SB100 v HFC - is this default compliant? Court/Restons ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not yet.. I have a decision to make following a phonecall I just received from a very nice lady as Restons.

They're discontinuing.

The question is, will I agree to a consent order that each party bears their own costs...

Undecided at present.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet.. I have a decision to make following a phonecall I just received from a very nice lady as Restons.

They're discontinuing.

The question is, will I agree to a consent order that each party bears their own costs...

Undecided at present.

I would contact the court and find out if restons have advised them

if not i would ATTEND tomorrow just in case

They're discontinuing.

Undecided at present.

Hi SB

Although Restons have previously discontinued a case against me as you know, I wouldn't consider myself an expert on all the angles of discontinuation. For example spamalot is presently objecting to a discontinuation by Marlin/Phoenix/MC because she wants to take things further.

However, my non-expert advice would be to ignore their request as they seem to be trying to avoid paying your costs (having had to fork out costs for several other CAGgers after discontinuing).

Let them discontinue of their own volition and hopefully you will be in for a tidy amount in costs payable to you! ;)

why are you asking for an update?

i am sure SB said the hearing was on Friday

(perhaps i have got it wrong)

spoke too soon- there he is!!

Hi DD

I was just trying to hint to SB to reveal something which he had told me (understandably) in a PM. ;)

Looks like another result for CAG is imminent!!! :D

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robcag
Typo

Hi SB

I've spoken to the court and they haven't received notice of discontinuance yet.

I don't think they'll do it until we agree on the costs issue.

As I said in my PM. it might be worth checking with the court again later.

Sometimes (usually?) the court answers the phone right up until 5:00pm even if their office is closed to visitors in person.

I think they realise have no option but to discontinue, the costs issue is just a face-saving/damage limitation exercise, call it what you will.

As DD has said above, be ready to attend the court and as he says, they may send someone along to make a last-ditch attempt to frighten you into agreeing to something before throwing in the towel.

Personally I'd ignore everything they've said in their letter and phonecall (except about discontinuing of course!), and anything which they might say tomorrow.

They're gasping their last breaths, so let them. Just feel pleased with yourself that they're beaten. :)

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robcag
Typo

Hi SB

I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but this is the sort of thing that Restons are trying to avoid;

And now I got the costs cheque

cheque.jpg

See what I mean? :D

I hope you've got your schedule of costs well prepared! ;)

Cheers

Rob

That little cheques was mine, dont listen to their waffle, they brought the action, messed up and now want you not to have costs. Imagine if boot was on other foot, they wouldn't say goodbye to their costs. Go to court, you've done the preparation work and let them withdraw at court.

Good luck. Restons were emailing me late into the night before the trial to get me to settle.:D

That little cheques was mine, dont listen to their waffle, they brought the action, messed up and now want you not to have costs. Imagine if boot was on other foot, they wouldn't say goodbye to their costs. Go to court, you've done the preparation work and let them withdraw at court.

Good luck. Restons were emailing me late into the night before the trial to get me to settle.:D

Hi FB

Exactly! I couldn't have put your description of the repeat situation here with Restons better myself!

You soon sniffed the image of your cheque out! :D

I haven't signed their consent order as they sent this with it. Spoke to the Court and they hadn't had it so asked me to fax it over...

Consentorder004.jpg

IMHO I wouldn't recommend that you sign anything that Restons want you to sign if it means letting them off the hook with anything (costs here) or gains something for their client (the partial payment of the alleged debt).

Anyway, it now appears the discontinuance is not reliant on the consent order, Restons were just trying it on as previously stated! Just be glad you didn't sign it.

Now go get your costs!

Happy Days :D

Yes indeedy! :D

And don't forget to keep that 'Notice of Discontinuance' very safe SB.

Cheers

Rob

Hi SB

I understand at least a couple of posts in this thread (1 each of yours and mine) have been unapproved, but with your interests in mind. As people have probably noticed these were the ones which showed the Notice of Discontinuance.

However, my opinion remains the same, I wouldn't sign anything that Restons have asked for. They are just fishing for anything they can get out of you, or deprive you of your costs.

Cheers

Rob

UPDATE: Posts now re-approved due to how events unfolded - Thanks supasnooper!

Edited by robcag

Your confidence gives me confidence, and when they see the size of the files, and the amount of post-it tabs, they'll realise I've earned my costs.

I'm guessing that if they argue I merely suggest we let the DJ decide?