.

I noticed on this letter from barclays.. they make no mention of the fact I told them I am in the action group against them.. maybe they are hoping I will payup before the legal action..

Also they wrote about my being unemployed at the time of enrollment and my loan application being accepted.. its my own fault for applying for a loan and not having the means to pay?? :!:.. that has got to be a prime example of irresponsable lending.

If I applied for a credit card now(still unemployed) and put on my application I am unemployed and jobseekers allowance(I was at time of application.. I am sure everyone knows that jobseekers allowance lasts 6 months, I get no benefits now, on the last of my redundancy pay almost all gone now).. I bet there is no way I would get a credit card.. so how come I got a loan for £5,450?.

advent made up the paperwork, advent must have doctored the paperwork so I would get accepted and told me it would be ok because I would be in work withing 3 months so could pay the loan back.. so thats over back to barclays since advent is bust (barclays are jointly and serverly liable) I see a conflict of interest here I think. :!:

Edited by 10pack

There are still many unanswered questions as to what happened before Advent went bust, between Barclays and Advent. We have no proof Barclays paid full amount of money to Advent, on our behalf as it is believed and if that would have been the case why going into administration for lack of funds? Then as you say it is quite curious; to be accepted for a £6000 loan we only had to sign. Advent did it all so easy and fast as if they had some sort of unofficial deal with BPF. Then as it appears Advent kept accepting applications even though they probably knew their realtionship with BPF was going worse. I have the feeling that BPF just before taking any decision concerning Advent and us, had foreseen what would happen further and as a result Barclays might be a step ahead of us.

There are still many unanswered questions as to what happened before Advent went bust, between Barclays and Advent. We have no proof Barclays paid full amount of money to Advent, on our behalf as it is believed and if that would have been the case why going into administration for lack of funds? Then as you say it is quite curious; to be accepted for a £6000 loan we only had to sign. Advent did it all so easy and fast as if they had some sort of unofficial deal with BPF. Then as it appears Advent kept accepting applications even though they probably knew their realtionship with BPF was going worse. I have the feeling that BPF just before taking any decision concerning Advent and us, had foreseen what would happen further and as a result Barclays might be a step ahead of us.

The boss of barclays partner finance made the decision in early november 2009 to cut funding for advent.. which again makes me wonder how I got my application accepted by barclays.

and yes as you point out if barclays had paid all monies up front why did advent sudenly go bust since technically all finance for current students had been paid.. where did all the money go??

and also noted on the letter from liquidators.. barclays name is nowhere to be seen as a creditor.. that to me rings so many bells.. barclays has over 6,000 students in the same hole as us (not all advent students).. barclays must have been on the main creditors list.

Edited by 10pack

BPF have now tried to offer me a deal. Instead of the Ten grand - if i go quitely its only Seven grand. I can send you a copy of the letter from Allied, if you need it Fuzzbutt.

[/i]

That's interesting - please do let me have a copy, Lowdown. I'm sure Hausfeld would like to see it! Thanks.

Hi guys wonder if you could help i took out a loan with BPF as you know Advent went bust im now recieving calls from a debt management team wanting me to pay back the loan i was not able to start the course and do not wish to pay for something i havent recieved any help in this matter would be most appreciated

Hi guys wonder if you could help i took out a loan with BPF as you know Advent went bust im now recieving calls from a debt management team wanting me to pay back the loan i was not able to start the course and do not wish to pay for something i havent recieved any help in this matter would be most appreciated

Please e-mail Fuzzbutt for access to the website which she has set up. Your first step will be to send off a few things to Hausfield to join the legal action.

Welcome aboard.

The boss of barclays partner finance made the decision in early november 2009 to cut funding for advent.. which again makes me wonder how I got my application accepted by barclays.

and yes as you point out if barclays had paid all monies up front why did advent sudenly go bust since technically all finance for current students had been paid.. where did all the money go??

and also noted on the letter from liquidators.. barclays name is nowhere to be seen as a creditor.. that to me rings so many bells.. barclays has over 6,000 students in the same hole as us (not all advent students).. barclays must have been on the main creditors list.

another thing that came to my mind is lets find any other training institute or similar companys where BPF were in finance deal with,like in similar roles as with Advent and see how the payments were made with those companies. That way at least we have some idea on what really might have happen.

i have recieved a letter from BPF saying i owed them over 10k and need to contact them as soon as possible cam anyone advise me as what to say to them and what to say to the recovery team this letter arived the other day nice christmas present from BPF cheers also i have set a group up on facebook if anyone has any advice or conclusions to their account please see who was stung by BPF and advent

Hello guys,

As I was so disappointed and scared from the last letter that I have received from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited, I called Barclays to set up a new direct debit and started paying them from October again.

