Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Keep up the good work. Just a question. Even though I've sent off all my details to Hausfield and are one of the many people on their list, I'm still not sure if all this applies to me. I originally took out Clydesdale's 1 year interest free loan, but when the year was up I paid it all off by credit card.

Could someone let me know If I'm entitled to all my money back under Section 75 because it seems clear cut to me even though my credit card company and Clydesdale have said no?

I hope someone can shed some light on this as I'm a bit in the dark.

Regards.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all. Keep up the good work. Just a question. Even though I've sent off all my details to Hausfield and are one of the many people on their list, I'm still not sure if all this applies to me. I originally took out Clydesdale's 1 year interest free loan, but when the year was up I paid it all off by credit card.

Could someone let me know If I'm entitled to all my money back under Section 75 because it seems clear cut to me even though my credit card company and Clydesdale have said no?

I hope someone can shed some light on this as I'm a bit in the dark.

Regards.

Have you signed up to the 'class action' ? That would be your first move. Thinking back to earlier discussions about this, I think that people who paid up front (ie direct to Advent) are going to struggle, and are relying on the receivers. People who paid Clydesdale (now BPF) after 1 year, are in the same category as those paying BPF monthly. None of us yet know if we can enforce S75, but you have a better chance if you paid BPF than if you paid Advent.

This is a very 'rough and ready' opinion. The 'class action' is your best bet.

Anyone else had a letter from a company called ALLIED working on behalf of BPF ?

'They want to help to resolve the current situation with customers with loan deals by offering a one off payment of £7000.00'

:lol::lol:

Cracks appearing?

Anyone else had a letter from a company called ALLIED working on behalf of BPF ?

'They want to help to resolve the current situation with customers with loan deals by offering a one off payment of £7000.00'

Cracks appearing?

No Not had that letter yet..

it could be just another debt collecting agency with a different modis operendi.. instead of beating you with a stick.. offer you a mouldy carrot :)

and £7,000 is double I aledgedly owe

Edited by 10pack

Cracks appearing?

I bet that £7000 is to be divided between all of us :-)

Be a nice xmas present if they've decided to concede defeat.

Cracks appearing?

I bet that £7000 is to be divided between all of us :-)

Be a nice xmas present if they've decided to concede defeat.

I fancied a bit of Xmas spirit baiting after i posted that.

So i called them and asked " Why are you offering me £7000.00?" "What do i need to do to get the £7000.00?"

They just hung up..!

Odd people.

Hey all havent posted for a while. I did post before that allied had been in touch with me. They didnt know why I wouldnt pay them so I told them about the group action and that I was waiting for an update on the situation. Once I told them they said they would put my account on hold and all they asked me to do was to keep them up to date on the situation. Havent heard from them since.

Hey all havent posted for a while. I did post before that allied had been in touch with me. They didnt know why I wouldnt pay them so I told them about the group action and that I was waiting for an update on the situation. Once I told them they said they would put my account on hold and all they asked me to do was to keep them up to date on the situation. Havent heard from them since.

I think all they are hoping is that of all the vultures like them who come to us looking for money, they might get lucky and you will pay them, thats why they ask you to keep in touch with them.

I have not had anthing off them, but I suppose they are working down the list and I will get one soon.

Its a year now since I signed up with Advent.. in a few days it will be when I was signed up for my loan with Barclays partner finance,

as I have mentioned before, this time last year I was getting ready to go abroad.. so newly signed up (because the advent rep told me limited places with an offer not to be repeated) I did not get a chance for training, I went abroad and was not back in the country until 18th January, I was expecting to start my training then.

so Happy one year anniversary for me :madgrin:

Man I'm getting anxious. Ii hope Barclays don't take to long to respond. What's stopping them from leaving it 6 months to respond though?

I assume that in the actual letter from Hausfeld to BPF's lawyers there would have been some sort of timescale. Maybe Fuzzbutt could let us know if this is the case.

Hi all.

Im new in here.

Got problem with Barclays finance regarding Advent...

They send on me debt collectors MERCERS.

If anyone in here got similar problem?

Im going CAB.

Any advice for me u can share?

P.S> who is more interested in my story can contact me via: email removed

as soon i will get some news i will post in here too (after my visit to CAB).

Best regards,

Russ

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

Hi all,

I'm also new to this forum and have been having problems with BPF/Allied. I signed up for a course with Advent which I later tried to cancel as my circumstances changed and I found a new job. I was awaiting a reply from Advent with regards to me cancelling the course when I received an E-Mail to say that the compnay had gone in to liquidation. Since then I have had many phone calls, sometimes up to six a day, from BPF and more recently had correspondance from varies debt collection agencies who have apparently bought the debt from BPF. The most recent has come from Allied who have been quite threatening, this evening I have arrived home to a letter which states that I have three options, these being: Sending my employer an attachment order to secure payments, a baliff could be sent to my home to seize assetts under a warrent of execution or a charging order will be placed on my home with the ability to prohibit the sale of the property.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or have any words of wisdom?

Thanks Mike.

I don't know if that is aimed at me but I am genuinely here for help. I've written and phoned Allied asking for a copy of the deed of assignment, just to be told i can't have one. I refuse to pay a penny to BPF for something i didn't get or want and simply want advice. I have kept every letter i have recieved from Allied as well as my copy of the signed agreement with Advent and i am more than happy to scan them in and send them to anyone that might want/ need them.

Regards,

Mike.

