UK debt being Chased in Australia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WA Newman, thanks for sharing your info, certainly dont apologise for your post being long, the more info we get is as we all agree, good for all the PFF, once again thanks and congratulations, i think we all should have a few celebratary beers tonight

WA Newman, may you always have cold beer, loose shoes and a warm place to defecate.

In answer to one of your questions from the horses mouth, so to speak, Pie and Queer requested my details through the Canadian DCA, the Canadian DCA then made a request to B'lays. B'lays sent data to canadian DCA and forward to Pie and fear.

I Know this because A nice lady from B'Lays told me when I phoned up and asked how Pie and beer got my personnal data. At the time I wondered if she really knew the full implications of her disclosure.

Though ignorace maybe claimed, B'Lays knew along the route and loop holes required to get the data to these sunburnt shores.

Power to the people, stick it to the man.

Ooooohhh...Miss, she said the "P" word!

Very interesting, if brief, post.

Methinks there is far more there than has been left unsaid than has been revealed.

Please shed some more light!

LOL.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else so am looking for ideas on how to deal with this. I've written to ASIC, the privacy commissioner, the accc. Department of Justice told me today to try fos. Just wanted to add it here. Haven't had any success with any avenue yet, but I'll let you know if I do.

Sorry, I don't say much most of the time. Been lurking for a long time. Probably should have done some sort of introduction before launching in.

ednae,

don't worry your complaints are being taken seriously. The privacy commisioner and ASIC are onto these idiots, they don't like to be made to look like they don't/won't/can't uphold the law, especially when it comes to DCA's and their actions. it could start a trend that no one wants.

Bodgit

ednae,

don't worry your complaints are being taken seriously. The privacy commisioner and ASIC are onto these idiots, they don't like to be made to look like they don't/won't/can't uphold the law, especially when it comes to DCA's and their actions. it could start a trend that no one wants.

Bodgit

Thanks. I hope it gets sorted. I feel like a complete idiot because I paid them (I think I must be the only person in Australia who did). Anyway, I don't care about the money, I just want to be able to get a loan to buy a house. Everything seems to take so long to get sorted. I seem to have letters from everyone saying that they are looking into it.

It's good that other people are having some success.

For the benefit of those with s/barred debts except for cornflakegirl and davedu who have read what I attached and do not need reminding.

Seevee, much as I've enjoyed your input, my knowledge regarding Stat-barred debts has come from my own research - Plonkers constantly harassed me for months (excessive phone calls at work, written legal threats & claims) over a 300 pound "debt" which was over 7 years old at the time the harassment started. Plonkers tried to mislead me into believing it wasn't Stat-barred, which is a tactic obviously successfully used against those without a basic understanding of Google.

I found your advice to...

"2) Politely ask plonkers never to contact you again re. the alledged debt. Third parties like your family do not have to assist and can also request this. There are strict rules around contact, read the guidelines and know your rights to just tell them to go away"

...highly amusing and obviously coming from a position of zero interaction with Plonkers. 8 seperate letters from me to Plonkers and The Ball legal folk did NOTHING to stop their harassment. Now that they have finally backed down & admitted their wrong-doing, I'll am pursuing every avenue I can to take them down. I am an extremely strong-willed person, but even I was getting stressed out by these vultures - I hope to prevent the same happening to anyone else.

WA Newman - fantastic news, so pleased to hear you may be setting a precedent! :)

Well done WA_NEWMAN,

Thank you for sharing your progress. Great morale booster for all the PFF. Write as many long posts as you want to ! The finishing line must be close. Plonkers picked on the wrong guy for their first case. Isn't that just typical ;)

right then we've just spoken to barclay shark... they confirm they sold the debts to international credit registry in ontario canada. Confirmed address etc which matches up with their web page....

the lawyers are going to love this...

so all the letters stating that the debts were bought from barclays are nonsense...

the other fact that has arisen is that they have no enforcable agreements that meet the prescribed terms as stipulated in the CCA 1974.

I wonder if those lemons leave a sour taste in the mouth!!!

Dont forget that you can reclaim all the £20 overlimit and late payment charges- AND the interest applied to those charges from the date they were applied, at the compounded rate. :D

Over here in the UK we have been reclaiming this money for the last 3 1/2 years. Ive had thousands back.

AND had one account written off in its entirety because of mis- sold Payment Protection Insurance.

Check the rest of the CAG site. There are template letters for you to download and send, in the CAG library

Not once have they defended a claim in court. :cool:

Edited by noomill060

Dont forget that you can reclaim all the £20 overlimit and late payment charges- AND the interest applied to those charges from the date they were applied, at the compounded rate. :D

Over here in the UK we have been reclaiming this money for the last 3 1/2 years. Ive had thousands back.

AND had one account written off in its entirety because of mis- sold Payment Protection Insurance.

Check the rest of this thread. There are template letters for you to download and send.

Not once have they defended a claim in court. :cool:

even when these alleged debts have been sold on many times and potentially defaulted many moons ago?

No, you would be reclaiming money paid under a mistake, concealment or fraud. Google s.32 Limitations Act 1980 and check out the Barclaycard section of this site.

Doesnt matter a Castlemaine XXXX if you admit the debt after its become SB. Under UK law, if its SB, it will always stay SB.

Edited by noomill060

Start a thread in the Barclaycard section- you will get all the help you need to reclaim your unlawful charges and interest unlawfully applied to those charges.

It may sound too good to be true, but its a fact. We've all been doing it for years.

Good luck and have fun. :)

thx Noomill nice to have you as a friend indeed.

Will read up and go for it.

Now all we need is someone of the legal profession who knows a bit more about assignments from Sharklays to Canada to Australia.

It Just Keeps Getting Better !

I've only just got in and I guess most of you are already in bed. The meeting today took a little bit longer than I thought and the outcome was even better than I thought. I'm not going into detail on a forum that is monitored by Pie & Beer, but I'm really starting to enjoy this.

I don't normally drink during the day but made an exception and cracked open a bottle of bubbly. Not quite a Dom, but it tasted every bit as good.

Things went so well that I bought a lottery ticket on the way home. While I was in the newsagents I checked my lottery ticket from Tuesday and found out I had won the lottery. All I have to do now is figure how I'm going to spend my $13.60 .