A national day of anti DCA action!

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FAO unmoderatethenet.

Cagger since : May 2008 I am in: You call it England, We call it Cesspit

Please edit your signature box the above is unacceptable and is not within the terms and conditions of the Consumer Action Group. It is also very offensive to a lot of the members of this site.

Edited by alanalana
added text

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

We really do need to change gear guys, the 24th is fast approaching!

Which DCA's are we going to target first?

And hopefully, you are all going to bombard the OFT and Gareth Thomas @ BERR as well.

Lastly, it has been suggested that, it would be a good idea to advise the media about the Campaign.

AC

Just about to mention that issue, ie without media attention, many people won't even know you are doing that or what it is about.

Have you advised other forums on the interweb on what you are doing and why you are doing it?(I know one other forum has been told cos I spotted it earlier today ;) ).

What they are complaining about and how to complain about it?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

FAO unmoderatethenet.

Please edit your signature box the above is unacceptable and is not within the terms and conditions of the Consumer Action Group. It is also very offensive to a lot of the members of this site.

Bet he or she is Scottish(love the rivalry which is why the Romans built a wall---to keep em out :D ).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Not to get shot at again for suggesting that folk have erred - but gareth thomas and berr have gone. It is something else and someone else now.

Good luck with this and I hope my earlier concerns do not materialise. I will drop the OFT and local MP an email.

hell yeah!! but credit solutions is mine ok!! please can you send out a reminder as have so much on my plate right now am bound to forget. will you also provide contact details too please ie numbers, anything that will help.

has anyone here actually gone to court over these unpaid settlements?

Not to get shot at again for suggesting that folk have erred - but gareth thomas and berr have gone. It is something else and someone else now.

Good luck with this and I hope my earlier concerns do not materialise. I will drop the OFT and local MP an email.

Quite Right!

shuffle, shuffle...

BERR has been replaced the Department for Business Innovation & Skills;

BIS.

looks like we will have to complain to MANDY now!!!

Ministerial Team - BERR

Telephone us on:

Call us on: 020 7215 5000

or 020 7215 6740 (Minicom)

Fax us on: 020 7215 0105

email us: [email protected]

Write to us at:

Ministerial Correspondence Unit

Department for Business, Innovation & Skills

1 Victoria Street

London SW1H 0ET

AC

Edited by angry cat
error

FAO unmoderatethenet.

I can see how this could be deemed offensive to cesspits up and down the country being compared, consider it changed.

Focusing on the protest, as stated we have less than a week left, social networking sites are the way forward.

Email everyone you know the chances are someone has been affected by a DCA and wants to contribute to the cause

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Hmmmm... something tells me that many wont be so keen to let the whole world know they have had a dca in their lives. It's a bit like admitting having an std.

this is the type of stigma that these DCA rely on:mad:

folks who are embarrassed by past mistakes,

or the ones that have actually payed debts that were not theirs.

fear of others knowing, the shame of being dragged into court.

so they pay up,or worry their selves sick if they just cannot.

change of circumstances,falling into arrears,for what ever reason is a fact of life.

nobody should be afraid to admit to having issues with a dca.

name them,shame them,and above all try to put a stop to their underhand practices.

before we have more suicides.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Totally agree Sam!

Personally speaking, I certainly do not feel ashamed or, embarassed.

More like bluddy furious at the Banks, who have passed the buck by selling my accounts to DCA's; accounts that were, still are in dispute.

If my PPI had not failed, I would not be in the position that I am in now...

being pursued by DCA's who know nothing of what has gone on before the accounts were passed over to them.

AC

is this still going ahead ?

All my letters are in the envelopes with CAG Stickers on ready to go, ive also got a number of draft emails ready to be sent from my CAG Email !

Is it best to send tomorrow via recorded delivery or first thing Tuesday morning ? ? ?

The retailers worst nightmare !

I wrote 9 complaints to 7 different DCA's last night and sent them out by second class post this morning. I headed each letter Formal Complaint and gave each DCA 10 working days to reply with a copy of their complaints procedure. It's a start.

If i don't get any reply's then i will be complaining by email and reporting them to the OFT.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Okay this is interesting my friend has the following to say and I quote 'Okay so were not at the hiring Temps stage to cover workload but two of my bosses are really not happy at the possible increased strain on Corry (Correspondence).'

Just remember replying to letters is no longer cost effective, scary letters and replies to CCA requests just cost money with nothing coming in. If one DCA is clearly not happy about this and others will def. remember the 24th June, if you you've not already done so please contribute and lets make this a success and follow up with other planned coordinated action.

Thanks Cagger's

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

My petition was accepted! Here is the link to it.

Petition to: state that only the original creditor can place a negative marker on your credit file. | Number10.gov.uk

Got a few signatures already from CAGGERS, obviously need some more.

I also made three telephone calls...

One to Cap1 where I kept asking what had happened to my pizza....

One to Westcot where I asked them to stop phoning me - without giving my phone number as I now didn't have one due to poverty...

One to Moorcroft also asking what had happened to my pizza

All made from a mobile phone with a one time SIM card