What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do that on all forms boris - where it say UK or British, I always cross it out and say English.

I do that all the time:D My OH tells me I can't, but so far my pen's always worked;)

If the Scottish, Welsh and Irish are all allowed to say so, why can't we be English rather than some generic amalgam?

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I think that you should have to do a proper driving course on scooters, mopeds etc. As it is now one day of training and then your allowed to go out on your own. These 16 year olds have not got a clue about traffic or safety and are a danger to themselves and others.:(

Me spilling a large amount of yogurt on the keyboard, spending 3 hours cleaning it up and fiddling with the little clip buggers underneath the keys to put them back in, 1/2 dozen of them cracked, why can't they make the keys like they do on PC where you can just pop them off and put them back on???

Lots and lots of swearing over the last 3 hours, I can tell you. :mad:

Me spilling a large amount of yogurt on the keyboard, spending 3 hours cleaning it up and fiddling with the little clip buggers underneath the keys to put them back in, 1/2 dozen of them cracked, why can't they make the keys like they do on PC where you can just pop them off and put them back on???

Lots and lots of swearing over the last 3 hours, I can tell you. :mad:

The best way to clean a keyboard is to put it in the dishwasher. I am not kidding it really does work BUT you need to give it at least a week to dry out before plugging it back in.

Small roundabouts - there's a clue in the name. Why do you have to chuck your brakes on to stop some doofus driving through the roundabout and taking the front end of your car off? Is is that hard to follow the pretty white lines, which contrast to popular belief are not there for decoration :p.

Roundabouts people - not throughabouts!

a mum on school run this morning ( i myself am a lady driver) stopped in the middle of the road and reversed into my car!!! as it's a new car i couldn't get used to where the horn is, i couldn't let her know i was there.

she got out and said i was reversing into that space!! like it was my fault for driving behind her....i politely told her that her mirrors are on her car for a reason!! and as a come back told me that i must have been driving up the hill too fast!!! omg i could of killed her.

If that made you swear, what I am about to type is probably going to make it worse, because odds are that you may well be found at fault: If someone has started a maneuvre you're supposed to leave them sufficient space to complete it, and by right, there should have been enough space left by you between your car and hers anyway.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but don't be surprised if that's what your insurers say too. :-(

Sounds odd to me. Does this give everyone carte blanche to drive around backwards hitting anything and everything whilst leaning out of the window yelling it's their fault, not yours?

Sure, the morons who sit on your back end who insist they can stop in less than 15ft at 60mph on a wet day are a dangerous bunch who all eventually end up in ditches and under lorries (that we all have to pay for with increased insurance premiums:-x) but surely allowing someone to reverse into a space in front of you is a courtesy, not a must.

Driving backwards against traffic flow surely places the element of responsibility with the driver, not the poor bugger behind. Then again the concept of 'responsibility' seems remote from the typical driver today :|.

Sounds odd to me. Does this give everyone carte blanche to drive around backwards hitting anything and everything whilst leaning out of the window yelling it's their fault, not yours?

Sure, the morons who sit on your back end who insist they can stop in less than 15ft at 60mph on a wet day are a dangerous bunch who all eventually end up in ditches and under lorries (that we all have to pay for with increased insurance premiums:-x) but surely allowing someone to reverse into a space in front of you is a courtesy, not a must.

Driving backwards against traffic flow surely places the element of responsibility with the driver, not the poor bugger behind. Then again the concept of 'responsibility' seems remote from the typical driver today :|.

I tend to agree with you.

I presume she was reversing into a space between 2 parked cars.

If you were not there and she over reversed into the space and hit the parked car, would that have been the parked car drivers fault for standing stationary (as you were)?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

got a phone call to say that my tv will returned still broken, not fixed or exchanged as the screen is broken, their saying its impact damage, carnt see how as no one touched it. Its only 5 months old, hardly ever watched as im never in

I didn't read it like that, so I'm confused.

I thought you meant that you were in a normal line of traffic, and she stopped with no warning which meant you would have had to brake sharply to a halt too, and then she just went straight into reverse with no warning and hit you?

If that's the case, then it's a different thing and you're right.

But since the other person then accused OP of "coming too fast over the hill", I read it that OP was in fact driving and other woman had started her manoeuvre. I guess we don't have enough info. :razz:

I have to say I learned to drive in France, and there, it is not just courtesy to leave someone finish their manoeuvre, it is compulsory, and if you try and swerve around a car in the process of parking, for example, and there's a collision, you will be found 100% at fault.

If it is merely a courtesy in the UK, that would explain the amount of swearing from me directed at people who drive right up to my backside when I am parking who then drive around and give me filthy looks! :razz:

she gave no warning she was reversing, i was about 10 foot behind her...she just stopped and reversed fast....told me she wasn't looking at cars behind only her space. she was clearly at fault i mean it's the same thing i failed my driving test on lol

I didn't read it like that, so I'm confused.

