Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New poster on here but I have been a reader for just over a month now. Glad I found this place. I received one of these this morning....jzelbc.jpgI haven't spoken to them for years due the them being so rude to me and speaking to me as if I was a child! They are trying anything now to get people to call them.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno about anyone else but I resent the sending of such cards which are:

A) Misleading, how are we 'customers'? Wouldn't that denote a certain level of respect which is clearly lacking and;

B) Their address at the bottom reveals that the recipient is subject to some sort of financial collection activity and removes the right of the alleged debtor to deal with the matter in privacy and with dignity. Breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines?

I'd report to local trading standards who will if they agree, pass to the OFT. I have it on good authority that Link are turning up a lot at the OFT so any extra pressure we can add to get this shower to sort themselves out will be most welcome :D

Dunno about anyone else but I resent the sending of such cards which are:

A) Misleading, how are we 'customers'? Wouldn't that denote a certain level of respect which is clearly lacking and;

B) Their address at the bottom reveals that the recipient is subject to some sort of financial collection activity and removes the right of the alleged debtor to deal with the matter in privacy and with dignity. Breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines?

I'd report to local trading standards who will if they agree, pass to the OFT. I have it on good authority that Link are turning up a lot at the OFT so any extra pressure we can add to get this shower to sort themselves out will be most welcome :D

Will do. Many thanks for for your advice.

New poster on here but I have been a reader for just over a month now. Glad I found this place. I received one of these this morning....jzelbc.jpgI haven't spoken to them for years due the them being so rude to me and speaking to me as if I was a child! They are trying anything now to get people to call them.

***Physical/Psychological Harassmant***

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, e.g. by not putting correspondence in a

sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox, thereby running the risk that

it could be read by third parties.

Come on, John Fingleton; Office of Fair Trading, do something about LINK FINANCIAL LIMITED!!!

Don't disagree jdes!

No doubt, the OFT and TSS are aware of the ever continuing misleading, unfair business practices employed by Link Financial Limited and their associated companies.

The year 2010, will see some changes...firms such as previously mentioned will not be able to continue with their harassment of the 'general consumer';

they will have to follow legislation as laid down, which will be UK Law.

that cracked me up about the comedian not wanting to perform.

since the poor cca ive heard nothing from link which is good.

a letter doesnt scare me anymore..... and i NEVER found out who carl jones was.. WELSH RUGBY PLAYER?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Joy!!!

News

Link secures funding, despite financial hit - 18/12/2009

Debt buyer Link Financial has reported a fall in operating profit of 61 per cent to £4.2m in 2007-08 from £10.9m the previous year. After tax the company lost £9.5m.

Its acquisitions fell by eight per cent to £66.5m, while collections rose by 19 per cent. The results include the write off of £2.4m on its investment in Realcredit Capital, which it said there was uncertainty over recovering in full.

However, the purchaser has renewed its bank facility with Royal Bank

of Scotland until 2020, giving it the longest term funding in the sector. It has also created a new business – Link Financial Outsourcing – as a dedicated third party servicer.

Chief executive Paul Burdell said: "It makes sense to separate our own investments from the people and operations that do the servicing forthem – now in particular, since we’re working with one of Europe’s biggest fund managers to establish a dedicated consumer debt purchasing fund during 2010."

He added that the entity would offer servicing directly to lenders.

"That’s not to say that we are entering the DCA market, but rather that we are starting to see demand from our clients to help them recover the maximum from their own distressed portfolios in partnership over the long term instead of them taking a big hit on valuation today through a straight sale."

Burdell said Link has always been conservative in the valuation of its investments, but admitted that the financial year to November 2008 was a tough one for collections.

"Like our established market peers, we have felt the extra impact of reduced average customer payment levels in the recession, leading to a deferral of income along the curve."

AC

"That’s not to say that we are entering the DCA market, but rather that we are starting to see demand from our clients to help them recover the maximum from their own distressed portfolios in partnership over the long term instead of them taking a big hit on valuation today through a straight sale."

So, are they admitting that they're not a debt purchasing company? Therefore they have no right to start litigation?

Jeff.

Here are the details for the new Link Financial company;

'the dedicated third party servicer':

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0632508Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Link Financial Outsourcing Limited 7059696

Categories:

Consumer credit

Credit brokerage

Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis

Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Elmwood Park

Fleetwood Collections

Instantsilver

Thesis Servicing

Issued Date: 02-Dec-2009 Date Maintenance Payment Due: 01-Dec-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Paul David Burdell

Selina Lee Burdell

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business Camelford House, 89, Albert Embankment , LONDON, SE1 7TP, UK

Registered Office Camelford House, 89 , Albert Embankment, LONDON, SE1 7TP, UK

Interesting - seperate the staff from the assets?. Sounds like someone has been reading Robert Maxwells' biography!. methinks they are getting ready to send us some more members and is this leading fund manager one of those that helped to bring down RBS?. " Coming to a market near you - Link Financial - how much am I bid for this progressive and successful business?. " :p

The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) were hours away from Insolvency;

The Government bailed out RBS by using the taxpayers money;

RBS, then bail out Link Financial Limited;

Link Financial then constinue to pursue the very taxpayers who bailed out RBS.

We complain to TS and the OFT but they will not listen or, act. Because, these so called regulators are the puppets of the Government, who are in the pockets of Banks e.g. RBS.

Nice cosy, currupt relationships.

Of course, RBS will turn around and say they are helping business;

Monkey Business, I say!

Expect to receive, communications from Link regarding RBS/NatWest matters, in the near future...

• 4 weeks later...

Thought Link had gone quiet....so lo and behold a letter pops through the door. This time they want me to call (no hope there then) to dicuss why i have defaulted on my last paymeny. Well being as I never paid them anything that's a laugh. Added to more of the rubbish they send - but naturally kept.

Re post #1488:

Can someone please tell me where it is you find these details, especially proper (non-P.O. Box) address, for a DCA? - as I wish to CCA my boyfriend's creditors, one of whom is Link Financial (I assume their offices are still at 89 Albert Embankment) - half of them, such as Howard Cohen, only have P.O. Boxes on their correspondence, which is no good for Signed Recorded post.

Any assistance gratefully received, as I am chronically ill and not well enough to do a massive search through threads on this site for this info.

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

Hi HWY156

Here is two addresses I have use for link with Signed Recorded Delivery and always have confirmation on Royal Mail site for them and replies from them.

Hope this helps.

Link Financial

5 Trecenydd Business Park

Caerphilly

Mid Glam

CF 2YD

Link Capital

P.O.Box 107

Caerphilly

CF83 9AD

Thank you 24233513afw and Emandcole - our payments usually go to London, should I not use the Albert Embankment address?

Take care. Hxx

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb