• Tweets

• I'll get my letter drafted this evening. Its an item I sold, which I'm also concerned about, as whilst I don't have my original purchase receipt (the best I have is my credit card statement showing a purchase from Car Audio Centre), I do unfortunately have the eBay listing where I sold it for much less. But as I said before this is now a question of compensation: true compensation would seek to put me back into the position I was in before the loss ie: that title would remain with me until my buyer has accepted this, and so compensation should be that which would be needed to replace the lost item. But in the world of instant electronic payment, it could be argued that as I had already been paid, the title to the goods had already transferred, and I was required to refund the buyer after the loss. And so, despite my declared value being the retail price - that which is needed to return me to my pre-sales position, the compensatory value should be the value I sold it for, which being a second-hand item from a private seller is lower
    • amusing that 'bad economic judgement on behalf of prior party ISN'T a major reason to wingers to move to deform yet immigration is, where record levels of such has been driven by the right wings terrible brexit and the later incompetent dog whistle 'proposals largely driven to whistle to the right wingnuts Just seems to confirm the are clueless numpties 'wetting their own shoes   Has farage bought a property in Clacton yet?   yet concern for the NHS is listed as a major issue even by those saying they are moving to deform  
    • Also, have you told us how much you paid for this vehicle? Are there any other expenses you have incurred – insurance, inspections et cetera? How far away from the dealership do you live?
    • In fact I see that in the document you posted above – your letter to big motoring world you refer to the diagnostics report and you say that you sent a copy to big motoring world but you haven't let us see it. Any reason for this?
    • You may have posted already – but anyway, have you got anything in writing from Audi or anyone confirming the water in the sills?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard almighty bang and house shook:eek:

car in layby at end of road exploded into flames:(

Thank goodness not nearer the houses, which are made of wood. Rang firebrigade as one of many calls about it I think and soon out. What got me was the group of kiddies hanging so near to it the fireman had to move them on,you would think it was bonfirenight.

Where are the parents of these kids?:roll:

Nothing - Its been an absolutely fabulous day. roll on the weekend too.

Barbecues on the ready lol

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Mazbck

Well its looking a lot better for you this weekend

Met Office: Grampian: forecast weather

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

car in layby at end of road exploded into flames:cry:

Can you cook sausages over a car, yep where I am:shock::grin:

You sure there will be anything left of them lol

how many can you cook or is that frazzle in a minute hehe

PF

Not a good result..Seems like my Dad has to suffer. They won't risk moving his pacemaker even though he regrets having it done and is in constant pain. :( Next step is to go private, whatever the cost ,because I know he'd do the same for me.

That's appauling that your Dad is suffering with pain with the pacemaker.

There must be a Pain Team that can give some advice on his pain management. Maybe worth asking to be referred to a Pain Team.

Good luck.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I did a boot fair this morning and unfortunately the sun was only shinning on one side of me. I now have one sun burnt arm and one side of my face and neck is burnt. How attractive lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Not a good result..Seems like my Dad has to suffer. They won't risk moving his pacemaker even though he regrets having it done and is in constant pain. :( Next step is to go private, whatever the cost ,because I know he'd do the same for me.

Thats terrible:eek:

Everyone cranking up the BBQs........and me going to work :(:(

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

My Sony laptop. It is of no age at all, but a button has fallen off and now all sorts of things are going wong. At this rate, I won't be able to acccess CAG, which is a disaster! It's a bag of spanners and I'm about to throw it out of the window if it doesn't get its act together.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Sony laptop. It is of no age at all, but a button has fallen off and now all sorts of things are going wong. At this rate, I won't be able to acccess CAG, which is a disaster! It's a bag of spanners and I'm about to throw it out of the window if it doesn't get its act together.

HB

continue on your tech thread... you'll get all the help you need :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you locutus, the tech thread has been great. It's just that there are days when you want to attack it with a hammer. Or I do anyway, and I can't afford to!

