Taking a DCA to court ~ 21/11/08 ***Won in Court, with Costs***

berrylover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, I cannot say much about what happened (agreed I wouldn't), but what I can say, I WON!!!! Was awarded costs and DCA have until a week on friday to pay them or I can get the bailiffs in, lol. I am over the moon!!!!

Brilliant. I bet you left the court looking like this....

chr_gingy_p1_800.jpg

But with less icing and gumdrop buttons. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Hmm B.L. is not online at the moment. Bet she's out celebrating. But I don't blame her. I'd be doing the same myself and hopefully will be very soon. :)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Yeah, I dont blame her! :D

I'd love to hear the ins and outs of this.

I wish people would realise that agreeing to keep schtoom is only legally binding if the other side have paid money for the "schtoom keeping", on top of the rest of the claim!

I guess it never made it in front of the judge. Their rep would have made an offer of settlement in the waiting room for ££££ and that was that.

Edited by noomill060

Congratulations Berrylover, fantastic news, please tell us every bit of info you can about this (when you've stopped celebrating :D)I'm raising a glass to your success right now!:D. I was in such suspense today I decided I'd earned it.:D

FABBBBBBBBBBBBB news - well done

now you can be our own personal bodyguard, lol well someone has to help us against the hits we get,,,,

tactfully trying to say, you now can be our lawyer,,,,hahah

Wish you the best and keep happy Ciao MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hello BL!

Great news.

Without saying what you are not allowed to say...

...who, exactly, asked for a gagging order?

Just curious if it was the DCA or the Judge.

I don't like it when this happens, as I feel they have no right to do this if you Won, or add it as a condition to any Payment to you.

I appreciate you may be constrained from saying too much.

Cheers,

BRW

chr_gingy_p1_800.jpg

No I think I had more icing and more gumdrop buttons to be honest!!!

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

chr_gingy_p1_800.jpg

FB (hope you don't mind me calling you that!) - I'm a little disappointed that you think LESS icing/gumdrops are needed?! Its a celebration, there should me MORE not less!

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Well done Berry, fantastic news, it would be great to know what you put in your court docs, as this would no doubt be of great use to others....if you want to PM it to me, and I can post it up on this site...!!

Oooo - and WELL DONE Berry Lover! Pround of you!

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

congratulations:D

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

First things first - congratulations Berrylover for taking on the enemy and getting a positive result.

Everybody who successfully takes this step can justifiably feel that they have not only gained a victory for themselves, but also made a crucially important contribution in helping to build a fairer and more decent world.

The gagging is worrying, though. I'm sure we'd all like to know exactly who or what has imposed this.

In this war, the bad guys have traditionally held the upper hand. There are many contributing factors. Firstly, the system is inherently biased towards money, and equally biased against people. Court cases are nothing more than games for large institutions - no different from a little punt on the horses. Some cases will be won, and some will be lost. At the end of the day, each individual result doesn't matter, so long as the overall profit figure is good enough.

Whatever the result of each individual case, no-one's life changes. Everyone will go home and eat the same dinner, sleep in the same bed, and be back at work the next morning sitting at the same desk. It has no more consequence than the result of the Grand National or the office sweepstake.

How different the world is for the "little guy". Here, the result of one court case can determine the entire direction of the rest of their life. Everything that has been painstakingly built up over a lifetime can be wiped out in one fell swoop, often on a technicality.

This is another fundamental reason for the unfairness of the system. Every institution fights many cases, often with the same lawyers. As with any other skill, it is inevitable that practice will improve their performance.

The layman, on being presented with a court claim which could change his life dramatically for the worse, is often like a rabbit frozen in the headlights. Faced with deadlines and panic, and faced with a situation he has no experience or knowledge of, it is inevitable that mistakes will be made.

That is why the gathering of intelligence is so important. Every piece of experience which can be logged will reduce the disadvantage faced by the litigants of the future. Every time the same rough ground is trod, it becomes smoother for those following behind.

I am certain there is a very genuine reason for the non-disclosure, otherwise I'm sure the information would be forthcoming. Would it not be possible to disclose the details of the case privately, to a member of the site team, so that the general concepts could then be made available to any future potential litigants?

SH

• Haha 1

Sorry, I cannot see the point of this thread. There are no details of the case or the legal argument. It starts with the OP taking a DCA to court and then he says he won?

On what grounds was the action taken and what was the legal argument and judgment? Just says he is not allowed to say.