Guess the next bankrupt DCA Tally

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aktiv Kapital are on their way out - a lot of them are in real trouble. They invested heavily, aren't getting the returns on what they bought and now cannot get finance from the banks. I hope Hillsden Securities bites the dust.:D

Hell will not be fulluntil they are all in it. I wonder what sort of a job an unemployed threat monkey could get.

DLC/Hillesden workers - ideally placed for 'poultry processing' ;)

(Look up Faccenda) :D

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Well if all goes well tomorrow could...potentially see the demise of Cattles/Welcome !!!!!:p

Any news on this...i cant wait:evil:

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I can see the DCA deadpool being distributed between a new breed of debt collectors... ones that buy debts for even lower sums and thus are able to extend their sphere of harrassment - i.e. more intense collection procedures.

I can see companies becoming even more reluctant to provide sub-prime credit leading to a constriction of purchasing power by the credit hungry on the high street leading to a cataclysmic fallout of the entire financial system.

Sorry all... been reading up on how to scare the public via the route of Global Warming and Climate Change myth. Crossed over onto this debt thing too much...

Sorry

I can see the DCA deadpool being distributed between a new breed of debt collectors... ones that buy debts for even lower sums and thus are able to extend their sphere of harrassment - i.e. more intense collection procedures.

I can see companies becoming even more reluctant to provide sub-prime credit leading to a constriction of purchasing power by the credit hungry on the high street leading to a cataclysmic fallout of the entire financial system.

Sorry all... been reading up on how to scare the public via the route of Global Warming and Climate Change myth. Crossed over onto this debt thing too much...

Sorry

Hey dont be sorry, all views are welcome on here, and theres a lot in what you say

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I have set a new record...

£6.40 from a Blockbuster video account!!! Chased by Wescot too!!!

Mindboggling, Trouble them to provide you with a copy of the agreement/ proof of debt etc/ ask for their complaints procedure.

It wont be long before they have run up more expenses in postage/man hours to more than make this not worthwhile pursuing...idiots:D

This was a recent one and although I haven't used Blockbuster for 4 months or so the account, as far as I am concerned, is still "active" so I just phoned up Blockbuster, paid it, and called Wescot to tell them to leave me alone.

I don't think they would have been impressed if I had offered £1 per month haha!

I will have to post up the letter if I can find it.

Id go for Moorcroft next, they have a moron who continues to call our payroll department at work after a colleague who has been on long term sick leave (interesting story here but not for public consumption yet) and won't take NO for an answer, insist they have an 'attachment of earnings' for £300 for him but no legal paperwork as it 'isn't needed'.... luckily payroll are wise to these idiots and unless the paperwork is received through the correct channels they tell them to go forth....

I know, its fun now listening to their lies and rubbish, best two so far for me have been

Idiot 1 wanting to fast track me to a bailiff - to which I replied "Not without a court order...)

Idiot no 2 informing me that I needed a licence to record a telephone conversation with them - I asked where I could get this licence and they didn't know!

Back on the thread though my list would be (apart from Welcome)

Moorcroft

Westcot

and once the DCAs are down their little legal friends will surely follow

Bryan Carter

Hamptons Legal

Eversheds

Howard Cohen (if he's not already gone)

and then the courts won't end up with backlogs of dodgy claims from these idiots and can get down to weeding out the claims that don't follow the correct procedure

Sorry

Hve you noticed how more and more tv shows always seem to add global warming into anything they possibly can?

Yet more and more scientists are starting to question it. Just before christmas one of the climate research labs were exposed for using August's figures for Siberia and China in October and November. Therefore making average global temperatures to seem warmer than normal. The guy who's in charge of the lab has no qualifications in the subject at all.

Yet these are the people the goverments are basing our future on. :rolleyes:

Get on bittorrent or emule and download, "The great global warming swindle."

The best way to tackle climate change if there was such a thing, is to stop the DCA threat monkeys from spouting all that hot air. ;) Got to get this post sort of on topic somewhere.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

This threat arm of the Leeds Losers is already under scrutiny and will soon be getting the Worst Credit treatment

stoke on trent TS.looking into hamptons.

letters containing "we now intend to require a copy of your credit file,to help us deceide which legal action to take"

veiled threat meaning we intend to f*** up your file:rolleyes:

stoke on trent TS.looking into hamptons.

letters containing "we now intend to require a copy of your credit file,to help us deceide which legal action to take"

veiled threat meaning we intend to f*** up your file:rolleyes:

One of their threat monkeys actually promised to F*** Up my Credit file forever if I didnt pay them. Needless to say that was Pre_Cag

I think their business model is stuffed. Remember they didn't really exist in their current form until 12 years or so ago (what a coincidence same as Liebour's misrule). This business model was imported from the US along with their sub prime fest etc etc.