I will try to be a better person tomorrow and post again if I fail.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

I've got a hard day today and was not happy getting woken up at 5.45 (stupid o'clock) to pick the OH off the floor as she has trapped a nerve in her back. Unfortunately, I am not the strongest of men and she is not the lightest of women.:mad:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Trying to sit out yesterday in our back garden to relax and read a book. 2 Children from next door (offspring of the neighbours friend who seems to practicly live there) one about 5 other about 2/3 were sticking there heads over the wall standing on their climbing frame and shouting at me to get my attention. I'm not great with kids, said hello, and that I wasn't being rude but trying to read my book. Next thing I know they are both throwing stones at me!!!! :mad: I told them off, told them it wasn't nice, somebody could get hurt, and they just carried on ignoring me! I asked them to get their mum, to which I got an answer of "What?" I don't understand why people have kids if they don't want to f****** entertain them and spend time with them. They had all their windows open, and I could hear them inside so there's no way they couldn't hear me shouting stop throwing stones. The mother of said brats did come out at one point after the youngest fell off the climbing frame and started crying. I ended up moving my chair to a space where there is no sun behind my kitchen wall just so that they could not see me and would leave me alone.

This really p***** me off!! :mad::mad::mad: I don't see the difference between throwing stone at someone in their own yard and waltzing into someone's living room and doing the same. It's our yard. Our private property where we should be able to sit out without stones being hurled because you don't want to entertain their brats. They should get attention off their own parents and family not strangers. If I wanted to entertain kids I'd have my own or get a job with children. As their mother is allways there I'm assuming this is going to become a habbitual problem throughout this summer ('tis not the first time this has happened) and not sure what is the best action to take. I'm considering hammering on their front door the next time and politley asking them to stop the children throwing stones at me and my property. I'll probably get abuse or told "kids will be kids". I did shout my neighbours name over the wall yesterday to ask her but she ignored my calls. Kids will be kids, I was one once and managed not to behave like that, and it wasn't all that long ago.

It's really putting me off sitting out in my own back yard :-( :-(

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I wouldn't hammer on the door the next time - I'd do it today. That is outrageous. If they do it again, do you have community support officers? Mostly where I live they are completely useless but I do think you could insist they go and speak to these people. After all, what would happen if a stone hit you in the eye and blinded you?

I have a six year old and she wouldn't dream of behaving like that. It just wouldn't occur to her.

I actually despair about a lot of today's children, and clearly things are much worse than we know.

Do you know that when you take a child to hospital to paediatric A&E there is now a question on the check in questionnaire which asks if you have a social worker? Clearly these units must be seeing a lot of children many times and and are worried about non-accidental injuries, but for this to have become a standard question for everyone is very telling.

Whenever we've called anyone in the past (police council etc) it seems to aggrivate them even more and incidents seem to increase. The authorities seem to be sympathetic towards parents who don't want to care for their kids, and ignorant of those who are being affected by the kids. Perhaps they are afraid of the paperwork, or genuinley think being thrown abuse and stones should be expected on your own property. It puts us in an akward position. I don't want to encourage the behaviour in any way, but I cannot allow it to continue either. The stones were actually hitting me yesterday, they were pebbles to some reasonably sized stones, and they weren't throwing one at once they were both throwing handfulls so it was like a hail of stones. I am surprised they didn't hit my eye to be honest. I was livid. The kids seemed fine if you talked to them when they were shouting for attention, but the second I turned back to my book stones were hurled. I am not a babysitter and do not want the constant badgering of a strangers kids, or the apparent consequences for ignoring them! I wouldn't dream of behaving like that as a hild and although I don't have any myself I don't know a single friend with children who would let them behave in such a way. I think the parents are just happy as long as it's not them that the kids are trying to get attention from.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

The problem is that there are so many totally vile parents. We went out on Saturday and my daughter and her friend queued for pony rides, but other mothers just pushed their children to the front. Then when they were on a climbing tree a much larger boy tried to push them out of the way, and that's when I did intervene and said something, and made him wait. Then of course when he went up he stopped halfway up and blocked the whole thing so the girls couldn't go up, but of course he moved when his friend wanted a go.

Yesterday we went to the swings. I don't let my child hog the swing while others are waiting. She gets five minutes or so and then I'll make her give someone else a turn. Other children stay on for 20 minutes or more and it's all about power: "I've got it, and I'm not sharing."

I do think you've got to fight back on this though, MP.