I thought you meant that you were in a normal line of traffic, and she stopped with no warning which meant you would have had to brake sharply to a halt too, and then she just went straight into reverse with no warning and hit you?

we were in a normal line of traffic she just reversed

just to add i was at a stand still on the road as she had stopped

Oh, different then, my mistake. I do hope you have witnesses though, because knowing insurance companies, they still might go for 50/50. :-(

Sorry, not trying to annoy you, honest, it's just I know how them buggers work! :mad: (and that would be a whole dedicated swearing thread to itself! :rolleyes:)

I'm still wondering why a car in front of me turned right on the wrong side of the road and forced traffic to swerve around them. The mentality...drrr.

I had a spot of fun on Sunday night..OH had to be up for 3.30 am..So some lads and girls start shouting in the street at 1 am. I go out.. the girls have gone but the males are urinating against my wall. They had a car parked, and the first thing they said was that they hadn't had that much to drink! I asked them to stop..it was my wall and not a toilet . Cheeky begger asked if he could finish and that dogs do it all the time. So he is a dog.. and a dirty one at that. He didn't laugh so much when I slammed the car door shut on his leg and his friend didn't hang around after he knew I'd taken down his reg. no. Door still open and the smell of the drugs..a leg in pain sticking out (lucky it was just his leg)...I may be small but I can stand up to **** :)

I had someone try to claim the same thing. A clear obstruction in the road. Mirrors check, backing up with reversing lights and sensors working. Check mirrors again and bang. They claimed I backed into them. I didn't, otherwise my car would not have been shunted forwards.

Just another of the drive through Moms. Open the doors on the old Vauxhall, on the zig-zags or double yellows and kick them off into school half an hour early at the tender age of 6, yet make a great effort to get there an hour early to pick them up!

I park a few streets away...Either that or have my car trashed by some idiot that can't drive. I watched in wonder when the BMW driver would stop her car....It was after trashing the side of a white Audi and saying she hadn't touched it . Bronze paint was a bit of a clue and all the witnesses. But then again the Audi is on it's way out ..sounds like the pump is going.

I still maintain there is a proportion of the population (in all countries) that quite simply do not have the skills required to be safe drivers. Fact is many of the people out there shouldn't be driving.

Problem is the society we've built allows everyone the right to drive regardless of their actual ability to do it. How many times have you seen one of those driving programmes where someone stands there scratching their backside with a smirk on their face as Quentin Wilson tells the audience this particular Schumacher has failed his test 27 times?

In reality we should say 'you know what? This is something you clearly can't do so just get over it and get on the bus or walk'.

Harsh but true I'm afraid. I used to spend a great deal of time at RAF Wyton mucking about in Slingsby training aircraft. Thing is I could. I proved I was safe. Some people with all the will in the world would liked to have flown but they didn't have the skills and didn't get to do it. I'd love to be an astronaut but you know what, I don't have the skill set and the intelligence needed. NASA didn't just feel sorry for me and give me a seat!

Why then do we willingly hand the keys to someone who just doesn't have the skill set to drive? If the driving examinations were anywhere near as hard as aviation exams for example

A) The roads would be pretty empty :) and

B) You could let your kids walk to school knowing some idiot who's just been to the pub is very unlikely to come out and crash into them on the pavement.

Instead we let them have another go and another go until one day he flukes a pass in a quick 30 minute 'drive' through the clogged streets of London where he demonstrates his great skills of co-ordination and observation during an actual drive of maybe 4 miles.

Next thing you know he's sitting in a tonne and a half of 4x4 on the motorway behind you at 80mph taking 'an important' phone call about chinese fighting kites from his best mate Gerald whilst digging through his glove box for a takeaway menu.

He kills a bunch of people, lives ruined etc and what do we do? Three week driving ban, £8.50 fine and he's told to be more careful next time :|.

Given the fact the roads are clogged and are set to essentially double in the next 15 years isn't it time we kicked the idiots off the road who think its just a huge playstation game and gave the valuable space to those who give a damn?

Just a thought :D

Edited by emandcole

I do some work for clients who are badly disabled, and have been mown down by various idiots and their life has essentially ended. The luckier ones are in wheelchairs, the unlucky ones are brain-damaged, and in either case their families are devastated.

I've known a boy of 17 mown down on the pavement by a boy racer going at 70 in a 30 limit. He was thrown over two gardens. Five years later he's still having operations and he will never fully recover.

Then a girl of 28, a real highflyer about to be married before she was mown down my a motorbike jumping the lights. She'll be in residential care for the rest of her life.

And the father of three who was just standing by his driver's door in a quiet residential street before the lady driving along dropped her cigarette and leaned over to look for it and ploughed straight into him.

The people who caused all that get out of prison after a relatively short time and eventually they get their licences back.

This will not change until the penalties are much harsher.

DD

Edited by Desperate Daniella