Lowell/Red & 2 debts - OD + loan

Azuma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If it was in any way 'urgent' they would have had you sign for it, either way it is best left ignored, and your response to them if ever it is required is 'Letter what letter? I didn't receive any letter?'

Whats good for the goose...:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

i posted this about a week ago:

We have recently had mail that was sent to you returned and as such we have taken steps to confirm your residence.

We have chosen to use the services of a credit reference agency and through various checks it appears likely that you are still resident at this address. As such we believe that you may be trying to avoid contact with us as your creditor.

We now intend to take further action against you in order to recover the outstanding balance, this action could include either, an agent visiting your address to discuss your account at a date to be advised. We also may consider commencing legal action against you.

This outstanding balance is not going to go away and trying to avoid your responsibilities will only make the situation worse.

You can resolve this matter by entering into a repayment plan or settling your account by paying a sum of money as full and final settlement.

Unless we hear from you within 5 working days from the date of this letter (27/07/2009) we will instruct our agents Red Debt Collection Services to take the appropriate action.

Please call telephone number xxxxxxx where one of our agents will be ready to help.

i pretty much ignored this letter, as they were phishing for info i think, i have already had letters from Lowell and they basically couldn't put two and two together in order to realise that i was the same person...

after a week, they (lowell) have "passed" my details to "red debt collection services" - i know these are the same monkeys but they have sent me an interesting letter (considering i have not responded to the letter(s) in question here.

They have sent me the following letter (RED now not Lowell):

"We would inform you that we have been appointed duly authorised collection agent for Lowell Portfolio I Ltd and instructed to recover the outstanding monies due to our client.

As you have failed to settle your outstanding balance or enter into a repayment plan our client has now instructed us to consider either:-

1. Using the services of a licensed 'Home Visit Agent' to attend your home during a period to be notified to you to discuss your account.

2. Start legal proceedings with a view to gaining a county court judgement, which if awarded by the court we would apply to the court to enforce this by either way of an application for a charging order against your property or the use of bailiffs who may remove goods from your premises should the debt remain unpaid.

Before a decision is made as to the most suitable form of action regarding your outstanding debt, we would like to give you the opportunity of contacting us and agreeing payment.

If we do not hear from you by 10/08/2009 and you persist with non payment our client will have no alternative than to use either recovery methods as described above, both could see your balance increase as any costs incurred may be added to your account by the court.

This debt is not going to go away and ignoring this problem could potentially make your situation worse and we therefore strongly recommend you contact us now.

To pay this account in full or to set up a repayment plan call ........."

Yours sincerely,

Kevin Allmark

Collections Manager.

I've got a few questions, the first and most obvious, is what is the likelyhood of any of the above actually happening? i'm pretty sure it's just their usual threat tactics, although would like to have your opinions.

Also, is this a common letter to recieve from these losers? any advice on my next course of action would be much appreciated :)

thanks as always guys,

Az

Edited by Azuma

Thanks for the advice,

i was thinking the same thing,

i have not responded to any letters relating to this so called debt,

but i have responded to another letter they sent me about 5 weeks ago relating to a different SB debt.

it's funny how they are phishing even though they have had a letter from me confirming my address with a different SB debt.

any other advice fellow Caggers?

Thanks ODC, it's mental how they use such pathetic "scare" tactics to make people fret and worry,

the only thing i was slightly concerned about was the threat of CCJ,

although i'm pretty sure this is HIGHLY unlikely, any thoughts on this?

Hey David,

yeah this alleged debt is a response for two different debts, one being an overdraft and the other is for a personal loan.

any reason why this could cause a problem knowing that?

Az

I CCJ for a Statute Barred debt. How deep do the Leeds Losers want to dig the hole they are in

ODC,

i'm not sure if this debt is SB, BUT this debt is totally seperate, and i have no contact with them about this alleged debt (the one that was passed to RED)

Az

Thanks David, i'm just going to ignore this i think, unless anyone can give me a reason not to at this juncture?

*Bump* - just to find out if anyone else has any other advise on this matter? any stories of similar detail?

thanks for all the amazing advice here

, i'm sure glad to have fellow Caggers like Sam (thanks hun) to hate these Losers as much as i do! (if not more)

i found it rather amusing when they said they would get a "licensed field agent" to visit me,

oh god how much i want someone to turn up at my door,

i'd invite them in and waste as much of their time as possible,

at the end saying "oh, i think you've got the wrong addy,

i've never heard of that person before,

i have been getting mail for them,

but just ignoring as i have no re-direct address" waste their time as much as they waste ours.

I just wish they would rot in the sewers where they belong.

thanks as always, you're all beautiful people :D

Az

DCAs tell so many porkies that they confuse even themselves. Most of them wouldnt know the thruth even if it were to hit them up the face. Telling 'customers' the truth is no good for business. It doesnt pay to tell folk that the debt they are chasing in unenforceable and STATUTE BARRED

agreed ODC, it's a sorry state of affairs that this country can't educate it's people well enough so as to prevent beligerent behaviour such as used by the DCA's on the general public and as i've seen in most cases rather vulnerable people.

Az

Thats how this **** prosper. By preying on other peoples misery. Slowly slowly more and more folk are being educated to the fact that DCAs are impotent and rely on peoples ignorance for the law.

I think you've summed DCA's up quite well ODC "preying on others misery" - their like vultures.

With a little more exposure, perhaps one day, something will be done to prevent this blatant miscarriage of justice going on all over the country on a daily basis, effecting more and more people... like a cancer (that's how i see these DCA's)

Az

My wife got same letter at weekend AZUMA word for word, it is now filed under T*****s, threat threat YAAAAWWWN

haha, nice to see they are still using template threat-o-grammes huh? when will they get the message and give up? :rolleyes:

Az

yep a bit slow the losers.

same threats since 2006.at least.

get some new material.

would suggest a chat with your legal experts...HAMPTONS:D

see if they have a better idea that the latest farcical BID TO BUY BACK.

SAM

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

I posted a little while back with regards to Lowell phishing for me to contact them over an alleged debt they appeared to have taken over, essentially i decided not to respond to any of the letters until they can give me some solid info PROVING it was mine. After some time (approx 2 weeks) follwing letters threatening me with "a licensed field agent" turning up at my door. They have now put a calling card which is below. The question is, have these been hand delivered or is it just a case of them trying ANYTHING they can to get me to contact them? Is this something that has happened on a regular occation at all? Any advice on my next course of action would be much appreciated.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2176/3853378154_5a7cfcb628.jpg

Thanks,

Az