On that time, they have also advised me to contact CT to sing up and carry on with my course. However, I didn’t contact CT yet and just paying Barclays for no services.

I was student with Advent for 4 months! Since that time, I joined the group if action against BPF.

I called many places, many people but nothing has changed!

Now I’m here again to get an update?

Can anyone advise please?

I was thinking to call them and put my account on hold but before this I wanted to see what you guys were doing in the past 3 months?

Any luck?

Many thanks.

Hello guys,

As I was so disappointed and scared from the last letter that I have received from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited, I called Barclays to set up a new direct debit and started paying them from October again.

On that time, they have also advised me to contact CT to sing up and carry on with my course. However, I didn’t contact CT yet and just paying Barclays for no services.

I was student with Advent for 4 months! Since that time, I joined the group if action against BPF.

I was thinking to call them and put my account on hold but before this I wanted to see what you guys were doing in the past 3 months?

Any luck?

Many thanks.

Hi masoud

I have been trying to chase things up i have contacted the FOS im in the same boat along with many others i have joined the group headed up by fuzzbutt but still wondering how to tackle BPF any one got any ideas

Hello guys,

Any luck?

Many thanks.

I had letter from them weeks ago asking for money with threats of court action and such, I sent them the letter thats on the students action site asking for a copy of the DOA they are supposed to have when a debt has been transferred.. they replied that they would go to barclays and ask for it.. too late!!

they should have had that before they sent letters demanding money.. its illegal and they know it, have not heard from them since, though barclays did send me a copy of my credit agreement all one page of it... twice a few weeks apart, did not request that from barclays.

I was looking at a credit card application form that came in the post the other day.. on it it asks loads of questions about my finances how much I earn and what my out goings are.. I was not asked any of this when i signed up with advent.. the guy turned up at my house with invoice sheets and we both signed it and that piece of paper for the barclays loan.. that was it.. no checks.

I told advent I was not working, advent rep told me on the phone they would have me placed in a job within 3 months because they had an onsite job agency that placed students in jobs.. so it was not a problem to pay back the loan for me, so by the time barclays had got around to "finding computeach" I should have already been in work if advent was to be believed.

hi 10 pack i had the same thing the guy turned up at my house and was singing advents praises about how his daughter had got a job in i.t and was earning x amount i also signed the forms i am getting hassled by bpf to pay up i dug out my original paperwork and noticed under the key information section section 3

if the contract is not fulfilled perhaps because the supplier has gone out of business you still may be able to sue us

does anyone have any iseas as to the next step

hi 10 pack i had the same thing the guy turned up at my house and was singing advents praises about how his daughter had got a job in i.t and was earning x amount i also signed the forms i am getting hassled by bpf to pay up i dug out my original paperwork and noticed under the key information section section 3

if the contract is not fulfilled perhaps because the supplier has gone out of business you still may be able to sue us

does anyone have any iseas as to the next step

yes its on the credit agreement but as far as barclays are concerned they "found" us the best company in the whole world... that side steps it as far as they are concerned

my thoughts on it are that computeach owes barclays money they are running at a £2.4m loss, so computeach boses went to barclays and said "we will take on all your customers for free.. just sign them over to us and let us off the money we owe you!".

that I think is the scenario that went on (other companies with better reputations offered to give us serious discounts on our courses, barclays turned them down).

we was sold, and barclays now want us to pay even though they have not supplied us with what we want.. they have imposed computeach because it costs them nothing... that is why they refuse to listen to requests for a choice of what we can have.. if they had offered me a choice of companies that they suggested as suitable.. providing it was suitable i would have carried on paying and would probably have signed up with one.

I have been hoping that with their current students suing them, computeach also will go suddenly bankrupt and then barclays will have to play ball properly then and treat us as customers.. and not mearly a means to screw money to pay their bonuses

hi 10pack have you dealt with bpf since to be honest i dont really know how to approach them i dont want any money back all i am after is for them to stop sending the hounds after me any ideas as what to say to them or should i just start coughing up the 10k from my a**e im on a average income so where am i going to find 10 k i ask

Thanks all,

but I didn't get my answer yet! what should we do then? carry on paying BFP or again stop our DD?

