Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help, just logged on to this web site. I'm a student with debts, possible ccj's around 15k, didn't know about them, didn't live in this country between 2002-2008, think debts go back to early 2003. don't know where to start, don't have income, husband low wage earner since returning to uk, checked with govtrust org, nothing seemed to be registred to my name - any suggestions?

Could it be that this matter is in relation to the student loan company?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have started university this year, mature student financially supported by my husband, no student loans. Have easycash bank account only, cant get credits cards, my husband paying back £50 a month to link finance due to card debt in his name. Had business aboard lost the lot due to recession. Now in rented flat, low income, and debt worms crawling out of woodwork. Link are the only company that had any contact with.

I have started university this year, mature student financially supported by my husband, no student loans. Have easycash bank account only, cant get credits cards, my husband paying back £50 a month to link finance due to card debt in his name. Had business aboard lost the lot due to recession. Now in rented flat, low income, and debt worms crawling out of woodwork. Link are the only company that had any contact with.

Well, Link (et al) cannot get blood out of the proverbial stone, then.

Sorry to hear about your probs; so many people are in the same position:(

However, due to your financial circumstances, you are safe.

You state that your OH is paying £50 per month to Link in respect of a credit card debt.

Who was the original Creditor (who provided the credit card)?

I would suggest, making a SAR to the original creditor and;

make a section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 Request.

The statutory fee's payable are:

SAR: £10;

CCA: £1.

Last question:

Did your OH take out the credit card payment protection insurance?

Edited by angry cat
spelling

Ah, do I hear the rumblings of another Link kicking on its way? :)

Welcome Soslanza and yeah, good luck with the exam. Angry Cat is a Link pro so follow the advice and we'll all look out for you. If you have any difficulties with the advice please let us know, there is no shame in asking and in time you'll be able to help others too.

One quick thing to remember, don't sign anything or provide any signatures. If you don't understand why I've written that please let us know and we'll explain further. Hope it's not patronising but wouldn't want to see you get a bad deal ok? ;)

Nice to hear that some of us are Happy...

post number 60:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/114015-phone-call-02077932682-a-3.html

Not so clever are you, Link Financial Limited?

Harassing Consumers who are "In Dispute".

SHAME on you LINK FINANCIAL LIMITED!!!

Nice to hear that some of us are Happy...

post number 60:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/114015-phone-call-02077932682-a-3.html

Not so clever are you, Link Financial Limited?

Harassing Consumers who are "In Dispute".

SHAME on you LINK FINANCIAL LIMITED!!!

No, bet Link won't be very happy that MBNA has refunded it direct, rather than to them. Someone will have a very nice Xmas, well done!

You are right MAGDA.

However, the PPI repayment wasn't/is NOT, their money!

There are many of us who are being chased by Link Financial, when in fact these Consumers should not be pursued at all when there is a genuine Dispute about e.g. the mis-selling of PPI etc...

Link Financial cannot have their cake and eat it!

Hi Folks, Exam went well today, but the downer of the day was a letter sent to a relatives address in my name. It is from BMS Ltd saying I owe money for a Barclayloan, never owed any money for a loan, only a bit on a overdraft in 2003. Letter says it is a notice of assignment, saying county court claim No.*******. It says BMC has been instructed by HLCF Ltd(who are they?) What should I do? Technically I have not received this letter because I do not live at that address, however the relative is elderly and I would not want any hassle for them.:|

Hi Folks, Exam went well today, but the downer of the day was a letter sent to a relatives address in my name. It is from BMS Ltd saying I owe money for a Barclayloan, never owed any money for a loan, only a bit on a overdraft in 2003. Letter says it is a notice of assignment, saying county court claim No.*******. It says BMC has been instructed by HLCF Ltd(who are they?) What should I do? Technically I have not received this letter because I do not live at that address, however the relative is elderly and I would not want any hassle for them.:|

I think we need a little more information. YOu say you have received a Notice of Assignment with a County Court Claim number on it ?

It is either a County Court Claim, in which case you need to act within time scales. Please start a thread in the legal issues.

Or it is a Notice of Assignment then it needs to be issued correctly, date, amount etc. Again, you will need to start a thread and give more information in order for people to advise you correctly.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

well cant get my breath.... we went to court today and the judge said yes keep the payments the same, but them said that link can apply for a charging order..... OMG and now link are persuing for another cant we put in an objection or what!!!

Link aslo sent me a letter to tell me i have defaulted om the contracted payment , whne thy have jsut obtained a ccj, can they do that , that 1 per month from GEadded to the account and now 2 from link since they took over that £130 per momth default and good knows how much in interest...omg!!!

hi Somad, isn't it the case that they got judgement by default originally? Not really sure what actually happened, i.e., did you you receive the court papers and defend it originally, or were you told to send the papers back to Link? If you can give a bit more info, hopefully we will be able to help.

Magda

we are in DMP woth payplan the filled all forms in and sent them back judegemnt was absed on the infromation given , but domnt know if court got them or link , document states to post back to link if admitting fault, defence direct to court? paypal advised us to admit liability , applied for a cca and they sent me the infromation back but the contracts not great!!! some sections missing form it!

judge looked over it said yes to leep payments same and has ordered a charging order yet to go ahead, which i think is disgusting as we have done everything we can to make bloody payments... im defending the next one as we havent had everyything back from the CCA, just statements which are not true copies of what we get from GE, Its just a print off, no contract recieved or T&C or had a letter from them to say they have bought the debt other than a mention in a phone call... or i might even go on the defence of unfair relationships, harrasssemnt, misrepresentation and failing to deal with a third party, just demanding money and being abusive...

Can we object to the charging order the judge said today that they would get it , but im concerned if other creditors might do the blooody same, but they have all accepted our repayment terms.

By the sounds of it, it might be worth trying to get the judgement set aside based on the fact that Payplan completed the forms and admitted liability on your behalf, and you did not in fact have the opportunity to defend based on all of the information needed. Did you ask Payplan to complete the forms, i.e., did you initially receive the forms and forward them on to Payplan, or were they sent direct to Payplan without you seeing them? these companies, such as Payplan, CCCS etc will always advise you to admit liability - I have always found it worrying that they are actually sponsored by the creditors themselves.

Magda

Edited by MAGDA