SB100 v HFC - is this default compliant? Court/Restons ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, had a letter from Restons on Saturday re disclosure. It seems that the court timetable doesn't matter to them.

Not really sure where to go from here..

restons071209003.jpg[/img]

So despite the letter above, you have not received ANYTHING by way of disclosure list from Restons?

As you have already made an application for strike out which is to be heard first, then I dont see there is much else you can do. :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats about it- nothing since that letter.

I expect to receive something shortly though, just so they can show the court that they have 'complied' and all that I'm trying to do is frustrate the proceedings...

Hi SB I trust that you had a good Christmas and new Year.

No news is good news in your case they haven't complied and you are not frustrating proceedings. Longer they leave it the deeper their hole gets.

Chill out.

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I did, thank you Andy.

I'm hoping that the DJ will take a rather dim view and hopefully dismiss- I did ask for it to be dealt with without a hearing so not sure why he's chosen to hear it in court?

Hello SB100!

Agree with Andyorch.

Best thing you can do is prepare a full Bill of Costs, and make sure both the Court and the enemy get a copy at least 24 hours before the Hearing.

This Post I made on Shakespeare62's Thread may be useful WRT Litigant in Person Bill of Cost compilation and supporting case law:

Shakespeare62 - v - a NastyBank - Post #283

The key is to make sure you pull out Disbursements from your time costs, because there is no effective cap on Disbursements, provided all are reasonable and supported by some evidence of the cost incurred.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

BRW

Thanks for that BRW. I will give it some attention later this week.

dd, do you think that's why they've not bothered with disclosure and exchange then? Irrespective of the dates, the DJ ordered inspection a week after disclosure, and exchange a fortnight later. We're in Court in a day or two over three weeks...

In the absence of anything from them, do I prepare a witness statement to accompany my N265 and just turn up with it on the day to defend?

Can they introduce docs on the day even if they haven't done an N265, merely because they've previously sent them to me or appended them to their previous WS for the SO/SJ hearing?

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions- I am somewhat naive and inexperienced where these things are concerned.

Thanks again, everyone, for your help.

im just going on their previous Modus Operandi

when they are beat they get miffed and spiteful

if they try to ambush you with documents or refer to case law which has not been previously disclosed to you - you should firmly object and if necessary ask for an adjournement to consider them

Hi tiokim

I wouldn't expect sending the letter would have an immediate effect of making Restons throw in the towel, after all they'll string their case out for as long as they can for the monetary reasons suggested above. :mad: At least it should have made them aware that you know they know they cannot win and will probably be discontinuing your case (providing your DN was defective for the same reasons). ;)

It's a shame people can't present such letters to the court as evidence that the likes of Restons/HFC/MBNA etc are fully aware that they are flogging a dead horse, and thus are behaving vexatiously on a regular basis. :mad: Maybe some sort of mass action in reporting them is needed.

I believe your hearing is any day now, but I'm not sure of the exact date because you seem to play your cards very close to your chest (no disrespect intended), but as mentioned above, if your DN was defective and you have said the right things in your Defence/Witness Statements, you shouldn't have too many problems winning one way or another, so good luck! :)

Cheers

Rob

if this letter is found on a public forum why CANt it be produced in court to support a strike out application??

Just for the records, Restons Discontinue the claim against me, after I made an application to court for Diane Powell to clarify her WS about a reconstructed CCA being an original one. I am now trying to recover costs from Restons(over £2000) They are being difficult as expected!!

I've still had nothing from Restons. As we're in court next week I'm guessing they're not going to disclose or bother with exchange of statements.

I shall spend this week getting my costs together. I doubt they'll come to much though

I've still had nothing from Restons. As we're in court next week I'm guessing they're not going to disclose or bother with exchange of statements.

I shall spend this week getting my costs together. I doubt they'll come to much though

You'd be surprised how they stack up.

Have a look at these links -

WASTED COSTS THREADS

Have a look at the pdf's that Surfaceagentx20 has attached at the bottom of the post on a letter for wasted costs -

Surfaceagentx20 wasted costs

also

Liabilty for Costs CPR 38.6

Sharpman v Nationwide credit card services ***WON WITH WASTED COSTS***

Welcome/Cohens - case withdrawn ***WOO-HOO ***

have a look at this post by IGNM on costs as well -

IGNM post on costs

and this one as well - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2685341.html

Hiya SB,

My case is 14 days away and Im Still waiting for documents

The "other side" are hoping to rely on.

And Ive let the court know they haven't complied with his 'onners order.

by letting me have a look at 'em. Let's go FORWARD To-Gether......

you first.....:)

Good Luck...

sir Fussalot.

if they do intend to proceed you will receive nothing until the 11th hour so dont count your chickens just yet

How would this be looked on by the DJ, when they've not disclosed anything and as a result we haven't exchanged witness statements?

Surely the above adds strength to my SO application, to be heard on the morning of the trial?

IF there's a possiblity of them bombarding me, surely I should be ready with my defense etc.. or would I ask for and adjournment? I'm really concerned about being ambushed- and, as a result, being catastrophically ill-prepared.

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions... ;)

Hiya SB,

My case is 14 days away and Im Still waiting for documents

The "other side" are hoping to rely on.

And Ive let the court know they haven't complied with his 'onners order.

by letting me have a look at 'em. Let's go FORWARD To-Gether......

you first.....:)

Good Luck...

sir Fussalot.

And to you- I'll post any developments. Suspect it might become an interesting week.

How would this be looked on by the DJ, when they've not disclosed anything and as a result we haven't exchanged witness statements?

Surely the above adds strength to my SO application, to be heard on the morning of the trial?

IF there's a possiblity of them bombarding me, surely I should be ready with my defense etc.. or would I ask for and adjournment? I'm really concerned about being ambushed- and, as a result, being catastrophically ill-prepared.

Sorry for the possibly stupid questions... ;)

creditors get away with a whole lot of things that the court will not let you get away with

its just one of those things that has been allowed to continue , even after the reforms

if they try to ambush you with documents or refer to case law which has not been previously disclosed to you - you should firmly object and if necessary ask for an adjournement to consider them

In theory could they proceed with what they've already used, ie the application / agreement and DN that were displayed with the previous SO/SJ hearing without needing to 'disclose' again to comply with the court order.

Sorry to ask so many daft questions- I'm in court later this week, and don't want the DJ to say he's going to proceed because I'm already aware of what I am facing so should have been prepared- and ignore their failure to comply with the court order / disclosure / inspection / exchange of WS.