Hi all,

I'm also new to this forum and have been having problems with BPF/Allied. I signed up for a course with Advent which I later tried to cancel as my circumstances changed and I found a new job. I was awaiting a reply from Advent with regards to me cancelling the course when I received an E-Mail to say that the compnay had gone in to liquidation. Since then I have had many phone calls, sometimes up to six a day, from BPF and more recently had correspondance from varies debt collection agencies who have apparently bought the debt from BPF. The most recent has come from Allied who have been quite threatening, this evening I have arrived home to a letter which states that I have three options, these being: Sending my employer an attachment order to secure payments, a baliff could be sent to my home to seize assetts under a warrent of execution or a charging order will be placed on my home with the ability to prohibit the sale of the property.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or have any words of wisdom?

Thanks Mike.

Mike,

Before they can do any of the above - THEY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE YOU TO COURT FIRST.And then after failing to make payments the court put on you [ if they put any]

And most importantly - NO DOA AND COPY OF CONTRACT/AGREEMENT, means they have no way of taking you to court.

And finally various DCA's can not have all purchased the debt all at once....

Just send ALLIED a Xmas card and a request for the Deed of Assignment and a copy of the contract/agreement.

Would you pay the Postman Ten grand if he knocked on your door and said he was collecting on behalf of BPF - Nah of course not.

I don't know if that is aimed at me but I am genuinely here for help. I've written and phoned Allied asking for a copy of the deed of assignment, just to be told i can't have one. I refuse to pay a penny to BPF for something i didn't get or want and simply want advice. I have kept every letter i have recieved from Allied as well as my copy of the signed agreement with Advent and i am more than happy to scan them in and send them to anyone that might want/ need them.

Regards,

Mike.

The reason they cant/wont give you a DOA - is they dont have one...

Hello,

I haven't had any debt collectors yet,and I don't know how long BPF will wait before they send my details to any debt collectors agencies,but I'm renting/sharing a house and I really can't afford to have them around the house.I don't suppose there is a way of avoiding them unless you move house and won't tell them?I've sent a letter to BPF to say I have no values at all,so there isn't anything to take away from me,which is true,so not as if their threat would mean a lot to me in that respect.....

Any advice what would be the best to do in a situation like this?

Mike,

Before they can do any of the above - THEY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE YOU TO COURT FIRST.And then after failing to make payments the court put on you [ if they put any]

And most importantly - NO DOA AND COPY OF CONTRACT/AGREEMENT, means they have no way of taking you to court.

And finally various DCA's can not have all purchased the debt all at once....

Just send ALLIED a Xmas card and a request for the Deed of Assignment and a copy of the contract/agreement.

Would you pay the Postman Ten grand if he knocked on your door and said he was collecting on behalf of BPF - Nah of course not.

Thanks for the reply lowdown.

I will send a letter (and Xmas card) to them this weekend. Are there any templates available to use so it looks more professional? I'm just so frustrated with all of this! I signed up with advent as they (my supposed tutor) promised a starting wage of over 20k and a position with a company in I.T within the first 12 months of signing the contract, this in turn would help make the monthly payments on the loan. I just want all of this out the way now! I've had 2 pretty bad years with things going wrong in my life and just a I think things are starting to look up, I keep getting letters demanding a pay for something I never received.

Apologies for going on a bit and also for any mistakes in this post, I have to use my phone as my work place has kindly banned any use of the Internet.

Regards,

Mike.

Has anyone that was on an Access 2 Trade course received a letter from ATL today? They're saying they've reopened the centre run by Access 2 Trade in Hartlebury and offering the same training as originally signed up for. They're also saying that many of the staff have also been re-employed and that if you took out a BPF loan they might be able to help. I wonder if it was Barclays that got in contact with them rather than the other way around to try and save their skins. For me, this is possibly the first sign of Barclays panicking if it was them that approached ATL

Hi all.

Im new in here.

Got problem with Barclays finance regarding Advent...

They send on me debt collectors MERCERS.

If anyone in here got similar problem?

Im going CAB.

Any advice for me u can share?

P.S> who is more interested in my story can contact me via: email removed

as soon i will get some news i will post in here too (after my visit to CAB).

Best regards,

Russ

I went to Cab and they were absolutely useless they told me that i got no choice but to pay BPF but my mind was eased after

1. I read this thread from no.1 (264 pages to date but its worth it)

edited

......Helpful for any newcomers

Edited by IdaInFife
email and outside webs removed

I went to Cab and they were absolutely useless they told me that i got no choice but to pay BPF but my mind was eased after

1. I read this thread from no.1 (264 pages to date but its worth it)

edited as pre post

......Helpful for any newcomers

In that case you're probably aware that CAB seem to give different advice depending on the day of the week. Half the people you speak to (not just CAB, but also Consumer Direct and others) will tell you one thing, half the time it'll be the opposite. That's why we're fortunate Fuzz has been working so hard and found Hausfeld because if it goes to court, only 1 persons decision counts

Edited by IdaInFife
as per previous post

In that case you're probably aware that CAB seem to give different advice depending on the day of the week. Half the people you speak to (not just CAB, but also Consumer Direct and others) will tell you one thing, half the time it'll be the opposite. That's why we're fortunate Fuzz has been working so hard and found Hausfeld because if it goes to court, only 1 persons decision counts

Well with the modern age we live in, its much easier to get more accurate up to date info over the internet..... unless ur using wikipedia. Fuzz is doing an great job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks