MBNA - Let battle commence / **DISCONTINUED**

Mightyacorn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

inthesh1t, I have started your own thread and moved your post and the reply to

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/249793-another-mbna-muddle.html

That way you wont get lost in MA's thread.:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Been to Court, very friendly Judge. Cohens/CL Finance did a no show. No paperwork from them at all, other than fee paid, even Judge scratched head over that one. Showed Judge Discontinuance Notice and letter from Cohens, comment was made regarding Cohen's claim that a copy has been lodged at Court.

Judge's decision, case discontinued, application by me for costs for unreasonable behaviour by Cohens/CL Finance granted and awarded.

Unreasonable behaviour by Cohen's :-

1) Having lodged claim. their refusal to provide me with the relevant papers under CPR unless I paid them £1. Does not comply with CPR

2) Letter to me from Cohen's after my defence but before AQ filed, stating that I had requested copies of documents relating to account and that they have requested them from original creditor. Indicates that Cohens/CL Finance not in their possession when proceedings commenced. Fact that they discontinued proves that had they had possession of full facts then proceedings wouldn't have commenced.

Oh this is excellent news. So did he award you your costs there and then or have you got to submit any paperwork ?

I have amended your title.. again :grin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is the way most cohens cases that are defended go, they are all bluff and blunder, don't even attempt to put any sort of case together, all the while paying out court fees:confused:

Well done to you!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Oh this is excellent news. So did he award you your costs there and then or have you got to submit any paperwork ?

I have amended your title.. again :grin:

I did a Bill of Costs, Judge read it smiled, went through it cut it down by just under a half, but very friendly and explanatory, stating that she had to make the claim reasonable. But none the less well worth it.

I have now complained to the SRA regarding Cohens' behaviour.

I wonder if there is anything else I can do. I have searched the internet and foun the following on a site belonging to a firm called Gillhams Solicitors LLP, they are based in London:-

Term: vexatious litigant

These are litigants that habitually commence legal proceedings or otherwise bring unmeritorious applications to court. Vexatious litigants bring legal proceedings for the purpose of annoying the defendant and are characterised by an absence of a reasonable prospect of success.

When courts deal with such claims and applications they are bound to consider whether a civil restraint order should be made against the claimant to prevent the litigant from commencing, instituting or continuing proceedings in the future without the leave of the court. Such orders may be extended by prohibiting appeals from decisions made by the court to restrain future conduct. A current list of vexatious litigation is maintained at the Court Service website.

Has anyone any information on this?

I have found the following:-

Court of Appeal Judgment Template

I don't think I've got enough to go on my own on this one, my feeling is a numberof similar cases need to be looked at, and someone in a similar position to myself who hasn't yet gone to Court on it, takes several instances of like actions by Cohens and presents them to the Court.

• 2 weeks later...
I did a Bill of Costs, Judge read it smiled, went through it cut it down by just under a half, but very friendly and explanatory, stating that she had to make the claim reasonable. But none the less well worth it.

did the judge strike out the claim ???.

No, marked it as discontinued.

Not a problem, just keep all of the documentation, to hit them with should they ever stupidly return to this (unlikely i would have thought, even for these shysters!):)

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 2 weeks later...

An update:-

A letter arrived in the post this morning franked "Return address PO Box 42 Cleckheaton, BD19 3YZ",(a post code, which, according to the Post Office, doesn't exist), in it was a nice letter from HC and a cheque to cover Court costs...cheque not from CL Finance, the claimant who was ordered to pay by the Judge, as one would expect, but from Lewis Group Ltd.

Does the firm CL Finance actually exist or not ????

Off to the bank.......