Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably best to use the address that Link itself provides on whatever letter is their latest. The signing for recorded delivery issue can be awkward but once they reply that's acknowledgement in itself.

If you are requesting info for example and they repeatedly ignore it that's frustrating but on the other hand it can be favourable to you as you're still building a record of recorded delivery letters to them that they've not responded to - makes them look poor if things get more serious. In the event that things do get serious they would then be very foolish to ignore you but then you'll also have other options available to obtain such info.

It all works itself out in the end dependent on the seriousness of each scenario.

Just keep all letters you send and all proof of delivery etc or your patience will be worthless ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you again for your help, ermandcole :o) It's not clear though whether or not Signed For Recorded letters can be delivered to p.o. boxes... and a p.o. box address is all Link Financial has provided us. I have done one CCA previously, to Lowell, but sent it to their street address, not p.o.b.

I don't mean at all to be awkward, I'm just confused....

Wait, I've just seen a post from someone else who has sent Signed For to a p.o.box, so I understand now, you can. Soz to be so thick.

Thanks again, especially for your incredible patience!!!

Best & take care, H.xx

Edited by Hwyl56

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

Keep us posted :D

I certainly will.... really appreciate everyone's help, as soon as I can will contribute to the site... this is one of the very few forums on the web where people are consistently patient & pleasant!!!:-):):)

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

• 2 weeks later...

:-)

Thank you again for your help, ermandcole :o) It's not clear though whether or not Signed For Recorded letters can be delivered to p.o. boxes... and a p.o. box address is all Link Financial has provided us. I have done one CCA previously, to Lowell, but sent it to their street address, not p.o.b.

Hi,

Just come across this thread. To anyone who is unsure about PO boxes. The PO Box number is classed as a valid address for the matter of postage. A PO Box number is unique and assigned to a normal street address. There is no additional increase in postage times on PO Boxes, watch out for companies that tell you there is. In this case, I imagine companies like Link use them to stop people turning up on their doorstep.(knew having worked for Royal Mail would be useful oneday ...lol)

Does anyone know if there is a thread anywhere on how a CCA works?

For instance, if you have CCA'd a debt but the CCA hasn't been signed for by the creditor or debt collection agency, do you have to continue to pay your token payments to said creditor/DCA?

I've CCA'd Link but Signed For Recorded shows no record of them having signed for it yet.

Thanks again for any assistance, have done a search without much luck (I have ME so run out of energy during searches pretty quick!).

Take care, H.xx

PS. Ionack, thanks for info on what a p.o. box is :) what a wealth of information everyone is on here!

For instance, if you have CCA'd a debt but the CCA hasn't been signed for by the creditor or debt collection agency, do you have to continue to pay your token payments to said creditor/DCA?

I believe that proof of postage is sufficient for you to eventually stop making payments once the deadline has passed and the account moves into dispute. Otherwise a creditor could ignore the entire process and never deal with any CCA requests knowing that as they haven't formally accepted the request they can still insist on payment.

Emandcole is correct regarding the proof of postage. Royal Mail is notoriously slow at getting the proof of postage signatures online. The other thing that most members of the public do not realise, is that 1st class recorded is not a next day service, in RM's t&c it can take up to seven working days before they class it out of course, better to use special delivery, which is a next dayservice, costs a bit more tho.

The fact that there is no proof of signature does not mean that it has not been delivered. If the item has not been delivered it follows one of these courses.

Attemted delivery but no answer at premises. A P739 card is left (red card) letter will be returned to local delivery office to await collection. If after 7 days(not working days) the letter is not collected, it will get a red square info label marked as "not collected" and returned to you, provided to put a return address on the letter. If your letter was sent to a creditors known address, this would count as wilful delay on your request.

The other alternative is that they are entitled to refuse the item. this would be recorded as such by the local delivery office, again a red square info lable, this time marked as "refused" and again returned to you. This i feel would also be classed as wilful dely.

Sorry for it being a bit long winded

Edited by ionack

***Physical/Psychological Harassmant***

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, e.g. by not putting correspondence in a

sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox, thereby running the risk that

it could be read by third parties.

Come on, John Fingleton; Office of Fair Trading, do something about LINK FINANCIAL LIMITED!!!

Moorcroft too, had a card just the same from them at the weekend!

Sorry for it being a bit long winded

Ionack, I really **appreciate** your help. :) So I will send the second CCA letter (Failure to provide a copy of the agreement within the prescribed timescale [12+2 working days) to Link 14 working days from today, 4 February, as it's been seven working days since I sent the original CCA request.

By the way, if anyone else tries to get information without success off Royal Mail's website like I did the other day, don't bother ringing them. You have the hassle of an automated service that can't even recognise your voice and when you finally get through to a real person, they haven't any more info than the website!! :-x Plonkers.

This is my first bad experience in ages with RM for so I suppose I should count myself lucky.

Will post on here how it goes.

Take care, everybody, H.xx

Hi,

I have never yet had a letter acknowledged by Link.

However, I know they have received some of my mail because they have referred to the contents of my letters in their mail.

So, like ionack says, if it doesn't come back to you then they received it!:)

Regards, Jeff.

The Sunday Observer; 07 February 2010 prints an article that ask questions about the morality of firms such as Link Financial Limited.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2755139.html

We, have been asking similar questions for some time now...

Bravo, The Sunday Observer!!!

Hope it goes well for you

Andrew

Thank you, Andrew:) Just an update, still no record through RM Track and Trace of Link having received and signed for CCA request, 2nd CCA letter going out on 23rd Feb as mentioned earlier.

Hope everyone else is doing all right & not too stressed.

Great link re Sunday Observer article, cheers for that too!

H.x

Thank you, Andrew:) Just an update, still no record through RM Track and Trace of Link having received and signed for CCA request, 2nd CCA letter going out on 23rd Feb as mentioned earlier.

Hope everyone else is doing all right & not too stressed.

Great link re Sunday Observer article, cheers for that too!

H.x

Hwyl, i have generally taken to ignoring their po box address as RM website tells me even afetr weeks that it is still being processed through their network (these are not necessarily signed for, even though they should be!!). For my SAR, I sent the reminder by SD (~£5 well spent, I think!) to the London registered address and got a proof of signature + the docs in about a week.

goodluck.

atom

Hi, wondering if anyone can help rid me of my fears.

I have today received a letter from Link saying that they have bought an outstanding liability of £8064.84 from Ford Credit Group. This is for car finance of £32k, which left owing is the £8k. Obviously due to the hardships we have struggled with the payments, so Land Drover have passed the debt on.

Spoke to Link on the phone and they want the money by 22 Feb, all of it, so giving us plenty of time !!

We have tried for a loan, but knew we would get a rejection due to our failing credit score. We only have the one car now and obviously its needed for work, etc.

My worry is that afte reading this forum, Link will just keep adding the interest on to this, can they do this and is there no way i can stop them.

really worried !!

Hi, wondering if anyone can help rid me of my fears.

I have today received a letter from Link saying that they have bought an outstanding liability of £8064.84 from Ford Credit Group. This is for car finance of £32k, which left owing is the £8k. Obviously due to the hardships we have struggled with the payments, so Land Drover have passed the debt on.

Spoke to Link on the phone and they want the money by 22 Feb, all of it, so giving us plenty of time !!

We have tried for a loan, but knew we would get a rejection due to our failing credit score. We only have the one car now and obviously its needed for work, etc.

My worry is that afte reading this forum, Link will just keep adding the interest on to this, can they do this and is there no way i can stop them.

really worried !!

Hi, please start your own thread and we'll go from there :D. Give us the link to it once your done and we can get started on it.