Their success was based on buying low, chasing for full payment and trying it on with people who didn't know their rights and didn't ask for paperwork etc.

Hurrah for we CAGers and other groups who by sharing information and mutual support have pushed them down a blind alley. We have refused to be bullied and intimidated, have used the law against them and topped this up with an avalanche of complaints to bodies and the media.

I know Cabot is seeking new financial backers (among others) but with the shortage of international credit and the fact they won't get the returns any more they will struggle and, we hope, bite the dust.

Militant debtors of the world unite!

they are stuffed

I was poking around for stuff this morning,and I found an old letter from LCS threatening legal action for a "debt" (which incidentally still hasn't had a penny more paid off it....and you're talking 2 years now.....)

I actually hid it and never told my wife at the time because I was scared,I have to admit

roll on a bit,and what a change

now we just roll around laughing when they come in

I think their business model is stuffed. Remember they didn't really exist in their current form until 12 years or so ago (what a coincidence same as Liebour's misrule). This business model was imported from the US along with their sub prime fest etc etc.

Their success was based on buying low, chasing for full payment and trying it on with people who didn't know their rights and didn't ask for paperwork etc.

Hurrah for we CAGers and other groups who by sharing information and mutual support have pushed them down a blind alley. We have refused to be bullied and intimidated, have used the law against them and topped this up with an avalanche of complaints to bodies and the media.

I know Cabot is seeking new financial backers (among others) but with the shortage of international credit and the fact they won't get the returns any more they will struggle and, we hope, bite the dust.

Militant debtors of the world unite!

The DCAs cannot now promise their merchant bankers huge returns on the money they borrow. People are discovering their Legal Rights. Someone who becomes unenmployed is going to prioritise what they spend their money on and the bloodsuckers of DCA land come well down the list. Given a choice of feeding a family or paying a telephone threat monkey is really a no brainer.

Looks like a lot of souped up Saxos will be going up for sale and the sales of WKD and Hair Gell go down as the threat monkeys fail to meet their monthly blood money total.

I like the defence of a zero balance. It was argued recently by a poster in court that the original creditor had written off the debt so how could a DCA buy a zero balance? The judged agreed with her and the DCA was thrown out of court. If we all refused to pay on masse, there is nothing they could do about it - that would help them on thier way down the tubes!:D

The thing is that the DCA's relied upon fear and people's perceptions of bailiffs...

I think there's something in the idea too of the stigma attached to debt which was inherent from the older generation. In the village where I used to live people used to know everything about each other and gossip was rife... since the expansion of the towns and general proliferation of the consumer society people now brag about their debts in obvious ways... such as a new car (on HP of course), extensions paid for with the capital in the house (remortgage) and Christmases paid for on the credit cards.

My wife (then girlfriend) used to literally shake and cry a few years ago before I came along and told her not to worry and that it couldn't be that bad. She had around £28,000 of debt once the interest payments added up... I mean she was a single mum, in a council house with £800 per month after tax... if there's anything telling about the state of our banks then it is lending to people like my wife in the quantities involved (she agrees with me on this - but had to keep reborrowing to pay off things).

They stung her on things like PPI, massive late payment charges and interest because she didn't realise they were optional...

She now laughs with me when the DCA's ring up... she knows the same as me that the errors of the banking system in the past are haunting them. Seriously... unless you have a house and items worth a hell of a lot of money the attempts by DCA's are futile.

The zero balance argument is compelling. Nearly all these debts have been securitised so who actually owns them anyway? There was a repo case for half a dozen houses in the US where the Judge threw it out as the mortgages had been securitised so no-one knew who actually owned the houses anyway.

I think the securitisation aspect of DCAs is one we have yet to explore properly as what is it they claim to be buying?

The zero balance argument is compelling. Nearly all these debts have been securitised so who actually owns them anyway? There was a repo case for half a dozen houses in the US where the Judge threw it out as the mortgages had been securitised so no-one knew who actually owned the houses anyway.

I think the securitisation aspect of DCAs is one we have yet to explore properly as what is it they claim to be buying?

Exactly Rhia!

Great Big Buckets of debt;

1 or 2 good ones mixed in with a some mediocre ones and a multitude of lemons.

What a mess...

AC

x

Edited by angry cat
addition

I think the attitudes that DCA's show is systemic now.

Its been built up over so many years, were by they think its their right to speak to debtors however they want & harrass them however much they want..totally oblivious to the legal aspects of it all.

Slowly but surely...sites like CAG are now becomming systemic as well ;)