How many people are here really against the BPF? any updates guys? Has any one singed up with CT yet?

If we stop our DD, then what would be the next move?

Thanks

hi 10pack have you dealt with bpf since to be honest i dont really know how to approach them i dont want any money back all i am after is for them to stop sending the hounds after me any ideas as what to say to them or should i just start coughing up the 10k from my a**e im on a average income so where am i going to find 10 k i ask

I have written to them over the past months, but their replies have been basicly them adjusting words to suit their own side of things.

No once have they asked how can we straigten things out, at the end of it its alway you must pay.

I wrote some days ago about their last letter and even though they actually list my points of issue about all of this.. their answers to each point are dismisive and their conclusion is they have done everthing they can possibly do.. this dispite that over the months each time i called and asked to have my account be put in dispute and to speak to the customer services manager.. it was refused.

during all of this they continued to add strikes againts my credit account also while they was supposedly discussing my complaint they set 2 debt collection agencies on me.. despite it being against regulations to do so.. they even admit this.. but its ok.. because they aknowedge it.. that makes it all ok.

they could solve all of this if they wanted to.. but they do not want to because at the end of it all they dont want to refund us the money owed.. me I paid in over £800,

I would have been happy if at the time they decided to cancel my agreement and call it quits.. I received no training all I have had from all of this is grief.. and I am supposed to be their customer.

myself i think if you pay them they will take even less notice of you since they get their money why should they bother.. its the stance I have taken.. maybe its not for you.

My redundancy money runs out soon (I had enough resouces to last me while I studied and would have been placed in a job) do not know what I will do when it runs out.. I am not on benefits.

I walked out of their offices last Christmas, did not like their attitude over job seekers allowance at the benefits office and have not been back since.

Hello guys,

Any luck?

Many thanks.

Put your account in dispute with BPF,[and make it detailed] if you are going to put it on hold, and gain some time.

If you have signed up with the action group, go and check the update letter

Thanks all,

but I didn't get my answer yet! what should we do then? carry on paying BFP or again stop our DD?

How many people are here really against the BPF? any updates guys? Has any one singed up with CT yet?

If we stop our DD, then what would be the next move?

If you stop your DD and refuse to pay, then their debt recovery arm swings into action... you must pay

no questions as to what is the reason as to why you are not paying (at least not for me they started to phone me on same day my payment was due.. Sunday!!) they will start by phoning you every day at different times.. yes even on Sundays.

in my case they repeatedly phoned over the day just to annoy, and I had enough and went to my local Orange shop brought out the rest of my contract and closed my mobile account, and opened new one.

while i was in the shop chosing a phone and contract, BPF reps phoned me 5 times.

So I refuse to give them a phone number when they ask, and withhold my number when I call barclays partner finance now.

If you have a barclays bank account.. be Warned! they can access your bank account and take their money.. its called offsetting, I asked and they will do it... you must pay

then when the phone calls dont work they will set mercers debt collecting agency onto you.. in my last letter from barclays they openly admit that mercers is a part of the barclays organisation... you must pay

by this time you will be forgiven for thinking that if you call BPF's number and try to explain the situation with them they would be reasonable and accept you have a dispute with them.. wrong!.

their point of view is they "found" computeach and that is the end of their obligation to you.. you must pay.

and it goes on I am afraid, I am on my third agency on my back.. illegal but still they do this

at the end of the day its all down to how do you cope with the stress which is the reason why BPF do all of this, they hope that you will be so stressed out that you will give in and carry on paying.

for my part yes I am stressed!! and I want to break some bones somedays,even had to have my blood medication changed because of it, but while BPf insist that I have to take computeach or else.. they can go and fly off.

This customer is not happy with the service he is getting

..."and barclays now want us to pay even though they have not supplied us with what we want"

I still struggle to understand this, when I make a contract with an institution, that contract states clearly black on white the type of relation between the parties. I look at my contract with BPF and I can't find anything that would enable Barclays to do what you suggest, it's on the contrary: THE CONTRACT says I can sue Barclays in case Advent went bust, that's it and no more. BPF is nothing but a Finance Partener and should act as a Finance Partener as their own name itself states, they are not a Supplier nor a Provider; they forgot who they are and do and if the Law with all its interpretations and points of view, doesn't make clear at least this, then we can never be sure Law permits as to cross the street on green light.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks