Commons debate on debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is the time to hit the OFT with all complaints about stuff mentioned in the restrictions imposed on 1st crud ;)

Thats what i was thinking, i dont know about anyone else but im fed up of seeing the same "we dont get involved in individual cases" template letter:rolleyes:

That order states they can be fined for each and every breach, so they can act on a single case, or that is what that statement says to me :confused:

Judging by the number of 1st crud and crap one SD cases both should have been fined hundreds of thousands and their licences revoked by now :mad:

I agree, the first time i read that report, i could not blieve they only have got a warning

Thats the bit that concerns me, is the report just a cosmetic excersice to make it appear the almighty OFT have done something, yet in reality, nothing is being monitored and nothing will change ?

Is it just a smoke screen

Credit where credits due though folks. Let's not forget the OFT has been locked in an almighty Court battle (on all our behalves) with the financial institutions for years now.

Maybe as resources become freed up within the OFT we'll see some enforcement action taken against the grubbier sector of the industry too.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Order of Business for Wednesday 22 April 2009

Summary Agenda

- Financial Statement by the Chancellor of the Exchequer (followed by debate on the Budget Resolutions) (may continue until 7.00 pm).

- Statutory Instruments (Motions for approval) (without debate).

- European Union Document (Motion) (without debate).

- Welsh Grand Committee (Motion) (no debate after 7.00 pm).

At the end of the sitting:

- Adjournment Debate: Debt collection and the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Andrew Mackinlay) (until 7.30 pm or for half an hour, whichever is later).

So half an hour, if and when they ever get to it? :-|

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Fingers crossed the MPs don't get bored and go home...

I don't think there can be more the a dozen left from the pictures. :(

Most have made a sharp exit. (probably in the house of commons bar ;))

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

There may also be some who will pop back for it, hopefully.

You couldn't blame them for getting bored of the budget debate and nipping off for a bit.

I don't think there can be more the a dozen left from the pictures. :(

Most have made a sharp exit. (probably in the house of commons bar ;))

There may also be some who will pop back for it, hopefully.

You couldn't blame them for getting bored of the budget debate and nipping off for a bit.

Im not sure if that mix may be good or bad, it if it was me it would be good, alcohol always helps me focus......my mind......not vision:oops::D:p

PS fermi thats two forums i have more posts than you on, just noticed, and very childish i know, but made me grin:p

Im not sure if that mix may be good or bad, it if it was me it would be good, alcohol always helps me focus......my mind......not vision:oops::D:p

Funny that, it makes me focus too, whats that about?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site